Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-30-2007   #21
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13230 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Guess What?

jonathon stewart RB oregon? our current draft position puts out of the LT race, i"d rather draft a rookie rb than payout to a high priced free agent AGAIN
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #22
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

This just in...

Pearl Harbor was attacked by the japs!!!

...never saw that one coming

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #23
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

I'm pretty sure it was Germany
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #24
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

If A. Green was a horse he would be on his way to the glue factory! This Sucks!

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #25
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Just thought I'd check in with all the people who chewed me out over the off-season, during the big message board celebration over signing Ahman Green.

I poured water on everyone's birthday candles and told them that this wasn't exactly a "lock."

I didn't drink the Kool Aid, and I paid for it. Boy, I tell you what...the DD situation, the David Carr situation, it just all has led me to be a lot more critical and unbiased about this team.

I used to be a rah-rah guy, always thrilled when I was told we had landed the big fish that would get us one step ahead from where we had been. But, time and poor signings have cured that sickness.

Call me a Debbie Downer (whah, whah, whaaaa)...but we sure do seem to find the most chronically injured players. Granted, nobody knew about DD and it was just a deal of finding it out along with DD as he found out about his condition. But Tony Boselli and Ahman Green are head scratchers.

And don't tell me Ahman was never really hurt before he got here. One poster here, can't remember who, but he had visited the Packers board where they were thrilled Ahman was gone--Something to the effect of posts like this, "Where was Ahman when we always needed him? On the sideline. Hurt. Again. The guy is always AWOL at just the right times."

Face it, we got sucker-punched. Again.

I'm just in a state of numbness about Texans football. I don't hate the team, but I don't love them, either.

I'm not going anywhere. I've been an Oilers fan since I was about 9 (I'm 31 now)...and I've never rooted for any other team. In fact, my favorite teams are all the Houston teams. I ran out my door when we won the NBA title, fell onto the ground and thrust my arms into the air, screaming "THANK YOU GOD!" over and over under a beautiful Texas sky when we finally found a way to get past years and years of losing to either the Suns or the Sonics in all those playoff humiliations. I cried like a baby when they cameras showed Biggio and the team in the dugout, all the eyes on Biggio and Bags as they just sort of looked at each other and smiled during the NLCS when we went to the WS.

I calmly walked out, on a snowy day out in the country on our farm (near Lubbock) and proceeded to beat the trunk of a tree with a baseball bat when Frank Reich rallied the Bills to beat the Oilers...a year where we probably would have won it all. I was in high school at the time, and I actually begged my parents to let me stay home from school so that I wouldn't face the torment of all my classmates who knew that my team had just choked on Sunday in the biggest game of MY life.

I have just reached a place of contentment, probably due to my age, whereby I no longer let it control me. I wasn't upset about our Browns loss last Sunday. I expected it. I mentally prepare myself for the inevitable meltdown.

Which is why I will be crying like a baby WHEN we finally get over the top as Texans fans. But until then, I just watch in a state of acceptance: We will get there when we get there. The Pats stunk FOREVER until recently.

It takes a long time.
Old 11-30-2007   #26
frequentfliertx
Rookie

Rep Power: 12 frequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotfrequentfliertx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Actually, I'd be happy with a running game that just runs. LOL Monkey Butt!
frequentfliertx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #27
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 31690 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

It's a good thing it is well documented that Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak never make mistakes, or I'd start to question the millions of dollars they invested in Green. It would be even more troubling if I considered he might just be the most recent, glaring example.
Old 11-30-2007   #28
scourge 
Digression King

Rep Power: 3215 scourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respectedscourge is a quality contributor and well respected

perhaps if not the draft, then someone like Julius Jones or Lamont Jordan would be a decent pick up

Quote:
"He who makes a beast out of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man." - Samuel Johnson
scourge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #29
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Monkey butt.

Isn't that what you are supposed to say when someone says "Guess what?"
I believe it's Chicken Butt.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #30
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Cut him now. He'll never play football again. He's like Boselli except he actually played a few more snaps.

Guess that's what you get when you sign has-beens from Green Bay. Thank god Sherman's gone after this season.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #31
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Cut him now. He'll never play football again. He's like Boselli except he actually played a few more snaps.

Guess that's what you get when you sign has-beens from Green Bay. Thank god Sherman's gone after this season.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #32
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 55882 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

another player thrown under the bus because of injury or was it "officer, my mistake! I thought you motioned me to take off" well at least some Texans know how to keep running
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #33
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post

Yeah, I was over-reacting* a bit last night.

*indicates having a little bit too much to drink
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #34
TxDavid
Go Coogs!

Rep Power: 1257 TxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respectedTxDavid is a quality contributor and well respected

Well there goes our running game. Oh wait. We didn't have one.

PS...It's chicken butt.

....know why?
TxDavid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #35
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
What the hell is going on here?

Is it a bone on bone condition like DD/DW, where it swells up any time he runs on it?
Green used the phrase "bone on bone" during one of his weekly radio shows on SR610. You can find it in their archives, if you're so inclined.
Old 12-01-2007   #36
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Just thought I'd check in with all the people who chewed me out over the off-season, during the big message board celebration over signing Ahman Green.

I poured water on everyone's birthday candles and told them that this wasn't exactly a "lock."

Nice pat yourself on the back post.

The truth is that in football you have to be lucky and good.

Charles Spencer gets a devastating injury his second game as a Texan.

Ahman Green gets a knee bone bruise is first game as a Texan. Marvin Harrison gets a knee bone bruise part way through his season and hasn't played since.

It's a crap shoot.

Personally I wasn't overjoyed with any part of the Texans running back situation in the offseason, but yeah, I think everyone was hoping for something better.
Old 12-01-2007   #37
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 74671 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxDavid View Post
Well there goes our running game. Oh wait. We didn't have one.

PS...It's chicken butt.

....know why?
No. Please do tell.
Old 12-01-2007   #38
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
No. Please do tell.
Turkey thigh.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #39
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
I guarantee you that the Browns were glad you guys chose not to run.
I know they were. As bad as everyone seems to dog him out, Ron Dayne was averaging almost 5 yds/carry. We were only 7 pts down. Why didn't we keep running Dayne? The Browns weren't really stopping him.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007   #40
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Nice pat yourself on the back post.

The truth is that in football you have to be lucky and good.

Charles Spencer gets a devastating injury his second game as a Texan.

Ahman Green gets a knee bone bruise is first game as a Texan. Marvin Harrison gets a knee bone bruise part way through his season and hasn't played since.

It's a crap shoot.

Personally I wasn't overjoyed with any part of the Texans running back situation in the offseason, but yeah, I think everyone was hoping for something better.
Is it too far of a stretch to say the VAST majority of fans were absolutely goo-goo ga-ga over the Green signing?

I only remember a handful of posters saying "Slow down, everybody...this is not exactly a sure thing."

Seems I remember it was about the same atmosphere as it was when we signed Eric Moulds. And I was a big partier on the boards when we signed Eric Moulds. I just ate it up, BIG TIME.

Time has tempered my enthusiasm on these sorts of signings. Maybe this offseason, with the supposed cap space freedom, will be a whole new direction. I don't think we've really ever had a chance to sign top-shelf talent, have we?

Seems it was "bargain basement, clearance items" by Casserly the whole time...and all the while trying to spin it as if we had pulled off a major upset victory with Todd Wade, Philip Buchanon, etc.

No more youthful zeal from this fan, related to the "big" signings yet to come.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read