Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2007   #41
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: Are the Bucs Really a Better Team Than the Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
Yea sorry, I was being a smartass when I wrote those.

Reliant as well as Ray Jay are both premium NFL stadiums and both will hold a number of Super Bowls in thier time.

Btw, we have next year's SB and I believe Reliant does in '11, sadly after Miami somehow get's another two.
TB will have 10x more SBs than Houston.

It's Florida... It's a sin not to have a superbowl in any other state.

Sooner or later I'll visit ya'lls stadium and have a looksee.
Old 12-07-2007   #42
spent
Buccaneer Freak

Send a message via AIM to spent Send a message via Yahoo to spent

it truly is an experience...gorgeous, too!!
spent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #43
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Coaching = Bucs
Defense = Bucs
Offense = Draw
Owner = Bucs (the dude owns ManU which is sick and brought Lombardi to Tampa)
Stadium = Draw (the pirate ship is an NFL icon but Reliant is beautiful and tasteful)
Fans = Texans, as if there was any doubt....

both teams are building through the draft and looking to better times in the future...bucs could make noise this year.

i am no cowboys hater, actually grew up loving Cowboys and Oilers but I think any team that gets to play Divisional Playoff game in Dallas has a good chance to upset the Cowboys. especially a team like the Bucs. Romo is going to choke. No doubt. I think the team who plays in Dallas in the Divisional week has a good shot at getting it done. That thing in Dallas is a powderkeg just ready to explode. Everything is all peach now but that could change in a hurry.
Old 12-07-2007   #44
bucslover
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheTexan View Post
GOOD luck Buc fans, on any other Sunday!! You do have the cutest coach in the NFL, that's for sure!!

Yes, we do.. You guys have some cuties! on the Texans... we have Barrett Ruud and a few others..

But I'm with you, we do have the hottest coach...

Gruden is way more cuter than Kubiak,
bucslover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #45
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Ok...how did we go from comparing who has the better roster to who has the cutest coach???
crunkbuc4d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #46
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkbuc4d1 View Post
Ok...how did we go from comparing who has the better roster to who has the cutest coach???
Hmmmm...

I guess it depends on your taste. It will be an interesting coaching matchup because they know each other so well from the Denver-Oakland days.

If games were played on paper, position by position, known players versus known players, the Texans would win zero games.

If you look to common recent opponents, despite putting up a ton of yards, the Bucs required the Saints to pull a Reggie to win their game against them.

The Texans beat the Saints by 13. Even after turning the ball over twice. The first game that Andre Johnson was back.

Generally speaking the Texans are a much better team at home than on the road, which is common for young, inexperienced teams. It can get really really loud in Reliant, because the stadium is so vertical and all the seats are fairly close to the field.

The Texans have had their problems, but if they can reduce the gift turnovers, they can move the ball.

Just saying.
Old 12-07-2007   #47
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post

Record (8-4) - Bucs.... Caveat, its in the Nancy Football Conference
GM - TEXANS

[/b]
Playing in the NFC, especially in this years NFC South makes this record pretty easy to achieve.

Play the Panthers, Saints and Falcons six times a years and you have at least 5 wins right there.

How many wins would you have playing the likes of the Colts, Jags and Titans twice a year.

Admittedly you don't pick your division, but some are FAR easier than others.
kiwitexansfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #48
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
I couldn't help it...so here goes.

QB - Bucs
RB - Bucs
FB - Bucs
WR - Push
TE - Bucs
OT - Bucs
OG - Bucs
C - Bucs

DE - Bucs
DT - Bucs
OLB - Bucs
MLB - Bucs
CB - Bucs
FS - Bucs
SS - Bucs

K - Bucs
P - Bucs

Head Coach - Bucs
Offensive Assistants - Bucs
Defensive Coordinator - Bucs
Defensive Assistants - Bucs

Record (8-4) - Bucs

GM - Bucs
Owner - Bucs

Stadium - Bucs
City/Area - Bucs
hahahahahahaha. ha.

QB: push
RB: Bucs
FB: push
WR: Texans
TE: push
OL: Bucs

DE: Texans
DT: Texans
MLB: Texans Texans
OLB: push
CB: Bucs (since Dunta is injured)
S: Bucs

The Bucs are super overrated if you judge based on the win/loss record. The only reason yall won last Sunday is because the Saints gift wrapped it for ya. Tampa Bay is no better than Houston. Id say this game is a toss up. Galloway will probably burn us at least once, if Garcia is healthy he will be a concern also. The rookie runningback looked pretty good last week, but then again it was against the Saints run defense.

ps Gruden is a bad coach. Most unfortunate for you guys that your record probably saved his job.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #49
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 72750 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr PC View Post
hahahahahahaha. ha.

