Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2007   #1
texanfan2002114 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 614 texanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexanfan2002114 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans sign Brisiel, Hodgdon

"The Houston Texans have signed G Mike Brisiel and G/C Drew Hodgdon and placed G Fred Weary and G/C Chris White on injured reserve, it was announced today."

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/St...?story_id=3994
texanfan2002114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #2
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default Re: Texans sign Brisiel, Hodgdon

Was Hodgodon any good? I remember him being fairly solid somewhere. I may have him confused with someone else, though.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #3
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

He was always w/ the Texans. They cut him at the beginning of the year after he unsuccessfully attempted to switch to guard.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #4
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Texans sign Brisiel, Hodgdon

Poor weary. 2-3 breaks, a rod in his leg, and his career may be over
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #5
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
Was Hodgodon any good? I remember him being fairly solid somewhere. I may have him confused with someone else, though.
He wasn't any good at Center last year for us. He had problems snapping the ball in the "shotgun." Remember, that's when they moved McKinney back to Center and we started our 4 game winning streak (seems so long ago now). They tried to move Hodgdon to Guard this year but cut him before the season began.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #6
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Niether one of them are any good. If they happen to see the field.....poor Sage.
Old 12-05-2007   #7
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Wait, I thought both White and Weary would be back in time for training camp next year????
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-05-2007   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
Where's that coming from ? Got a link for us ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #9
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Where's that coming from ? Got a link for us ?
I don't have a link, but I heard the same thing yesterday on AM 610 radio on the Ephraim Salaam segment. Salaam said it himself. And when Rich Lord (I think it was Rich.) said something like "so this could be career threatening", Salaam said "yes."

Not good news, but it seems to be the way our luck has been going. This team must be "snakebit" or something. I've never heard of a team with so many injuries to key players over the last 2 years and probabaly since the start of the franchise! And it all started with Boselli (sp?)!
Old 12-05-2007   #10
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I don't have a link, but I heard the same thing yesterday on AM 610 radio on the Ephraim Salaam segment. Salaam said it himself. And when Rich Lord (I think it was Rich.) said something like "so this could be career threatening", Salaam said "yes."

Not good news, but it seems to be the way our luck has been going. This team must be "snakebit" or something. I've never heard of a team with so many injuries to key players over the last 2 years and probabaly since the start of the franchise! And it all started with Boselli (sp?)!
So now we have Spencer, Weary, and Robinson on this.... are they ever gonna be the same list??? Man, when will the torture end?
Old 12-05-2007   #11
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
So now we have Spencer, Weary, and Robinson on this.... are they ever gonna be the same list??? Man, when will the torture end?
Man with today's medince, you don't hear about too many possible career ending injuries (not counting concussions) and we have three on our team alone.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #12
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by V Man View Post
Man with today's medince, you don't hear about too many possible career ending injuries (not counting concussions) and we have three on our team alone.
Don't know bout medicine, but Salaam spoke to Weary after the operation. I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on TV, However, Salaam reported the leg to be broken in three places. Sounds prety severe to me. White has the chance to be back next year if I've got my CL's correct. McKinney has a shot but he's over thrity and has thriving bussiness interests. Be a labor of love if he makes it back.

They'll scew down and plate up Weary. I expect to see him PUPed in '08 if they choose to resign him. a few guys have made it back from bad breaks. But three places ? Over under ? I take the under .

Two years in a row the team has been whiped out by injuries....we're deffintly snake bit.
Old 12-05-2007   #13
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

I posted in the Generals blog to see if there was any more scoop on Wearys injury:

Quote:
Off topic a bit. Whats this I am hearing about Freds leg injury now being career threatening?? I thought he was supposed to be ready for camp next year?

{JD, there's nothing to it. -- JOHN}

I guess thats good news???
Old 12-05-2007   #14
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Quote:
I posted in the Generals blog to see if there was any more scoop on Wearys injury:

I guess thats good news???
I know McLain is getting better info than any of us, but 3 breaks and this late in the year, I'll go with TTP's prediction and say he's PUP'ed next year. I hope I'm wrong, but I just don't see him at full strength for the 08 season. As far as the career threatening part, only time will tell. JMHO!
Old 12-05-2007   #15
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

I guess I should avoid anything that may lead to me being optimistic about anything.... this is the Texans after all.
Old 12-05-2007   #16
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Musa Smith had a similar injury (compound fracture to his tibia) in November 2004. He essentially missed the entire 2005 season. He was able to come back in '06.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #17
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I guess I should avoid anything that may lead to me being optimistic about anything.... this is the Texans after all.
[deep voice] We have nothing to post but fear itself [/deep voice]

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read