Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-19-2007   #1
euro-Texan
All Pro

Rep Power: 1541 euro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedeuro-Texan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Is Jacoby Jones still hurt?

I know that a seperated shoulder is something that takes time to heal. Is he 100% or do you think that the injury has him shell shocked? He has lost that dynamic look he had with the ball on punt returns. As far as receiving goes, I don't think he can compete anymore with the Andres and Walter.
Old 11-19-2007   #2
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 127 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Jacoby Jones still hurt?

I sure hope that is the problem cause he sure does not run with the same reckless abandon. Maybe he should put all his antics of trying to hype the crowd away until he gets back up to full speed. There is nothing that gets special teams more fired up than trying to stop a show boat!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #3
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Is Jacoby Jones still hurt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by euro-Texan View Post
I know that a seperated shoulder is something that takes time to heal. Is he 100% or do you think that the injury has him shell shocked? He has lost that dynamic look he had with the ball on punt returns. As far as receiving goes, I don't think he can compete anymore with the Andres and Walter.
He was shell shocked (I think maybe even self admitted), but I think (IMO) he looked better yesterday, like he was no longer "scared" (I HATE to use that term, but you know what I mean).
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.

Last edited by Yankee_In_TX; 11-19-2007 at 10:04 AM.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #4
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 63790 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think he's still hurt, but you can clearly see by the way he's running punts back that it's in his head. I just think he needs to break another long one running the way he used to & he'll be ok.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i don't know his injury status, but i do know that he's taken to calling our starting QB 'Schauby,' as evidenced by this quote from his postgame comments:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacoby Jones
(on if it feels good have be at .500) “Of course. We got Andre (Johnson) back and Schauby (Matt Schaub) came back, they played well. Special teams played well. Defense held up. We just had a great game today.”
Old 11-19-2007   #6
Goldensilence
Is this Sparta?

Rep Power: 9088 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

I think another part is with his success in PR teams are going to key on him in special teams. I still think he's a bit raw in terms of football talent and we needto remember while he has shown flashes he's still a rookie from a small school adjusting to a much bigger stage. The re-emergence of Andre Davis as a 3rd receiver has been a pleasant suprise. I'm actually really happy for the guy.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldensilence View Post
I think another part is with his success in PR teams are going to key on him in special teams. I still think he's a bit raw in terms of football talent and we needto remember while he has shown flashes he's still a rookie from a small school adjusting to a much bigger stage. The re-emergence of Andre Davis as a 3rd receiver has been a pleasant suprise. I'm actually really happy for the guy.
Agreed: I think we hit a home run in the third. I beleive he will be given the chance to battle for the number 2 job next off season. But I also believe he is sill a very raw tallent who must be nurtured and put in the best possible position to succeed. He's still a rookie. Hurt or not ? I dunno. Will say they spend some draft ammo finding a couple of wild men to match up against the other teams gunners, won't hear me squawk. All the kid needs is a step to see what is in front of him.
Old 11-19-2007   #8
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4547 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Thats the best part about Davis and Walter coming around, JJ can take his time and get it all down before being a number 2. He looked close yesterday on a punt return to get a huge gain, but a Saint made a great shoe string tackle. Give him time and lets see.
Old 12-03-2007   #9
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

Jones needs to get that pre season swagger back!
Old 12-03-2007   #10
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

If Jacoby is hurt, I hope it's because someone smacked him in the head for not calling for a fair catch on that punt.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #11
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56209 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
If Jacoby is hurt, I hope it's because someone smacked him in the head for not calling for a fair catch on that punt.
And dropping a critical 3rd down pass on the very next drive.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #12
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice return stats post-injury....wait
Old 12-03-2007   #13
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209608 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ hears the footsteps of the punter!! Watch out! Big, bad punterboy is coming!
Old 12-03-2007   #14
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 75757 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
JJ hears the footsteps of the punter!! Watch out! Big, bad punterboy is coming!
Yeah, kickers/punters are not only badasses on the field, they're also chick magnets.

Old 12-03-2007   #15
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1858 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Dude should be embarrassed.
Old 12-03-2007   #16
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4378 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

In a game where only 1 or 2 plays different could've won us the game Jacoby failed miserably. I'm very disappointed in his performance post injury. I had high hopes for him before his injury, nothing crazy like a pro bowl or anything but I thought his PR and WR skills would play a factor in us winning games not us losing games.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read