Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2007   #181
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Mario Williams

http://www.nfl.com/players/courtneyb...e?id=BRO358547

Courtney Brown never had a season over 6.0 sacks.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #182
Farough
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 880 Farough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respectedFarough is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Farough

Didn't see this posted.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...ans/index.html
Quote:
While Williams closes in on his first Pro Bowl season in Houston -- with 8½ sacks, he trails only Jared Allen of the Chiefs among AFC defensive ends -- Bush sputters along in New Orleans, looking less and less every week like a once-in-a-lifetime player.
I didn't think that this season was pro-bowl form, but people are taking notice.
Old 12-07-2007   #183
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Good article. I'm glad to see Mario getting his reps from the media. For a team that rarely blitzes, his sack total is pretty good.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #184
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Most likely, Adrian Peterson, Brian Westbrook and Marion Barber will represent the NFC in the Pro Bowl in Hawaii.

That's OK. Maybe Mario Williams can send Bush a postcard.
OOOOHHHH Snap!
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #185
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Oh all that is BS, three of Mario's sacks were cheap and he sucks. He's just a workout warior. He's not fast enough to be a DE. He needs to go inside to DT. We need to move Mario inide and redraft a true DE.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 12-07-2007 at 04:59 PM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #186
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Oh all that is BS, three of Mario's sacks were cheap and he sucks. He' just a workout warior. He's not fast enough to be a DE he needs to go inside to DT. We need to move Mario inide and redraft a true DE.
Do you ever listen to yourself before you speak/type, or does the fact that we are certain you are smarted then everybody else blind you to the lunacy that spews from your fingers?

Just asking?

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 12-07-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #187
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Do you ever listen to yourself before you speak/type, or does the fact that we are certain you are smarted then everybody else blind you to the lunacy that spews from your fingers?

Just asking?
I'm quite certain he was being sarcastic.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #188
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34649 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
Looking at his track record I think he was being quite serious.
Old 12-07-2007   #189
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
yep. Got beat over the head with that sheet all last winter. Getting my digs back for sure. Don't see many "I was dead wrong about Mario Pete" on the board. And you won't either. The only reason they aren't banging and rippin' on Okoye is I called the wall back in august. Throw the chubby leg over and climb Omobi climb baby !

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter?season...&game_id=29392

Quote:
Key matchup
Texans DE Mario Williams vs. Buccaneers OT Donald Penn. Since taking the place of injured veteran Luke Petitgout, Penn has quietly done an outstanding job for the Bucs. Tampa Bay has given up only 22 sacks this year (fewer than two per game) and it ranks fifth in the NFL in yards per carry, despite being without its top two rushers for most of the season. Penn's strong play has a lot to do with those achievements. In Williams, he faces the first overall pick from the 2006 NFL Draft. After a rookie season in which he received a fair deal of criticism for not matching the highlight-reel plays made by the second and third picks of that draft, Reggie Bush and Vince Young, he is now the one producing at the highest level. Williams ranks 15th in the NFL with eight sacks and has made his own share of eye-catching plays this season. If he can dominate Penn and add some more highlights to his portfolio, the Bucs' offense could be in trouble.
Old 12-07-2007   #190
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
yep. Got beat over the head with that sheet all last winter. Getting my digs back for sure. Don't see many "I was dead wrong about Mario Pete" on the board. And you won't either. The only reason they aren't bnging and rippin'on Okoye is I called the wall back in august. Throw the chubby leg over and climb Omobi climb baby !
I withdraw my comments due the lack of preception of the sarcastic nature of the comment. My apologies.

In 06, when we were in the trhows of the Reggie v VY debate, I was firmly on the Reggie Bush side. I stayed away from the boards the Friday night before the draft, and was very cautios of the call for several months, but since Mario is a Texans and the other two or not I moved my support behind Mario and never looked back.

I have on several occasions stated that I am glad that the Texans passed on Reggie since then, and I'll do it again I'm sure.

