Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2007   #1
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70026 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Amobi and Jacoby have hit that rookie wall

In case your wondering why Akoye has pulled a disappearing act, and why JJ is not playing well . . . read this article. It's a very good read.

Watch Out For That Wall, Rookies

Quote:
Before the Texans dispersed for their bye two weeks ago, defensive tackle Amobi Okoye told the local media he was tired and was looking forward to going home to Huntsville, Ala., to rest.

"I've been waiting for this for the past two weeks," he said. "They brag about me being 20 years old and being in the NFL, but right now I tell you what -- I don't feel like I'm 20 at all. I feel like probably 35."
Quote:
So is the wall reality or myth?

"It's there," says Texans wide receiver/returner Jacoby Jones, a third-round pick from Lane College. "You don't think you hit it, but you hit it."

Jones hit it in Week 7. He realized he wasn't moving like himself in practice or in the Texans' October 21 game against Tennessee. He was hesitant running routes and returning kicks. It didn't help that he was recovering from a dislocated shoulder that knocked him out for two games and most of a third.

"I need to get back to being the Lane College Jacoby," he told teammates. "I was thinking a lot when I hit that wall. But now I'm just playing."
Yeah, we could all tell your head was somewhere else when you muffed that punt, Jacoby. Get some more sleep.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #2
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Amobi and Jacoby have hit that rookie wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
In case your wondering why Akoye has pulled a disappearing act, and why JJ is not playing well . . . read this article. It's a very good read.

Watch Out For That Wall, Rookies

Yeah, we could all tell your head was somewhere else when you muffed that punt, Jacoby. Get some more sleep.

Funny AD doesnt look he he has hit a wall.

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
Funny AD doesnt look he he has hit a wall.
AD did hit the wall, the difference is the wall went home crying.
Old 12-03-2007   #4
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought AD was like a 4th year player we got from some other team? He's a rookie too?

Thought I heard he got traded (or cut) because he had stone hands, not that he has with us.

I knew like a month ago that Okoye was getting tired. First 3 games or so, he was our best QB rusher.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007   #5
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5496 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

They are adjusting. JJ played in small time games, and Amobi is very young. They should be fine. Jones was doing very well befor the injury. He just needs to get that confidence up. Amobi made a very good play today where he got very good penatration befor being hog tied by Maewai(sp) on the TD. Same block that Boulware got flagged for.
Old 12-03-2007   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68813 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

They will both be fine in the long run, yeah, and JJ might actually have had more trouble with the shoulder than weariness (I'm not sure). I know when I see a guy get hit, I sort of measure the perceived pain partly by the build of the guy getting hit and how they land. JJ got crushed into the ground pretty hard, even if it was just a punter who did it. He was running full speed and doing a little bit of a balancing act on the sideline before getting shoved hard. Shoulder meet ground. Reminds me of the idea of running full speed into a brick wall without bracing or anything. I don't wanna do it.

On Okoye, though, I think it has rookie wall written all over it. He showed he had a lot to learn about run-stopping in the NFL those first few games, but he was getting in the backfield on deep drops and getting after the QB. He hasn't been doing that much for a while now. I think the guy's just worn out--'course all the players are worn some, but he's not used to it. Next year will be better.

Old 12-03-2007   #7
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 103457 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

JJ hit the wall in Pre-Season/very early in the season. The guy has talent, it has not translated to production in the regular season.

Hopefully they both make strides on the strech run and set themselves for next year with a solid offseason program.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-03-2007   #8
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 12627 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
I thought AD was like a 4th year player we got from some other team? He's a rookie too?

Thought I heard he got traded (or cut) because he had stone hands, not that he has with us.

I knew like a month ago that Okoye was getting tired. First 3 games or so, he was our best QB rusher.
AD = Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Old 12-03-2007   #9
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon420tx View Post
AD = Adrian "All Day" Peterson
Oh, heck. I hate that acronym. The man's name is Adrian Peterson. I will forever call him that or AP. I don't care if he likes that nickname or not, and if he rushes for 3000 yds. a season, I will not call a man with AP as his initials AD, and I will certainly not call him "All-Day." Sounds like some sexual reference by women anyway.

Old 12-03-2007   #10
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Oh, heck. I hate that acronym. The man's name is Adrian Peterson. I will forever call him that or AP. I don't care if he likes that nickname or not, and if he rushes for 3000 yds. a season, I will not call a man with AP as his initials AD, and I will certainly not call him "All-Day." Sounds like some sexual reference by women anyway.
I agree with you, I only used it in that post because the guy I was replying to referred to it. It took me about 3 weeks to figure who "AD" was in March.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read