Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-05-2007   #61
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: Could Sage be auditioning as trade bait the rest of season?

Seeing as we have a starting QB that cant stay in the game for more than 2 drives I dont think its a good idea to trade Sage away. He knows how to run this offense better than anyone we could replace him with. Sage's value to this team far exceeds his trade value, so I seriously doubt he'll be leaving anytime soon.
Mr PC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #62
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Lets trade Andre Johnson to Dallas for their two ones and two ?
If Dallas actually offered that, I think you'd have to do it. That would give you THREE number ones and a 2nd round pick. No-brainer.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #63
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
If Dallas actually offered that, I think you'd have to do it. That would give you THREE number ones and a 2nd round pick. No-brainer.
And take the colossal cap hit that comes with it? What good are 3 1st round picks if we absorb that kind of dead money? And what do you accomplish if you lose one of the best players in the NFL, and far and away the best on our team? Thats just foolish. Look for any resource you can find that is expendable, but for the love of all that is holy, dont touch AJ.
Old 12-05-2007   #64
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
Well if that's the case, we could probably also offload Mario for a 1st rounder, we could get rid of Dunta probably for a 1st as well. Heck, then we could easily ship off Owen Daniels for a 3rd or 4th, and then after that we could probably sucker some team into taking Demeco Ryans off our hands for a 1st and 3rd.

After that we would have FIVE number ones a 2nd and like a million others in the later rounds! We would be unstoppable!

Seriously, you don't just give away your best players for draft picks unless your cupboard is completely bare of talent and you have to rebuild. We are already a few years into rebuilding, and we are doing what I consider to be a great job. Injuries have really caught up to us this year, and I don't think that there is a need to send off any player with value for draft picks.

Don't trade Sage, for anything. It will only lead to tears when Matt gets hurt again (likely) and you can't just hope that the QB you drafted in the 4th round is going to set the world on fire, or you are going to be talking about the draft again, only in October.
Old 12-05-2007   #65
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 8652 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

The Cowboys certainly did well for themselves when they traded Herschel Walker...

Just sayin!!!
Old 12-06-2007   #66
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 70440 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
The Cowboys certainly did well for themselves when they traded Herschel Walker...

Just sayin!!!
They did get like 6 picks for Walker right?
Old 12-06-2007   #67
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
That's why I wouldn't. Schaub seems (I may be wrong, you can't guage a hit from the stands) but he seems to be more fragile than we thought. The last thing we want is to get caught without a backup right now. But if he has a shot to start somewhere, I would love for him to get a shot too. He's earned it. ---Only if we get a second rounder or better though.....otherwise there will be riots!
You know. I was thinking. (That is usually dangerous and leads to long posts) that maybe Schaub isn't that fragile. Is it possible the team is sitting him at the first sign of trouble because of the pass protection problems? Just a thought. Did we maybe learn from our experience with Carr?

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #68
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
You know. I was thinking. (That is usually dangerous and leads to long posts) that maybe Schaub isn't that fragile. Is it possible the team is sitting him at the first sign of trouble because of the pass protection problems? Just a thought. Did we maybe learn from our experience with Carr?

Mike
Well from your post to Rick Smith's eyes. What we know for a fact is that he has one concusion in the bank and four left in the tank. You can throw that 18 number out there if you want to...my tree the guy has taken some tremendiuos shots this year. Shots that would have knock anyone out. So just what is your standard for fragile ? His fault , line's fault it realy doesn't matter. At this rate the guy will be done after three seasons.

I tend to be positive about the players. I stuck By DC untill the Oakland game. So, I think throwing MS under the bus is a little premature at this time.

I believe we over paid for him just a tad. I also believe he has proven himself to be more than just a blue collar QB. He is a top five guy under the correct circumstances ? Just what are they prepaired to do to get the circumstances correct. I dunno. We'll see.
Old 12-06-2007   #69
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 82785 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm probably going to become the most unpopular person on this board... but I'm not sure what the love fest with Sage is really. He's a decent backup but the more I think about it... He's not really that special. In every game he's been in I can think of several great throws. I can also think of several bad throws. He takes way too many risks if you ask me, and he eventually gets burned. Yeah he knows the offense, but he seems in a rush to make something happen. Could we do worse? Sure. Could we do better? I'm sure we could. Honestly, if some team wanted to offer me something substancial for him I'd listen. I don't think that a backup QB that makes alot of ill advised throws is really that hard to replace. Just my opinion, but I think we have a tendancy to over value him.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #70
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Just my opinion, but I think we have a tendancy to over value him.

Mike
Probably the best comment in this thread which makes this whole discussion moot. Nevertheless, a good conversation and a good way to kill time.

Point is, no team is probably going to trade for Rosensfels.

You can lock up this thread if you like because it seems we have come full circle.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007   #71
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Not saying Schaub is bad because I do like him but to me he kind of reminds me of Chad Pennington. Intelligent QB that is injury prone with a weak arm.

As for Sage I don't think it would be a good idea to trade him unless we got a big bounty for him which I don't see happening. Until Schaub proves he can stay on the field we will need a good back up like Sage.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read