Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-03-2007   #21
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 20123 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Buccaneers

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
The Broncos? Kubiak's ex-team? There isn't a doubt in my mind that Shanahan will have his way with his ex-OC. Hell, we run a very similar system...just not as well. The Bronco's are better than their record. I would almost say that we are worse. We're 4-8 right now if it hadn't been for Kris Brown heroics against the Dolphins. A Dolphins team who had to thrust in Cleo Lemon as a result of an injury.

As for Jacksonville, they are just a better team than we are. There is no reason to expect different results this next time around. Especially given allof the injuries we have accumulated since that game.
The Broncos' first 3 wins were on last second FGs. A win is a win regardless of how many points it is by.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #22
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey Bucs fans, I posted this in another thread (unrelated), but it should tell you all you need to know about the Texans:

Quote:
LB Jon Abbate IR
DB Roc Alexander IR
LB Shawn Barber IR
T Kevin Barry IR
SS Glenn Earl IR
DB Brandon Harrison IR
DB Jason Horton IR
C Scott Jackson IR
DT Cedric Killings IR
WR Jerome Mathis IR
C Steve McKinney IR
CB Dunta Robinson IR
DB Jason Simmons IR
RB Chris Taylor IR

Add #15 and #16 to the IR - Weary and White

RB Ahman Green Knee OUT - (probably should be put on IR)
T Charles Spencer PUP - (probably should be put on IR)
QB Matt Schaub OUT indefinitely
(Thats, #17, #18 and possibly #19)

I'd say we are on pace to surpass last years IR list. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we wound up with 17 last year...

Maybe we should take a look at our strenght and conditioning coach
Old 12-03-2007   #23
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

What is the record for most players on IR in NFL history? We may just have it after this season.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #24
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Buccaneers @ Texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkbuc4d1 View Post
You guys will be playing our 2nd and 3rd stringers as well. I know the Texans have more IR players, but the Bucs are really close behind. After today you guys have 16, right? Well we have 12, but I think our overall depth coming into the season was probably better than the Texans.
That my friend, is an understatement! We don't have much depth at all right now, thanks to Casserly and all those injuries. It's probably going to be at least another year or two before we field a winning team that has quality depth. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #25
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
That my friend, is an understatement! We don't have much depth at all right now, thanks to Casserly and all those injuries. It's probably going to be at least another year or two before we field a winning team that has quality depth. JMHO!
I perfectly understand. What people don't understand about losing teams is that they have to invest so much in top15 draft picks that it hurts a franchise's ability to build quality depth. There's less money for meaningful free agents and by the time your draft picks come into their own, it's time to resign them to even larger contracts.

Something the Bucs did that I liked was, they kept most of their late round draft picks and practice squad players over the past few years and got rid of huge contracts. They then invested in a few quality veterans at cheap prices. So they now have a nice young team that understands the offensive and defensive systems with a few veterans included. They are now built for success over the next 3-4 years.
crunkbuc4d1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #26
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

the Bucs are my pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this year. they've completed dominated teams in time of possession the last month or so, because the offense is a machine and the defense is putting tons of pressure on everyone. they're not scoring as much as they should, but they'll get better and better as the season moves along. it's amazing to see how well this team looks with as many injuries as they have.

we're seeing Gruden's offense for the first time since his days in Oakland. he's had to hold it back since then because of the awful o-line play the team has had for 5 years. now, it's game on. the o-line is one of the best in the entire league right now. and they're real young, too. it's scary to think the potential they have with everyone healthy.

Tanard Jackson is the easy defensive ROTY for me. Gaines Adams went from looking completely lost for the first quarter of the season to really stepping up and dominating in the run game and getting better each week in the passing game. Barrett Ruud is a pro bowler. the entire secondary is as good as any in the league.

Jeff Garcia is an MVP candidate, but even with him out the Bucs machine worked efficiently against the Saints. i imagine it would've been a much bigger victory had Garcia played.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #27
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
the Bucs are my pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this year. they've completed dominated teams in time of possession the last month or so, because the offense is a machine and the defense is putting tons of pressure on everyone. they're not scoring as much as they should, but they'll get better and better as the season moves along. it's amazing to see how well this team looks with as many injuries as they have.

we're seeing Gruden's offense for the first time since his days in Oakland. he's had to hold it back since then because of the awful o-line play the team has had for 5 years. now, it's game on. the o-line is one of the best in the entire league right now. and they're real young, too. it's scary to think the potential they have with everyone healthy.

