Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Are we out of luck for the wild card?
Yes 98 84.48%
No 18 15.52%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2007   #21
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Re: Do you think we are out of luck for the wild card spot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Well, take it for what it is...but if the Browns do make it...there will be alot of people cheering for the underdog, myself included.
Even against NE?
Old 11-30-2007   #22
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 14238 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YellerLotYeller View Post
The Browns game sealed our fate.....
true true very true
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #23
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

As said before, the Cleveland loss knocked us out
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #24
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

We can always hope the Browns win their division and the Steelers start losing. But we have to win the last 5 games at the minimum to get in.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #25
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 36959 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

Unlikely.
Old 11-30-2007   #26
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Statistically . . no.

Realistically . . yes.
Well said.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #27
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I predicted 9-7, which I knew would not be enough to make the playoffs.

If the Texans can achieve that, I can't be disappointed. If they somehow run the table from here, I'll be very pleasantly surprised, but this year, even that isn't quite good enough to make it to the post-season.
Old 11-30-2007   #28
gary
Hall of Fame

Amen.
Old 11-30-2007   #29
rickyb
Scarlet is hot.

Rep Power: 211 rickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respectedrickyb is a quality contributor and well respected

I've said 8-8 all along, and a few weeks back, I came to the startling revelation that 8-8 simply isn't going to be good enough for a WC berth.
rickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #30
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't think I would have to pull this out again so soon, but here it is.

What's that? Uh -- Playoffs? Don't talk about -- playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!
-Jim Mora

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #31
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by awtysst View Post
I didn't think I would have to pull this out again so soon, but here it is.

What's that? Uh -- Playoffs? Don't talk about -- playoffs? You kidding me? Playoffs? I just hope we can win a game!
-Jim Mora
i've been meaning to ask you.....how do you pronouce your name lol???????????
Old 12-01-2007   #32
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
Sorry guys, looking at your schedule I say no way. You guys have one of the toughest schedules out there.

I've been trolling your site for a while. I was born and raised a Browns fan in Ohio. I've been to many Oilers/Browns games in Houston. I'm not some young punk looking to start anything. Been living in Tex for 30+yrs.

I just can not get behind the Texans. Remind me too much of the futile Browns of the last few years. Poor management-draft choices. ect. One thing I do respect is the passion you guys/gals have for football.

I will be here for a while. I will not crap on your parade, but only talk football and try to add to some discussions and hopefully laugh at a joke or two.

well said...and welcome aboard
Old 12-01-2007   #33
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted "no" only because we technically could make it into a wildcard spot, but I just don't see it happening.

We are in a much worse position now, than the Astros were when they were 15-30.
Old 12-01-2007   #34
ActualTexan
upright biped

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
Sorry guys, looking at your schedule I say no way. You guys have one of the toughest schedules out there.

I've been trolling your site for a while. I was born and raised a Browns fan in Ohio. I've been to many Oilers/Browns games in Houston. I'm not some young punk looking to start anything. Been living in Tex for 30+yrs.

I just can not get behind the Texans. Remind me too much of the futile Browns of the last few years. Poor management-draft choices. ect. One thing I do respect is the passion you guys/gals have for football.

I will be here for a while. I will not crap on your parade, but only talk football and try to add to some discussions and hopefully laugh at a joke or two.
Nice clean post. And, the reponse you got to it makes this a better place IMO. Welcome aboard.
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #35
awtysst
Draft Guru

Rep Power: 2603 awtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respectedawtysst is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicked_wayz View Post
i've been meaning to ask you.....how do you pronouce your name lol???????????
To pronounce my name use the following 4 syllables
1. awty
2. S
3. S
4. T

I'm Pro Fig Newton, not Cam Newton!
-awtysst on 4/28/2011
awtysst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #36
jaybird
Veteran

No way they make the playoffs this year... but I think if the Texans can finish up with 7 or 8 wins then it was a darn good year... especially considering that the OL still sucks, we have no real RB, and the injuries have KILLED us this year.

Fix the OL next year and this is a totally different team.
Old 12-01-2007   #37
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 214275 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary View Post
Even against NE?
ESPECIALLY against NE.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #38
gary
Hall of Fame

Ok.
Old 12-01-2007   #39
El Amigo Invisible
All Pro

Stranger things have happened
El Amigo Invisible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #40
gary
Hall of Fame

Your not kidding.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read