Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-13-2007   #61
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: '08 Potential RB Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
This is exactly what I thought. And Samuel has said he would sign for $40 million over four years.
Samuel said he would sign that last year for the Patriots. That doesn't mean he will do it once he hits the open market.

Quote:
I do unserstand we could draft a CB in first, but why not use that pick for another position and get a FA to fill a hole. Someone maybe you caid Samuel could only be a cover 2 CB and might not be as good in our system. I just disagree.
Rick Smith will undoubtedly try to fill one to three obvious needs through free agency. We'll just have to wait and see which ones he can get filled.

Quote:
ALso, would not players on team such as Ahman Green be willing to re-do contract to free up cash?
Generally when contracts get done they get lengthened--not sure that is a viable option with Green.
Old 12-03-2007   #62
Hook'er
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 Hook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden coverHook'er could be on the next Madden cover

I hope Green is released after this season!
Old 12-03-2007   #63
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81206 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

So if the Texans choke in the last games and the 9ers go on a winning streak, do we have a shot at McFadden?

If so, if we don't take him, maybe we can get Jerry Jones on the phone
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #64
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I would like to see Julius Jones come to town. In my personal opinion, I would much rather invest in a FA RB than spend a draft pick gambling. Yes, our last free agency RB (Green) didn't play out so well, but just about anyone could have seen that coming. Jones has been doing well for the majority of his career and doesn't have a reputation for being injury prone. I think he would be a fine addition to any team, especially ours. I find Derrick Ward interesting as well, but I would still prefer Jones.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read