Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 02-01-2005   #21
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected
Default NFL Europe not a waste

Seems that 15 players who will suit up on Sunday are Europe vets.

Quote:
15 NFL Europe League veterans in Super Bowl XXXIX

Philadelphia Eagles (7)
LB Keith Adams Berlin 2002
K David Akers Berlin 1999
T Ian Allen Scotland 2002
P Dirk Johnson Rhein 2002
RB Eric McCoo Berlin 2004
FB Josh Parry Frankfurt 2002
LB Nate Wayne Barcelona 1999

New England Patriots (8)
G Joe Andruzzi Scotland 1998
QB Rohan Davey Berlin 2004
QB Jim Miller Frankfurt 1995
CB Earthwind Moreland Rhein 2002 & 2004
T Lance Nimmo Cologne 2004
DT Buck Rasmussen Frankfurt / Amsterdam 2004
DT Keith Traylor Barcelona 1995
K Adam Vinatieri Amsterdam 1996
3 starters & both kickers. Should give Mr. Ragone a little hope. Read somewhere that the NFL Europe allocation draft is set for 2/11. Wonder if Dave will be the #1 pick?
Old 02-01-2005   #22
2-DUNTA-3
Rookie

hey txnpride...sorry to burst your bubble but the barcelona dragons are no longer part of NFLEurope. the players will go to a training camp down in tampa bay and then will be dispursed between the teams.
Old 02-01-2005   #23
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Trent Green I believe started with the Redskins . He then was traded to the Rams then to the Chiefs. Every team at one time or another is looking for a QB. Thats why Brad Johnson who was Casey Weldons back up at FSU can play with so many teams.
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #24
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Brett Farve was a young back-up QB when he was traded to the Pack.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #25
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Txnpride
BARCELONA not Barelona....even though I have visited a couple of nude beaches there
After a little research,it seems the Barcelona Dragons are now the Hamburg Sea Devils....WOW....I feel as if my Oilers were shipped off all over again LOL I think I am going to be sick
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #26
Txnpride
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2-DUNTA-3
hey txnpride...sorry to burst your bubble but the barcelona dragons are no longer part of NFLEurope. the players will go to a training camp down in tampa bay and then will be dispursed between the teams.
Thanks for the heads up.I didnt realize that the Dragons were no more until I tried looking for some caps this morning
Txnpride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #27
Crazygomer
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FILO_girl
We also have the new Preston dude too (can't remember his last name) we just picked up for a QB position too.
Preston Parsons is not really a rookie. He played for the Arizona Cardinals for about 3 years, but I don't think he ever got any playing time except for preseason. He was cut in 03 or 04, but I think he looks like a solid QB and could replace B.J. Symons if given a chance.
Crazygomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Was'nt Glanville who traded Favre ?
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #29
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

ya i watched NFL europe last season when it came on the NFL network, and i dont know why but its not very fun to watch for me, plus there dont look to be to many fans over there !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2005   #30
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Great to see Antonio Rodrigez going. I sure hope they are trying to make him fit and not using him for spanish day.
Old 02-01-2005   #31
D-ReK
RAWWWRR!

Rep Power: 685 D-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respectedD-ReK is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
ya i watched NFL europe last season when it came on the NFL network, and i dont know why but its not very fun to watch for me, plus there dont look to be to many fans over there !
I feel the same...Mainly because there wasn't much of a reason to watch...Now, since Ragone is going, I'm gonna watch to see how he fares...If he doesn't light the league up, then we may be looking for a new back-up QB...
Old 02-02-2005   #32
TexasAggie
Rookie

Thumbs up Eli Ward - S 5'10" 205

An Unquestioned Defensive Leader: Senior Safety Eli Ward

October 16, 2003 - Eli Ward is a captain and member of Minnesota’s dominating and constantly improving defense. With the guidance of two of the greatest defensive backs in school history and a desire to improve, Ward has become one of the nation’s finest safeties.

He had a break-through season in 2002 after suffering a season-ending knee injury against Michigan during his sophomore season. Ward battled back and knew not to take his opportunity to play for the Maroon and Gold for granted. He reflected on his football career as a Golden Gopher, expressing gratitude and respect for his teammates and coaching staff. Ward is the type of student-athlete that will finish his career at Minnesota as someone who has learned and grown from his experiences on and off the football field.
TexasAggie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read