Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-04-2007   #121
austintexanite
All Pro

Default Re: Mario Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
As an aside, the NFL Defensive players of the week nominees are up, and Jovian Haye (J. Haye 2-0 1.0 0 1) got nominated over Williams (M. Williams 3-4 2.5 0 0). What do you guys think?
Honestly, I'm not surprised but extremely disappointed. Looks like he'll have to score another TD to get some recognition.
Old 12-04-2007   #122
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

Mario didn't get nominated because his team didn't win their football game.
Old 12-04-2007   #123
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
Mario didn't get nominated because his team didn't win their football game.
Is that really a criteria for nomination?
Old 12-04-2007   #124
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Is that really a criteria for nomination?
It looks like it considering this week all the nominees played for the winning team and when Mario won in week 1 we won...
Old 12-04-2007   #125
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 90089 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I can't seem to find a list of all the nominee's for the year so far. I really wanted to just shoot you down with that criteria, but you could be right.

Even so, that still seems kind of silly as I've seen a player have a great defensive game and the rest of the team just craps the bed and he gets overlooked.
Old 12-04-2007   #126
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

If anyone gets nominated off of a loss they'd have to have a monster game like Umenyiora against the Eagles (Giants won though!!!). But if a player has 6 sacks or 3 INTs or whatever normally their team will win lol.
Old 12-04-2007   #127
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ha, this might rile yall up tonight.

On his radio show, Fish just made reference to Mario's sack of Vince where VY fell to avoid the big hit. He mentioned the Favre-Strahan deal a few years aog.

Discuss
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #128
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post

On his radio show, Fish just made reference to Mario's sack of Vince where VY fell to avoid the big hit. He mentioned the Favre-Strahan deal a few years aog.

Discuss
Seems like something Titans fans would get more riled about than Texans fans. Your player was scared of taking a hit by our player, so he gave up and fell down.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #129
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Discuss
Who cares?

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #130
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1628 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Haha if you would like to look at it that way... I was extremely happy he did that instead of try and throw it 'away' (because we all know Vince's 'away' is to the other team)

I just wanted to say it. I know some people had mentioned it over here and wanted to see your response. If this had been the Jags board they would have erupted.
Old 12-04-2007   #131
Fox
All Pro

Rep Power: 414 Fox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respectedFox is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Haha if you would like to look at it that way... I was extremely happy he did that instead of try and throw it 'away' (because we all know Vince's 'away' is to the other team)

I just wanted to say it. I know some people had mentioned it over here and wanted to see your response. If this had been the Jags board they would have erupted.
We had a quarterback who trademarked that maneuver, the fans of the opposing team never seemed to mind.
Old 12-04-2007   #132
Bulluck53
All Pro

The fall over maneuver? I mentioned it because he wasn't giving Mario credit for it, I just figured since both of our fanbases are so defensive of our picks last year it would be a fun conversation. I appologize.
Old 12-04-2007   #133
Fox
All Pro

Quote:
The fall over maneuver? I mentioned it because he wasn't giving Mario credit for it, I just figured since both of our fanbases are so defensive of our picks last year it would be a fun conversation. I appologize.
lol not trying to chastise you, just giving my opinion, no worries. Young hardly ever gives opposing teams an easy sack, he usually stands up with 3-4 guys on him and still tries to throw it. I still gave Mario some dap for the play because I think Young may have decided to pull a Carr when he saw who it was who was about to hit him.
Old 12-04-2007   #134
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
From what I saw, Young had play action. It was a key point in the game, a mistake costs his team dearly. He turns to start to rollout but Mario is ready to either knock down his pass or chase him. It just looked like he didn't want to risk a bad play. Maybe he slipped, but I thought it was a smart play for him. Mario would probably have run him down and when your running away from a defender and getting tackled there is a higher probability to fumble and/or get injured.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #135
Bulluck53
All Pro

Boo to all of you. You're supposed to be angry and in turn entertain me
Old 12-04-2007   #136
bigfan77801
Plebian

Rep Power: 376 bigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigfan77801 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why be mad, Vince just gave up and did a Mr. Mittens
Old 12-04-2007   #137
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Entertain you, annoy us. Continue to not annoy. That's smarter.
TexansSeminole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #138
Bulluck53
All Pro

Ha then whats the point of being here?
Old 12-04-2007   #139
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Why? You entertain me every time you mention that Vince Young is a Titan. I smile inside, thank God, then laugh a little.

What a joke.
Old 12-04-2007   #140
Bulluck53
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
Why? You entertain me every time you mention that Vince Young is a Titan. I smile inside, thank God, then laugh a little.

What a joke.

Not a joke, he's THA FUTUA!!!!!... or so they say. We can both be happy we don't have Reggie.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read