Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Are we out of luck for the wild card?
Yes 98 84.48%
No 18 15.52%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-30-2007   #1
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to gary
Default Do you think we are out of luck for the wild card spot?

Are we?
Old 11-30-2007   #2
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Do you think we are out of luck for the wild card spot?

Statistically . . no.

Realistically . . yes.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #3
whiskeyrbl

Mathematically we can still make it but we have to win out, SD has to win their division and Cleveland has to lose three games.
Old 11-30-2007   #4
gary
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33817 gary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respectedgary is a quality contributor and well respected

It's going to take alot.
Old 11-30-2007   #5
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 187 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

The Browns game sealed our fate.....
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl View Post
Mathematically we can still make it but we have to win out, SD has to win their division and Cleveland has to lose three games.

well put. that is basically what needs to happen. I think the Jags would have to lose 4 of 5 if we went undefeated the remaining 5 games. Sadly, there is a better chance that Cleveland will lose 3 more games than us winning our remaining 5.

last week was our chance to be relevant and they blew it. They competed but they came out flat and Winslow was playing on a whole other level last Sunday. That kid has made some mistakes but he plays hard on every play and has some of the best hands and body control of any TE in the HISTORY of the game. His love for the game and for competition is CLEARLY evident any time you see him play too. If he doesnt make All Pro this year, there is something wrong with the AP. He is just impossible for defenses to stop and now that he is healthy the Cleveland offense has come around after years of ineptitude. Braylon aint no slouch either. He is another guy that has a visible love for the game and his craft. You can tell they both do the work in the offseason to improve their games and their athleticism. That is a helluva 1-2 punch in the passing game. I put Edwards with AJ and Roy Williams in that 2nd Tier of elite WR. Not quite Moss, Owens, Smith, Harrison but close.

I wasn't surprised we lost due to the fact that we only sent 4 after Anderson pretty much the whole game...well there was that play we actually got a sack....and they blitzed.....who'd of thunk it.
Old 11-30-2007   #7
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think this year they'll make the playoffs.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-30-2007   #8
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19817 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

All questions should be this easy, of course we are, no way we make it.....we just don't have the depth. But we can still go 8-8. We will be much improved next year, another draft, more FA's, get healthy, and we had some young guys like Bennet step up this year.
Old 11-30-2007   #9
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Dang, I misread the question. I say yes now.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #10
gary
Hall of Fame

I say yes.
Old 11-30-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Wish I could say otherwise, but if it weren't for bad luck, we'd have no luck at all!

Playoffs are possible, but highly improbable. I'm starting to feel the same way about .500 this year, too.
Old 11-30-2007   #12
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Not A Problem - all we need to do is win the rest of our games.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
I'm starting to feel the same way about .500 this year, too.
I think that's the better question. I don't think they'll make it, looking at the upcoming schedule. If they are going to, they have to get that killer instinct very quickly. They'll have to take the games aggressively, as Cleveland did to them last week. The attitude difference between the two teams in that contest seemed in stark contrast to me.

Therefore - no shot at play-offs, except in a mathematical, self-gratification mind game sort of way.
Old 11-30-2007   #14
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If we don't take care of the football, it will take a miracle, not just luck!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #15
texdawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 2455 texdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respectedtexdawg is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry guys, looking at your schedule I say no way. You guys have one of the toughest schedules out there.

I've been trolling your site for a while. I was born and raised a Browns fan in Ohio. I've been to many Oilers/Browns games in Houston. I'm not some young punk looking to start anything. Been living in Tex for 30+yrs.

I just can not get behind the Texans. Remind me too much of the futile Browns of the last few years. Poor management-draft choices. ect. One thing I do respect is the passion you guys/gals have for football.

I will be here for a while. I will not crap on your parade, but only talk football and try to add to some discussions and hopefully laugh at a joke or two.
Old 11-30-2007   #16
gary
Hall of Fame

Agree.
Old 11-30-2007   #17
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 78237 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

But I've seen teams backing into the play-offs before!
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #18
gary
Hall of Fame

Old 11-30-2007   #19
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post
Sorry guys, looking at your schedule I say no way. You guys have one of the toughest schedules out there.

I've been trolling your site for a while. I was born and raised a Browns fan in Ohio. I've been to many Oilers/Browns games in Houston. I'm not some young punk looking to start anything. Been living in Tex for 30+yrs.

I just can not get behind the Texans. Remind me too much of the futile Browns of the last few years. Poor management-draft choices. ect. One thing I do respect is the passion you guys/gals have for football.

I will be here for a while. I will not crap on your parade, but only talk football and try to add to some discussions and hopefully laugh at a joke or two.
Well, take it for what it is...but if the Browns do make it...there will be alot of people cheering for the underdog, myself included.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007   #20
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdawg View Post

What more can a person ask. Very well said and your welcome to laugh at anything we got going on.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read