Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2007   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chronic: Team Changes to Fill Empty Slots

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5349523.html

- Signed Mike Brisiel from the practice squad
- Re-signed center/guard Drew Hodgdon, who spent two seasons with the Texans before being cut Aug. 31.

Quote:
Brisiel has spent the past two seasons on the practice squad. He will be thrown into a three-man competition at right guard with rookies Brandon Frye and Kasey Studdard.
Most likely or going to be put on IR:

- Schaub
- Green
- Weary
- Chris White

Craig Nall, the backup QB that we had signed to backup Rosenfels that we cut on 11/21.....signed w/ Green Bay on Sunday. Just our luck.

Shane Boyd will be moved from the practice squad to the 53 man roster.

Man, we are depleted and it's not looking good to finish out this season 8-8.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #2
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer
Default Re: Chronic: Team Changes to Fill Empty Slots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans34Life View Post
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/5349523.html

- Signed Mike Brisiel from the practice squad
- Re-signed center/guard Drew Hodgdon, who spent two seasons with the Texans before being cut Aug. 31.

Most likely or going to be put on IR:

- Schaub
- Green
- Weary
- Chris White

Craig Nall, the backup QB that we had signed to backup Rosenfels that we cut on 11/21.....signed w/ Green Bay on Sunday. Just our luck.

Shane Boyd will be moved from the practice squad to the 53 man roster.

Man, we are depleted and it's not looking good to finish out this season 8-8.
6-10 would be REALLY lucky....but not likely. Somehow as banged up as we are, I STILL see the Bucs being a trap game. and the Jags and Colts....fugetdabowdit.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #3
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Frye, who recently was converted from tackle to guard, has never been active for a game."
This is the guy that interests me the most. He was a late second-day choice
back in this years NFL Draft and played OLT while in his senior year at
V-Tech, with no starts before his final college year. He's strong & has impressive quickness/coordination, so he sounds like a good candidate to play in the NFL in a purely athletic sense. His development here was impeded by injury in TC, but maybe he's ready to step up ? He's always sounded like a better candidate to me than Kubiak family-friend Studdard, who is not suited for the ZB scheme that Kubaik may renew his focus on with Sherman effectively out of the picture.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #4
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
Somehow as banged up as we are, I STILL see the Bucs being a trap game.
A trap game for whom? The Bucs?
Old 12-04-2007   #5
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm sure if we need a 3rd QB Carolina would give us theirs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #6
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
6-10 would be REALLY lucky....but not likely. Somehow as banged up as we are, I STILL see the Bucs being a trap game. and the Jags and Colts....fugetdabowdit.
I just can't see the Texans going 0-6 in the division this year. They're going to squeak out one of those games against the Jags or Colts.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #7
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13071 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Nausiated, ty
Old 12-04-2007   #8
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 147126 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
A trap game for whom? The Bucs?
I was wondering the same thing. Geez, I hope he/she meant the Bucs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
I just can't see the Texans going 0-6 in the division this year. They're going to squeak out one of those games against the Jags or Colts.
There's a remote chance we pull one off against one of them due to their playoff schedule, but honestly, I won't be holding my breath.
Old 12-04-2007   #9
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

an NFL leading 16 players on injured reserve, and that's without Schaub not yet being placed on IR.

horribly bad streak of injuries.

my personal prediction of 7-9 is looking not so good now.
Old 12-04-2007   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"Megan_Manfull: They are tackles. That's why they are irrelevant in the guard situation. Black is playing behind Bulter and Salaam right now. He's fallen way down the depth chart."
http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans..._the_ol_1.html
As long as this thread includes the topic of OLine personell, remember
OT Jordan Black ? Megan Manfull reports in her blog that he is playing so poorly he has falled behine Rasham Butler on the DC.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #11
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
LOL...rep. Seriously, if Schaub is able to play this year, then he better play to gain more live experience. I think he's good, but he needs more game snaps to pick up a better feel when guys are chasing him. I agree with posters here that he needs hit the weights a little more to make him stronger, hopefully this year showed him that.
Old 12-04-2007   #12
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOU-TEX View Post
I was wondering the same thing. Geez, I hope he/she meant the Bucs.:

Why? The Bucs have won against AWEFUL teams. The toughest team they've played against all year is Tennessee. Come on.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #13
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 77507 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why? The Bucs have won against AWEFUL teams. The toughest team they've played against all year is Tennessee. Come on.
Sadly, I think that we fit into that category.

Old 12-05-2007   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Chronic: Team Changes to Fill Empty Slots

Quote:
I don't have a link. But I heard he was made #3 on the depth chart (behind the UFA) - though the coach thinks he's a moldable QB, he doesn't want him getting booed.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #15
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 63719 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
"Megan_Manfull: They are tackles. That's why they are irrelevant in the guard situation. Black is playing behind Bulter and Salaam right now. He's fallen way down the depth chart."
http://blogs.chron.com/gamedaytexans..._the_ol_1.html
As long as this thread includes the topic of OLine personell, remember
OT Jordan Black ? Megan Manfull reports in her blog that he is playing so poorly he has falled behine Rasham Butler on the DC.
A big deal was made of the fact that Black could play tackle and guard when he was signed. There was a lot of excitement that he was the "starting LT for a play-off team". From watching him play, I knew he wasn't the answer and the team would be in trouble if they had to play him, at least at LT. I thought the $1M signing bonus was incredible. There were probably street free agents available for the NFL minimum that could have filled a roster spot and played as well as him.

I still contend that the Texans need to quit looking a swing players and judge players by their primary position. The Texans are lucky Salaam has enjoyed good health this year. From this report, Black obviously isn't a good backup, at LT or guard.
Old 12-05-2007   #16
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #17
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 152103 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I don't have a link. But I heard he was made #3 on the depth chart (behind the UFA) - though the coach thinks he's a moldable QB, he doesn't want him getting booed.
That is what I was referring to, link1 link2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read