Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-02-2007   #1
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 101 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I'm tired of being Denver South!

If I am not mistaken, the last time the Broncos had any real sucess was 1999. I understand that we got a coach from their system and it WAS a good model a decade ago when they had an awesome QB. What is so great about the Denver system that we have to do EVERYTHING that they would do here.

We are a team in our 6th year. Hell, we weren't even a sparkle in McNair's eyes when they last won a Super Bowl. Bottom line is that we have to form our own identity and do it fast. We are not the Broncos, nor she we want to be them. They are 5-7 just like us, maybe Kubes is happy about that.

I just hope that with the OC position open again that we bring in someone innovative that can give this team their own identity and leave a mark on the league. I am tired of being little Denver, they suck. Let's have some pride and do our own thing.
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #2
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: I'm tired of being Denver South!

Honestly... I dont think we look all that much like Denver out there.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont care who you are or what you look like, with as many injuries as we have had... you are not going to win alot of games in the NFL. PERIOD.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #4
Ckw

I'm not sure what I think about it yet, but so far it hasn't worked. I definitely agree that Denver hasn't exactly been a force as of late so I'm not sure how great the model still is. I'm ready for Kubiak to find his identity and become his own coach. Quit trying to be somebody else or model somebody else. If you can't, then maybe you gotta stick to coordinator.
Old 12-02-2007   #5
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

We should be as lucky to have what Denver does, which is stability at key positions and the ability to stay healthy. Unfortunately, the only thing that Kubiak brought from Denver was the stubborn offensive philosophy.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #6
fikster
All Pro

Rep Power: 101 fikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respectedfikster is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Honestly... I dont think we look all that much like Denver out there.
tell that to Jeff Fisher who said that they felt like we had played them twice already this year since we had already played us and Denver once. They said they were pretty confident in the game plan that teh Broncans were going to have.

so freaking predictable. The mentality that you don't draft RB's in the first round is stupid for us. We don't have a running back to build around period. A bunch of 30 somethings. c'mon.
fikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #7
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Yah we need a running back...almost as bad as we need offensive line.

I have no problems with our drafts in the first round.
Sponsored links
Old 12-02-2007   #8
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100543 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
We should be as lucky to have what Denver does, which is stability at key positions and the ability to stay healthy. Unfortunately, the only thing that Kubiak brought from Denver was the stubborn offensive philosophy.
well on the bright side, we (denver and us) have the same record 5-7 and we have a bunch of injuries in key areas so if and that is a big IF we can get healthy and stay healthy, it could be good times
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #9
Grid
Hall of Fame

I also dont understand why anyone would complain about our offense. Most every problem we have on offense can be linked to a poor offensive line and mediocre running game.

Other than that, our offense has been great.. and it has DEFINATLY been better than anything we have seen from the Texans in years past.
Old 12-02-2007   #10
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 77992 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by fikster View Post
They are 5-7 just like us, maybe Kubes is happy about that.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #11
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, the last time the Broncos had any real sucess was 1999. I understand that we got a coach from their system and it WAS a good model a decade ago when they had an awesome QB. What is so great about the Denver system that we have to do EVERYTHING that they would do here.

We are a team in our 6th year. Hell, we weren't even a sparkle in McNair's eyes when they last won a Super Bowl. Bottom line is that we have to form our own identity and do it fast. We are not the Broncos, nor she we want to be them. They are 5-7 just like us, maybe Kubes is happy about that.

I just hope that with the OC position open again that we bring in someone innovative that can give this team their own identity and leave a mark on the league. I am tired of being little Denver, they suck. Let's have some pride and do our own thing.
Denver went to the AFC Championship game two years ago. I would say that is pretty successful.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007   #12
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

We look more like the 4077 unit to me with all of the injuries we seem to pile up.

Paging Major Houlihan!
Old 12-02-2007   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I also dont understand why anyone would complain about our offense. Most every problem we have on offense can be linked to a poor offensive line and mediocre running game.

Other than that, our offense has been great.. and it has DEFINATLY been better than anything we have seen from the Texans in years past.
Other than that, how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?
Old 12-03-2007   #14
Grid
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Other than that, how did you like the play Mrs. Lincoln?
I dont get it

Or are you implying that im making light of a huge issue? hehe.

Im not making light of it, I just see that we DO have strengths on offense.. and we could really exploit them if we werent hampered by poor protection and a streaky (and unimpressive overall) running game.
Old 12-03-2007   #15
Scooter
Funky

Rep Power: 103631 Scooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respectedScooter is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
If I am not mistaken, the last time the Broncos had any real sucess was 1999.
99 was the last time the broncos had a losing season (unless you're carrying over the 98 season). they've gone 70-35 in the regular season since then ... going to the AFC championship game (and going undefeated at home) in 2005 and going to the playoffs 7 times in the past 11 years. the broncos are the second winningest team in the last 15 years so denver south doesnt bother me too much. losing kubiak and gaining a rookie quarterback in 06 is what's taken them back a step.
Old 12-03-2007   #16
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I dont get it

Or are you implying that im making light of a huge issue? hehe.

Im not making light of it, I just see that we DO have strengths on offense.. and we could really exploit them if we werent hampered by poor protection and a streaky (and unimpressive overall) running game.
He means that you name 2/3 of the Offense as a problem but say other than that it's "Great".

No matter how great Our American Cousin was, her husband still got assassinated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read