QB: push
RB: Bucs
FB: push
WR: Texans
TE: push
OL: Bucs

DE: Texans
DT: Texans
MLB: Texans Texans
OLB: push
CB: Bucs (since Dunta is injured)
S: Bucs

The Bucs are super overrated if you judge based on the win/loss record. The only reason yall won last Sunday is because the Saints gift wrapped it for ya. Tampa Bay is no better than Houston. Id say this game is a toss up. Galloway will probably burn us at least once, if Garcia is healthy he will be a concern also. The rookie runningback looked pretty good last week, but then again it was against the Saints run defense.

ps Gruden is a bad coach. Most unfortunate for you guys that your record probably saved his job.
Mr PC, there is no way our defensive front seven is better than the Buc's.
Old 12-07-2007   #50
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan View Post
Mr PC, there is no way our defensive front seven is better than the Buc's.
I was probably exaggerating when I said OLB was a push. Even though he is aging and lost a step D. Brooks is still a great player. Other than that I think our front 7 is definitely comparable to Tampa Bay in terms of personel. Mario, Johnson, Amobi, Meco, Clark are nasty. The defensive coordinator and lack of safety support hurts the production of the front 7 for the Texans, but they are beastly.
Old 12-07-2007   #51
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Mario is emerging but he is not better by himself than the ends that the Bucs have.

TJ is a much improved player but doesn't make much of an impact really, Okoye has faded really badly and is just a pup.

Demeco is great, that is a given, but our OLB's are rubbish, just rubbish.
Old 12-07-2007   #52
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Mario is emerging but he is not better by himself than the ends that the Bucs have.

TJ is a much improved player but doesn't make much of an impact really, Okoye has faded really badly and is just a pup.

Demeco is great, that is a given, but our OLB's are rubbish, just rubbish.
No sir, Danny Clark has played very well for this team. Greenwood is overpaid but he is not a liability out there, he is average. The Texans OLBs are of acceptable quality, you are underrating them considerably if you think they are rubbish.
Old 12-07-2007   #53
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

My eyes tell me that Demeco makes so many tackles because the other LB's aren't around the ball.

Either Demeco is just that darn good, or the others just aren't up to it. Being 25th in rush defense seems to add to that conviction too.
Old 12-07-2007   #54
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Yeah, our OLBs are acceptable rubbish. Acceptable!

Yessir!

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #55
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Quote:
My eyes tell me that Demeco makes so many tackles because the other LB's aren't around the ball.

Either Demeco is just that darn good, or the others just aren't up to it. Being 25th in rush defense seems to add to that conviction too.
I think 25th in rush defense has to do with our safeties being out of position and giving up 50+ yard runs, that tends to inflate the stats. I wouldnt rate either one of our our OLB as anything less than average players. Ive seen Danny Clark make a bunch of big plays on defense, while Greenwood has looked decidedly average. Ryans is everywhere but thats not because the OLB suck its because he is just that good. I really hope the Texans resign Clark because he has made a positive impact on the field.
Old 12-07-2007   #56
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72199 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think 25th in rush defense has to do with our safeties being out of position and giving up 50+ yard runs, that tends to inflate the stats. I wouldnt rate either one of our our OLB as anything less than average players. Ive seen Danny Clark make a bunch of big plays on defense, while Greenwood has looked decidedly average. Ryans is everywhere but thats not because the OLB suck its because he is just that good. I really hope the Texans resign Clark because he has made a positive impact on the field.
Actually, I'm glad to hear you say that, because I do get most of my information from this website and sometimes I think there's too many of US repeating each other.

Don't think I won't be an expert again next time I post though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #57
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 112924 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

You guys can keep Ricky, I mean Barrett Rudd (Ruud)- We'll happily keep DeMeco.

I do like the pirate ship - reminds of when I was 5 years old and wanted to be a pirate when I grew up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #58
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 70214 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It can't help that the offense has been careless with the ball.

The more times you are on the field, the more likely the defensive stats will suffer. You get behind in games, and then teams will run on you.*

*That being said, defense needs more starting bodies and a new coodinator.
Old 12-08-2007   #59
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4560 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Playing in the NFC, especially in this years NFC South makes this record pretty easy to achieve.

Play the Panthers, Saints and Falcons six times a years and you have at least 5 wins right there.

How many wins would you have playing the likes of the Colts, Jags and Titans twice a year.

Admittedly you don't pick your division, but some are FAR easier than others.
I couldn't agree with you more, kiwi. We play in the toughest division in all of the NFL, and I don't say that just because I'm a Texans fan. At 5-7, the Texans would be in 2nd place in the NFC South.
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2007   #60
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Ya the Bucs might be better but who knows we will see tomorrow what happends. I like the Bucs fans and Tampa seems like a nice city but it is full of old people and not that exciting.
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read