Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2007   #21
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8735 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: McNair is spending the $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
We say that, but yet there were knowledgable guys on the board that saw the problems years before the team would admit to it. Heck, we know a couple of folks who've been right on the money about Carr since I've been here, and they don't do it for a living.

So we have two options to believe:

1. McNair made the decision 100% and Kubiak was too new/weak of a HC to demand anything at that point.

2. McNair made the call in agreement with Kubiak, in which case he a) cannot evaluate QB talent as advertised, and/or b) has an ego that believes he can fix anything and was unwilling to believe that DC's problems were beyond his scope.

you get a thousand people together giving their oppinions and a few of them or bound to come up with the right answer. but my guess is that most of the time its just pure luck. and it will be totally different poeple who happen to guess right about the next big question we have.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #22
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 355985 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
you get a thousand people together giving their oppinions and a few of them or bound to come up with the right answer. but my guess is that most of the time its just pure luck. and it will be totally different poeple who happen to guess right about the next big question we have.
Or maybe there are actually *gasp!* a few folks that really know football and are good at evaluating players on this board, too.

I'm not naming names, but after a few years of reading thousands of posts from folks, you start to see the cream rise to the top. Many will know the ones I speak of without me revealing them.
Old 12-05-2007   #23
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
I'm not naming names, but after a few years of reading thousands of posts from folks, you start to see the cream rise to the top. Many will know the ones I speak of without me revealing them.
I'll name one for you. Powerful Freakin Dragon
Old 12-05-2007   #24
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Or maybe there are actually *gasp!* a few folks that really know football and are good at evaluating players on this board, too.

Could not agree more. I'd trust more opinions around here on talent then people working in the NFL. I'll put it this way for those who like to always throw out that we should trust these people because it is their job, not ours. There are plenty of attorneys out there that I know of that don't know jacksquat about the law or how to practice but they have the diploma and a bar card. There are plenty of doctors that made it through and who don't have the patients best interest in mind and who aren't great at their jobs. There are plenty of CPAs that screw up the numbers and get people in serious trouble. Well there are plenty of people that "act" knowlegeable in the NFL who keep screwing up and getting recycled that have no business being there.
Old 12-05-2007   #25
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: McNair is spending the $$

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Could not agree more. I'd trust more opinions around here on talent then people working in the NFL. I'll put it this way for those who like to always throw out that we should trust these people because it is their job, not ours. There are plenty of attorneys out there that I know of that don't know jacksquat about the law or how to practice but they have the diploma and a bar card. There are plenty of doctors that made it through and who don't have the patients best interest in mind and who aren't great at their jobs. There are plenty of CPAs that screw up the numbers and get people in serious trouble. Well there are plenty of people that "act" knowlegeable in the NFL who keep screwing up and getting recycled that have no business being there.
I was wondering last night when I heard a handicapper show commercial on the radio-

If you put the "best" commentators, handicappers, and analysts against each other, would there be a clear cut winner, a cream every year? Or is it all just too unpredictable with injuries, players who don't pan out, and nobodys who have a career high game?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #26
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 66827 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Some of what is plaguing the Texans is the same thing plaguing many NFL teams.

Super athletes are the new trend. They are marginal football players with irrelevant football intelligence who rise to the top of draft boards purely based on athleticism.

Work ethic and heart are two things that should never be overlooked, but often are. Its the reason DeMeco made an immediate impact and the reason some of the purely physical guys will never make it
Old 12-05-2007   #27
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Some of what is plaguing the Texans is the same thing plaguing many NFL teams.

Super athletes are the new trend. They are marginal football players with irrelevant football intelligence who rise to the top of draft boards purely based on athleticism.

Work ethic and heart are two things that should never be overlooked, but often are. Its the reason DeMeco made an immediate impact and the reason some of the purely physical guys will never make it
David Harris out of Michigan is one of those guys. All the guy did in college was make play after play but because he didn't have a good combine he fell to the very end of the draft. He now leads the Jets in tackles in his rookie season after only playing roughly half the season making former DROY J.Wilma expendable and trade bait.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 12-05-2007 at 01:28 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read