Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-07-2007   #21
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Are the Bucs Really a Better Team Than the Texans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Spot View Post
I couldn't help it...so here goes.

QB - Bucs
RB - Bucs
FB - Bucs
WR - Push
TE - Bucs
OT - Bucs
OG - Bucs
C - Bucs

DE - Bucs
DT - Bucs
OLB - Bucs
MLB - Bucs -Push
CB - Bucs
FS - Bucs
SS - Bucs
I wanted to come down hard on you, but truthfully your list sadly looks fairly accurate. I wouldn't give the definite edge to Ruud for MLB- I'd give Meco and Ruud a push....
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #22
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
There, made a few corrections for you!!
Ahh, see it looks better when there's truly an unbiased opinion. LMAO!
Old 12-07-2007   #23
Black Spot
Bucs HOF'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkbuc4d1 View Post
Honestly most of the list is right. the only position that I think the Texans are better at is WR.

I'm not touching the Stadium or City/Area with a 10ft pole.

Yea sorry, I was being a smartass when I wrote those.

Reliant as well as Ray Jay are both premium NFL stadiums and both will hold a number of Super Bowls in thier time.

Btw, we have next year's SB and I believe Reliant does in '11, sadly after Miami somehow get's another two.

Last edited by Black Spot; 12-07-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Black Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #24
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
I wanted to come down hard on you, but truthfully your list sadly looks fairly accurate. I wouldn't give the definite edge to Ruud for MLB- I'd give Meco and Ruud a push....
I don't know...Ruud has to get the edge only because the MLB is the QB of the Cover 2 defense. We know whose defense is ranked higher so that gives him a minor edge. If we switched them out, I'd give Ryans the edge for the same reason.
crunkbuc4d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #25
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Heres my take
QB - Bucs
RB - Bucs
FB - Push (Leach brings power)
WR - Texans
TE - Push (Daniels is good when the QB doesn't lead him into 3-way collisions)
OT - Bucs
OG - Bucs
C - Bucs (Your Center can't be worse then Flanagan)

DE - Bucs (Only because Mario can't play both positions)
DT - Bucs (Travis Johnson is coming into his own, but Okoye looks tired.)
OLB - Bucs
MLB - Push (Have you ever heard of Demeco Ryans?)
CB - Bucs
FS - Bucs x2
SS - Bucs x2

K - Texans (Kris Brown has leg)
P - Bucs (I don't know your punter)

Head Coach - Bucs
Offensive Assistants - Bucs
Defensive Coordinator - Bucs x50
Defensive Assistants - Bucs

Last edited by Brandon420tx; 12-07-2007 at 03:45 PM.
Brandon420tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #26
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 14154 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't know...Ruud has to get the edge only because the MLB is the QB of the Cover 2 defense. We know whose defense is ranked higher so that gives him a minor edge. If we switched them out, I'd give Ryans the edge for the same reason.
You've already said you have had a good scheme and good young players around Ruud, Demeco has had to carry our entire defense with the weak scheme we run here. The only people to help him out from time to time on our defense are Mario, Travis Johnson, Fred Bennett, and Will Demps. Dunta Robinson is injured, and Danny Clark helps against the run but is slow.

Basically Demeco has had to do more with less.
Old 12-07-2007   #27
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
You've already said you have had a good scheme and good young players around Ruud, Demeco has had to carry our entire defense with the weak scheme we run here. The only people to help him out from time to time on our defense are Mario, Travis Johnson, Fred Bennett, and Will Demps. Dunta Robinson is injured, and Danny Clark helps against the run but is slow.

Basically Demeco has had to do more with less.
I agree, but it's like with the MVP award..you give it to the QB with the better record. Ruud is our QB on defense.
Old 12-07-2007   #28
austintexanite
All Pro

I'd give the push to the TE, and I'd take our MLB over Rudd. I think both Demeco and Rudd are great players, but Rudd has had veteran leadership (Brooks, Barber, and the Great Kiffin) to help him understand the scheme, whereas Demeco has been left alone. Oddly as it is, I would give the edge to our kicker this year. He has been great this year (I bet I jinxed him for Sunday.)
Old 12-07-2007   #29
Black Spot
Bucs HOF'er

Quote:
I agree, but it's like with the MVP award..you give it to the QB with the better record. Ruud is our QB on defense.
Crunk, you know your not going to win this one bud. They only have a few things to be proud of and Ryans is the biggest.

HOWEVER, Barret Ruud in a Cover 2 scheme is only 15 tackles behind Ryans who has to freelance to cover every hole on the field.

edge - Ruud.
Black Spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #30
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Crunk, you know your not going to win this one bud. They only have a few things to be proud of and Ryans is the biggest.

HOWEVER, Barret Ruud in a Cover 2 scheme is only 15 tackles behind Ryans who has to freelance to cover every hole on the field.

edge - Ruud.
You left out:
Solo Tackles: Ryans 89 - Ruud 67
Sacks: Ryans 2 - Ruud 0
Passes defended: Ryans 5 - Ruud 2

Although, I will admit Ruud leads in INT's 2-1
Old 12-07-2007   #31
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
You left out:
Solo Tackles: Ryans 89 - Ruud 67
Sacks: Ryans 2 - Ruud 0
Passes defended: Ryans 5 - Ruud 2

Although, I will admit Ruud leads in INT's 2-1
What about fumbles and TDs?
Old 12-07-2007   #32
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
What about fumbles and TDs?
According to NFL.com they don't list TD's from fumbles (only INT's) and Ruud leads in Forced Fumbles 3-1
Old 12-07-2007   #33
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
edge - Ruud.
Who?
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #34
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Barret Ruud, he's been having a very good year for the Bucs. (I knew that before all the tampa fans came)

Post 1500!
Old 12-07-2007   #35
PBuc
noob

There is no doubt that position by position the bucs would seem to have an advantage. The have had an uncanny ability to play poorly in some games on the road.. They statistically beat the crap out of detroit and managed to lose. I look for a close game.
PBuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #36
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBuc View Post
There is no doubt that position by position the bucs would seem to have an advantage. The have had an uncanny ability to play poorly in some games on the road.. They statistically beat the crap out of detroit and managed to lose. I look for a close game.

You are a brave soul to coome here with that name.
Old 12-07-2007   #37
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
You are a brave soul to coome here with that name.
What do you mean???

Old 12-07-2007   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBuc View Post
Sorry P-Burnt. I addressed this on the first page with my very 'unbiased' analysis:

QB - TEXANS
RB - TEXANS
FB - TEXANS
WR - TEXANS
TE -TEXANS
OT - TEXANS
OG - TEXANS
C - TEXANS

DE - TEXANS
DT -TEXANS
OLB - TEXANS
MLB - TEXANS
CB - TEXANS
FS - TEXANS
SS - TEXANS

K - TEXANS
P - TEXANS

Head Coach - TEXANS
Offensive Assistants - TEXANS
Defensive Coordinator - Got us there
Defensive Assistants - TEXANS

Record (8-4) - Bucs.... Caveat, its in the Nancy Football Conference
GM - TEXANS

Owner - TEXANS

Stadium - RELIANT
City/Area - H-TOWN -
Old 12-07-2007   #39
MightyTExan
It's go time!

Rep Power: 35052 MightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respectedMightyTExan is a quality contributor and well respected

MightyTExan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007   #40
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Cuz this is THRILLER!!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read