Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2007   #141
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Not a joke, he's THA FUTUA!!!!!... or so they say. We can both be happy we don't have Reggie.
Fair enough. Cheers to that!

Old 12-04-2007   #142
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ha then whats the point of being here?
I have no idea why you are here...the hell you asking me for?
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #143
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

To annoy you?

I post here more then the Titans' boards. What does that mean?
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #144
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
To annoy you?

I post here more then the Titans' boards. What does that mean?
That means that you and Kastofsna should be good buddies.

Old 12-04-2007   #145
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Is he embarrassed by his team's fans as well?
Old 12-04-2007   #146
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Quote:
lol, I don't think so.... but he posts on here all the time. I actually enjoy reading the posts of other teams fans, unless they are trolling. Good to have some variety.
Old 12-04-2007   #147
Bulluck53
All Pro

Thats why I come here and NFL boards instead of there, except for news.
Old 12-04-2007   #148
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, giving Williams a free sack and all is nice, but if you look, it seems like the Titans watched gametape of Cleveland, and saw the play where Mario went unhindered to go sack Derek Anderson, and decided that was a smart play.

I swear it was like I was watching a DVR of the play, only the offense just had different uniforms.

Maybe other teams are trying to inflate Mario's numbers? ?

Quote:
Thats why I come here and NFL boards instead of there, except for news.
What NFL boards? Rivals?
Old 12-04-2007   #149
Bulluck53
All Pro

I don't think I am at liberty to say on the forums.
Old 12-04-2007   #150
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think I am at liberty to say on the forums.
You may identify where else you post. We just don't want spamming solicitations to other MB's.
Old 12-04-2007   #151
Bulluck53
All Pro

You said it,

I spend most of my time at Gridironfans.com and NFL-Fanatix.com

If you wanted to run by those and check them out, know that Fanatix is not yet open to new members (and its actually down right now anyways)... thats a long story.
Old 12-04-2007   #152
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 209280 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

In ESPN's weekly team rankings, the comment on the Texans this week is:

Quote:
We hate to keep pointing out the improved play of Mario Williams, but his 2-1/2 sacks against the Titans gives him a team-record 8-1/2 this season. That's just a half-sack less than Michael Strahan and a half more than Jason Taylor.
And ESPN dropped our NFL ranking from 21 to 22 for the week.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #153
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario makes plays that piss you off, thats true. But then he makes plays that make you say wow. He ran down VY from behind. How many DE could do that? I dont think the list is too long.
Old 12-04-2007   #154
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
In ESPN's weekly team rankings, the comment on the Texans this week is:
Wow, I don't even know if that comment makes me really angry, or hysterical. Are they saying they don't like talking about Williams better play?

EDIT: Thanks for the links Bulluck. You're allright by me
Old 12-04-2007   #155
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 79824 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We hate to keep pointing out the improved play of Mario Williams, but his 2-1/2 sacks against the Titans gives him a team-record 8-1/2 this season. That's just a half-sack less than Michael Strahan and a half more than Jason Taylor.
I just noticed that too. Mario clearly is having the best season so far of the "big three".
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #156
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing that stood out to me last game was Vince just flopping on the ground once he saw Mario. I expected a pump fake, juke, something. I guess that can be interpreted as a level of respect, or fearing for his life.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #157
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1330 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
He is a Dolphins fan, so he is emabrassed by his team and his team's fans.
Old 12-05-2007   #158
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by run-david-run View Post
7 tackles and 2.5 sacks. Mario has 8.5 of our 20 sacks on the season, great for him, terrible for the rest of the team. Okoye has disapeared after a bright start, and I think we only have 1 sack from a defensive end other then Mario. Weaver is holding us back in the pass rush. Mario needs to stay at LDE permenantly and we need to add a speed rusher at RDE capable of getting pressure. TJ and Okoye could turn out to be a great DT combination, but the final piece needs to be added. The positive part of this equation is that you can find a Mark Anderson type DE in the second day of the draft.
I told you at the first of the season Okoye would hit the wall. All rookies do. He is a good player who also will only get better with every snap. He will eventully throw his leg over the wall and pull himself over. Just need a six pack of patientence.
Our speed rusher is Kalu.

They have six picks and just had the core of the o-line decimated by injury. Color me sceptical, three of the six picks this draft may be on o-lineman. One guy you haven't seen for two seasons. One guy has a leg shattered in three places... one guy an MCL....and you will still have a whole at center. They may hit a Rb and Corner. I see a speed rusher guy in '08 as an over the top luxuary they cannot afford at the expense of starting over with a new QB again. Not going to happen unless the can find a guy burried on someones practice squad.
Old 12-05-2007   #159
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3989 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
I told you at the first of the season Okoye would hit the wall. All rookies do. He is a good player who also will only get better with every snap. He will eventully throw his leg over the wall and pull himself over. Just need a six pack of patientence.
Our speed rusher is Kalu.

They have six picks and just had the core of the o-line decimated by injury. Color me sceptical, three of the six picks this draft may be on o-lineman. One guy you haven't seen for two seasons. One guy has a leg shattered in three places... one guy an MCL....and you will still have a whole at center. They may hit a Rb and Corner. I see a speed rusher guy in '08 as an over the top luxuary they cannot afford at the expense of starting over with a new QB again. Not going to happen unless the can find a guy burried on someones practice squad.
The Texans may address their need for a speedy edge-rushing DE in Free Agency depending on what will be available and how the decide to fill out their Salary Cap.

Personally, I would love to see the Texans try and fill some of the wholes on the Defensive side with Free Agents like CB Asante Samuel, and RDE Terrell Suggs. Then they can concentrate on the Offensive side of the ball in the draft, particularly O-Line.
Old 12-05-2007   #160
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleRedToro View Post
The Texans may address their need for a speedy edge-rushing DE in Free Agency depending on what will be available and how the decide to fill out their Salary Cap.

Personally, I would love to see the Texans try and fill some of the wholes on the Defensive side with Free Agents like CB Asante Samuel, and RDE Terrell Suggs. Then they can concentrate on the Offensive side of the ball in the draft, particularly O-Line.
No way they touch that cry baby. He isnt the kind of player we go after. He will make some good plays, then he will get you a yellow hanky and 15 yards the easy way. That is one of the most undiscaplined teams I have ever seen. Granted, he has scary good talent, but not so good hes worth 15 yrd penalties because he throws a hissy fit.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read