On a side note the sarcasm smilie works wonders, see below.

Reggie Bush is g_d.
Old 12-07-2007   #191
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Rep Power: 287939 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In 06, when we were in the trhows of the Reggie v VY debate, I was firmly on the Reggie Bush side. I stayed away from the boards the Friday night before the draft, and was very cautios of the call for several months, but since Mario is a Texans and the other two or not I moved my support behind Mario and never looked back.

I have on several occasions stated that I am glad that the Texans passed on Reggie since then, and I'll do it again I'm sure.
For you it was Reggie, for me it was Vince Young. But all the emotion put aside, this debate about the threesome won't end (and shouldn't end) until all three of them have been in the league another couple of years.

And like I've said before, it's a moot point anyway. Mario is here, and he ain't going nowhere and Vince and Bush aren't coming here except while wearing another uniform. It is still my contention that Mario and Vince will prove themselves worthy, Bush will not.

But hey, if I could predict the future I'd be a stock broker.

Old 12-07-2007   #192
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 73110 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't know. We might get Bush for a 6th round pick four years from now or something.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #193
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I don't know. We might get Bush for a 6th round pick four years from now or something.
LOL. Bushie would make an good special teams player if picked up on the cheap. He'd be a kick off/punt returner and maybe a 4th wide out.

Old 12-08-2007   #194
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 109602 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

http://www.buccaneers.com/news/newsd...px?newsid=6178

Bucs official homepage "know your opponent"

Quote:
My head was spinning last year with everything that was going on and me just moving around a lot more last year trying to learn a lot more positions. This year I’m just a lot more comfortable.”

Williams has quickly emerged as a dominant force on the Texans’ line, accounting for nearly half of the team’s 19 sacks on the year. The key, he says, is technique. While pure talent may have allowed him to outclass most of the offensive linemen he faced in high school and college, he’s now squaring off against the biggest, best, and brightest players in the world, and it’ll take a little more than natural ability to beat them.

“Technique is a big thing, especially when you’re facing guys that have been in the league for a long time, or even guys that have just been in the league a few years and know the ropes,” Williams said. “They know the little tricks of the trade that can get you off balance, which is what’s very important in the NFL – the balance, the technique. But pretty much it all comes down to your recognition and just being comfortable.”

The Texans selected another lineman with their top pick in the 2007 NFL Draft – defensive tackle Amobi Okoye – and the Buccaneers also picked up a young lineman of their own in defensive end Gaines Adams. Now in his second year in the league, Williams can sympathize as he watches – and in Adams’ case, prepares to play against – some other highly-touted rookie linemen enduring the same gauntlet that Williams survived just a season ago.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #195
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 56780 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
In 06, when we were in the trhows of the Reggie v VY debate, I was firmly on the Reggie Bush side. I stayed away from the boards the Friday night before the draft,
coward

Quote:
On a side note the sarcasm smilie works wonders, see below.

Reggie Bush is g_d.
yes it does

back on topic........

the real beauty (speaking of real where's he been?) of Mario Williams is that he can be the best of both worlds. meaning he can be the very best LDE in a 4-3 or the very best RDT in a 3-4. it kinda gives the Texans some options should they change schemes or continue the path currently on
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #196
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
...or the very best RDT in a 3-4. it kinda gives the Texans some options should they change schemes...
Why would they change schemes? Okoye would be a bad fit for a 3-4. The LBs are thin already, and there are no edge rushers to play OLB. Switching to the 3-4 is the last thing I would expect the Texans to do.
Old 12-09-2007   #197
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

i think amobi could be a 3-4 DE but guys like travis and demeco would be unsuited to it
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #198
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31977 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario's having a hell of a game so far...
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #199
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

He really is.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007   #200
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 94067 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario has really come on, I love that Kubiak says he has fallen in love with the game and it shows as he attacks it with a passion.

I hope he gets a Probowl ticket.... that would be awesome.
kiwitexansfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read