Tanard Jackson is the easy defensive ROTY for me. Gaines Adams went from looking completely lost for the first quarter of the season to really stepping up and dominating in the run game and getting better each week in the passing game. Barrett Ruud is a pro bowler. the entire secondary is as good as any in the league.

Jeff Garcia is an MVP candidate, but even with him out the Bucs machine worked efficiently against the Saints. i imagine it would've been a much bigger victory had Garcia played.
I don't know about all of that. Those are some high expectations.
Old 12-04-2007   #28
spent
Buccaneer Freak

Send a message via AIM to spent Send a message via Yahoo to spent

hey everyone...I am also a buccaneer from thecaptainsdeck.net...just wanted to say hi.
spent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #29
austintexanite
All Pro

nevermind
Old 12-04-2007   #30
Lucky

Rep Power: 181825 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
the Bucs are my pick to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl this year. they've completed dominated teams in time of possession the last month or so...
Yeah, but who have they played in the past month or so? The Bucs can't keep the Cowboys from scoring or score on them. They'll be a deserved double digit underdog against Dallas in the playoffs.

And while I expect the Bucs to win on Sunday, it should be a close, low scoring game. The Texans are 5-3 outside the division, and +5 in point differential at home. No cakewalk here for Tampa.
Old 12-04-2007   #31
spent
Buccaneer Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Yeah, but who have they played in the past month or so? The Bucs can't keep the Cowboys from scoring or score on them. They'll be a deserved double digit underdog against Dallas in the playoffs.

And while I expect the Bucs to win on Sunday, it should be a close, low scoring game. The Texans are 5-3 outside the division, and +5 in point differential at home. No cakewalk here for Tampa.
as we approached the final leg of our season and staying atop our division, we were most concerned with yall and the Saints......never underestimated the Texans.....
Old 12-04-2007   #32
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

I agree...We never looked beyond the Texans, because Andre Johnson makes this team work. When you have a player that has that much of an impact on your team, you can compete with any team.
Old 12-04-2007   #33
austintexanite
All Pro

Is McCown starting after all?
Old 12-04-2007   #34
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
I don't know, but I hope he will. Garcia needs to be healthy for the playoffs and McCown isn't that bad. With 4 games left against losing teams that we match up well against, why not put the ball in McCown's hands.
Old 12-04-2007   #35
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

It'll be a close game until the 3rd Qtr., which TB will win 17-0. We haven't even scored a field goal in the third Qtr. in like 7 wks. or something.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #36
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

The activation process is pretty long here, and there are some Bucs fans that really want to talk to yall. Come on over to the deck. You'll been posting within 5 minutes.

http://thecaptainsdeck.net
Old 12-04-2007   #37
spent
Buccaneer Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
not sure....reports are that Garcia is taking snaps today, I want Garcai activated but really just to be there in case Luke gets in trouble.....
Old 12-04-2007   #38
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 139196 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunkbuc4d1 View Post
The activation process is pretty long here, and there are some Bucs fans that really want to talk to yall. Come on over to the deck. You'll been posting within 5 minutes.

http://thecaptainsdeck.net
Can't speak for here (because I registered so long ago), but I will admit, I got activated pretty quick over on your board.

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 12-06-2007 at 05:21 PM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007   #39
spent
Buccaneer Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Can't speak for hear (because I registered so long ago), but I will admit, I got activated pretty quick over on your board.

we try!

thanks for joining btw!
Old 12-04-2007   #40
crunkbuc4d1
Rookie

Thanks to those who have and are going to join. We have members that are registering over here and should be with us as soon as their accounts are activated.

It's always fun to get two boards discussing their upcoming matchup. It gives both sets of fans an outside perspective of their team.

Last edited by crunkbuc4d1; 12-04-2007 at 03:31 PM.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read