Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2007   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Weary and White out for the season

Rich Lord just reported it on 610 am.

Kubiak said "Schaub might play again this year" But he will be out for a few weeks.

They should just IR him.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #2
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default Re: Weary and White out for the season

I agree. Seeing as how we wont be able to adequately replace him anytime soon (probably not for another few years), I think we'll need to IR him so that he is at full strength for next season. Schaub probably isn't the future of this team, but he is the answer at the moment and we shouldn't play him until he's 100%. The season's in your hands, Sage.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #3
BSofA04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 304 BSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respectedBSofA04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Old 12-02-2007   #4
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 81572 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Wow, really? 2 guards gone for a season in one game? Amazing.

We pretty much lose a player for a season in every game we play. Incredible.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #5
austintexanite
All Pro

If he's healthy enough to play, then he should play. Needs more experience and feel for the game.
Old 12-02-2007   #6
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33836 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary

[quote=Marcus;794629]Rich Lord just reported it on 610 am.

Kubiak said "Schaub might play again this year" But he will be out for a few weeks.

It really doesn't matter anymore we're out of it now maybe next year though.
Old 12-02-2007   #7
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Why we can't even catch a break even on the injury front just gets me more frustrated.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2007   #8
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 51708 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Make that 4-time Injury Bowl Champions...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #9
SA Texan
Veteran

That's tough, and losing two guys from positions the team can least afford to is just pretty much par for the course.
When Shaubb is healthy though, he needs to get back in there. There is no sense in shutting him down for the year if he is healthy enough to return. You still play to win and go with the guy that gives you the best chance to.
SA Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #10
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, now we may see if Jordan Black really can play multiple positions on the line or if he was a complete waste of money.
Old 12-02-2007   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Well, now we may see if Jordan Black really can play multiple positions on the line or if he was a complete waste of money.
They didn't call him 'I-69' in Kansas City for nothing.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #12
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Wow, really? 2 guards gone for a season in one game? Amazing.

We pretty much lose a player for a season in every game we play. Incredible.
Actually it's 1 Guard and 1 Center. White was our backup Center for Flanagan. Which means we are in real trouble if "Ole Man" Flanagan goes down! I know White could be used as a Guard, but why risk playing him at guard when Studdard was available and White is your only backup Center? That's what puzzles me. Was Studdard still not 100%, or do they think he is not quite ready to play alot of minutes? Guess we'll find out more this week. It should be interesting who they bring up or who they get "off the street" to fill these holes. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #13
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Actually it's 1 Guard and 1 Center. White was our backup Center for Flanagan. Which means we are in real trouble if "Ole Man" Flanagan goes down! I know White could be used as a Guard, but why risk playing him at guard when Studdard was available and White is your only backup Center? That's what puzzles me. Was Studdard still not 100%, or do they think he is not quite ready to play alot of minutes? Guess we'll find out more this week. It should be interesting who they bring up or who they get "off the street" to fill these holes. JMHO!
Agreed. With our luck, Flanagan will be down the next game which will leave us with no one who naturally plays center.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Weary and White out for the season

I'd like to see, maybe defining injury as holding a player out of 2 or more consectutive games, where we rank compared to otgher teams this year.

Also w/ starters on IR.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #15
bigbrewster2000
4th Infantry

Rep Power: 4856 bigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respectedbigbrewster2000 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post
I'd like to see, maybe defining injury as holding a player out of 2 or more consectutive games, where we rank compared to otgher teams this year.

Also w/ starters on IR.
We have had more injuries than any other team, well at least as IR is concerned.
bigbrewster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #16
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19314 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
Actually it's 1 Guard and 1 Center. White was our backup Center for Flanagan. Which means we are in real trouble if "Ole Man" Flanagan goes down!
I never thought I'd be finding myself thinking "I'm glad we have Flanagan playing C for us."

Quote:
I know White could be used as a Guard, but why risk playing him at guard when Studdard was available and White is your only backup Center? That's what puzzles me. Was Studdard still not 100%, or do they think he is not quite ready to play alot of minutes?
In the little bit I saw of Studdard at the end of the game, I can see exactly why they didn't want him playing. I'll give him a break since he's a rookie, but he seemed to play so poorly, I expect they wanted to keep Studdard out. I'm almost surprised Jordan Black (was he active?) wasn't inserted in there instead.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #17
Lucky

Rep Power: 120321 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by keyser View Post
...Jordan Black (was he active?)
No. Black & Brandon Frye were on the inactive list.

Am I the only one who thinks the inactive list is stupid? Teams are paying these guys a game check. Why not let them earn it? I don't get it.
Old 12-03-2007   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I never thought I'd be finding myself thinking "I'm glad we have Flanagan playing C for us."

Me niether, and still don't. lol

In the little bit I saw of Studdard at the end of the game, I can see exactly why they didn't want him playing. I'll give him a break since he's a rookie, but he seemed to play so poorly, I expect they wanted to keep Studdard out. I'm almost surprised Jordan Black (was he active?) wasn't inserted in there instead.
I think Studdard was decent. I think he still needs adjusting for the speed, but he be fine. The one play that I saw where his man knocked the ball from Sage's hand was a bad play, but Flabbygan didn't help him much either.
Old 12-03-2007   #19
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well he better step up his game then, because he is probably going to get alot more playing time from here on out.

I'm thinking Mr. Smith is on the phones right now looking for more Guard and Center help. Lord help us if Flanagan goes down!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #20
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 102753 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

LB Jon Abbate IR
DB Roc Alexander IR
LB Shawn Barber IR
T Kevin Barry IR
SS Glenn Earl IR
DB Brandon Harrison IR
DB Jason Horton IR
C Scott Jackson IR
DT Cedric Killings IR
WR Jerome Mathis IR
G Steve McKinney IR
CB Dunta Robinson IR
DB Jason Simmons IR
RB Chris Taylor IR

Add #15 and #16 to the IR - Weary and White

RB Ahman Green Knee OUT - (probably should be put on IR)
T Charles Spencer PUP - (probably should be put on IR)
QB Matt Schaub OUT indefinitely
(Thats, #17, #18 and #19)

I'd say we are on pace to surpass last years IR list. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we wound up with 17 last year...

Maybe we should take a look at our strenght and conditioning coach

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read