Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2007   #21
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 44942 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Not too early for offseason talk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
SO...

This season is pretty much over, so why not start the offseason talk?

First, we have to address our most pressing needs, which have become glaringly obvious as the team has improved dramatically in certain areas. QB, WR, and DL are no longer desperate needs (although there's always room for improvement). OL (as usual since Year 1) is still our weakest position, followed in my opinion by S, RB, and LB. So let's start there.
I would have to rank our needs as followed, RB, OL, OLB, CB, S.

We need a RB to be able to stay on the field to sustain drives. Another year of Ron Dayne as our leading rusher is going to kill me.

OL, Spencer comes back next year so lets hope he is healthy, we needs a C and another Guard.

OLB, our D will continue to suck with out a decent OLB, or draft a MLB and move Ryans over (He has got the speed and quickness and rushes the passes very well, above average.) With out a strong Line backing core we will continue to give up 3rd downs to our opponents and never get off the field.

Damarcus Faggins

Resign Will Demps and half of our Safety problem is over. He is playing with one arm and out played Glen Earl.

Those are my opinions.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #22
Dallas_Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 25 Dallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performerDallas_Texan is a Legendary performer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I'd like to keep the guys who are bolded but there isn't anyone on that list that isn't expendable.

Fred Weary is a keeper too if the broken leg isn't too bad. As with Spencer, I doubt he comes back to full strength if at all.
Kalu
Turk
Maddux
Clark
A Davis
Demps
Weary

We need to keep all of these guys. As good as Mathis is when healthy, he's gone at the end of the season. Clark may be too unless we get him cheap, b/c we have to be looking at drafting or signing a big name OLB this offseason.

Demps - We need the depth in our secondary. We have to.

Kalu - I see him as our best pass rusher on the left side. He is a good veteran leader. We have to keep him unless he gets greedy which I don't expect to happen

Turk - duh. Keep him

Andre Davis - The best thing for him is to leave. I LOVE the guy, he's really come through, but we can get by fine with AJ, Walter, and JJ. He needs some more playing time somewhere, and he's getting old, so he needs to get a lengthy contract somewhere while he's on a high note.

Maddux - Great guy, great player, and probably will be a great deal again. He should be a cheap keep.

Weary - As long as he heals, we need him badly for depth. Studdard and White still need some time to grow, and Pitts is getting old.

CC Brown, Dexter Wynn, Von Hutchins - Hopefully can be had cheap. Hutchins will be a good back up FS next year (assuming we draft or sign a CB opposite Bennet ((or God willing Dunta comes back full force)). CC Brown, SS depth. Wynn KR Depth. But all are expendable.
Dallas_Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #23
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 101 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas_Texan View Post
Kalu
Turk
Maddux
Clark
A Davis
Demps
Weary

We need to keep all of these guys. As good as Mathis is when healthy, he's gone at the end of the season. Clark may be too unless we get him cheap, b/c we have to be looking at drafting or signing a big name OLB this offseason.

Demps - We need the depth in our secondary. We have to.

Kalu - I see him as our best pass rusher on the left side. He is a good veteran leader. We have to keep him unless he gets greedy which I don't expect to happen

Turk - duh. Keep him

Andre Davis - The best thing for him is to leave. I LOVE the guy, he's really come through, but we can get by fine with AJ, Walter, and JJ. He needs some more playing time somewhere, and he's getting old, so he needs to get a lengthy contract somewhere while he's on a high note.

Maddux - Great guy, great player, and probably will be a great deal again. He should be a cheap keep.

Weary - As long as he heals, we need him badly for depth. Studdard and White still need some time to grow, and Pitts is getting old.

CC Brown, Dexter Wynn, Von Hutchins - Hopefully can be had cheap. Hutchins will be a good back up FS next year (assuming we draft or sign a CB opposite Bennet ((or God willing Dunta comes back full force)). CC Brown, SS depth. Wynn KR Depth. But all are expendable.
i agree with you on everything except for the Andre Davis part. We have to keep him, he extends the field. let's be selfish for once. we need to give jacoby another year or two before we can have expectations of him. I think we have to find a replacement for CC Brown.
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007   #24
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I'd like to keep the guys who are bolded but there isn't anyone on that list that isn't expendable.

Fred Weary is a keeper too if the broken leg isn't too bad. As with Spencer, I doubt he comes back to full strength if at all.
I hate to say this, but today on 610 AM radio during the Salaam segment, he said that Weary's leg is broken in like 3 places and he had to have rods and pins inserted in his leg during surgery today. Salaam also said it could be career threatening. Not very good news. Lets just hope he makes a full recovery.
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read