Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Fantasy Football Talk Fantasy football and video games

Old 11-29-2007   #1
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Help?

Travis Henry (at Oak) or Leon Washington (at MIA)?

Calvin Johnson (at Min) or Stokely (at Oak, assume to Walker)?
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #2
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10049 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Re: Help?

Come on, only a few hours left! (stupid CBS fantasy, I much prefer my Yahoo league - nothing like prediciting on Thursday if questionable guys are playing Sunday).
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 11-29-2007   #3
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Re: Help?

Henry seems to be a safe bet to play Sunday since he hasn't been suspended yet. I'd imagine this will be his last game so play him against Oakland. Shannahan might give Young some carries too.

I'd say start Stokely. Walker wasn't much of a factor last week.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #4
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I do not think Henry will get enough carries because of the other backs that have emerged to help you.

I am not sure on the WR Calvin has hands of stone this year and with Walker still coming off the injury even if he plays he will get spelled a lot depending how long Denver has the ball. With Den run D and the Raiders run game like it is I would have to go with Johnson, only by a slight margin.

Last edited by Specnatz; 11-29-2007 at 01:40 PM. Reason: Now that did not help you one bit now that you have two people who said opposite.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #5
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX View Post

Crap - I have Walker and din't realize I have to decide TODAY. I think I'm leaving Javon on the bench this week. So watch him have a 2 TD game.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 11-29-2007   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

I have no idea who to start at running back either.

Justin Fargas oak vs Den
Adrian Peterson chi vs NYG
Ryan Grant gb vs dallas
Willis McGahee bal vs NE

I can start two of them. Geez this is not an easy decision.
Old 11-29-2007   #7
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

AP - even if he splits carries with Chester he's better than the other backs, and NYG's stink.

As for the others...

I hate injuries. When I had a healthy T Henry and Ronnie Brown, I was tearing up my league.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Sponsored links
Old 11-29-2007   #8
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
AP - even if he splits carries with Chester he's better than the other backs, and NYG's stink.

As for the others...

I hate injuries. When I had a healthy T Henry and Ronnie Brown, I was tearing up my league.
Wrong AP, I picked up the AP in chicago not Minn.

I understand your pain on injuries. My issue has been inconsistant QB play.
Old 11-29-2007   #9
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Wrong AP, I picked up the AP in chicago not Minn.

I understand your pain on injuries. My issue has been inconsistant QB play.
CHI's AP is a good bet. All round back - will touch the ball a lot on a questionable Offense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected

Fargas will be a good start. Denver has a bad run defense & Oakland seems to give him the ball quite a bit. As for your other starter it's a toss up between Peterson & McGahee. Peterson will see the majority of the carries, but Wolfe might come in as a 3rd down back. Might be a pass happy game if the Giants take a big lead early. McGahee has to be the Pats primary focus on defense since the Ravens don't really have anyone at WR who can beat them other than Mason. Also, if the Pats end up taking a big lead early the Ravens could be forced to pass more than they want to catch up. Grant has had some pretty good games running the ball, but I think the Dallas/Green Bay game will turn out to be a shootout. So starting Grant could be a gamble. Could pay off big or could end up horribly. If it were me I'd start Fargas & Peterson.
Old 11-29-2007   #11
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

In your scenerio, I'd go with Calvin Johnson.

Quote:
I have no idea who to start at running back either.

Justin Fargas oak vs Den
Adrian Peterson chi vs NYG
Ryan Grant gb vs dallas
Willis McGahee bal vs NE

I can start two of them. Geez this is not an easy decision.
I think Fargas has had a very good year and given Denver's spotty run defense, I'd start him.

Now let me throw my predicament past y'all. Who would y'all start at your #3 WR?

Andre Davis- Hou vs Ten
Patrick Crayton(dinged up but probable)- GB vs Dal
Joe Jurevicius- Cld vs Ari
Old 11-29-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

WOW that is tough Hou-Tex. I would say Clayton because TO is going to get a lot of attention and Woodsen (GB) is dinged up.

Oh and thanks for the advice guys. I went with Fargas and AP.

EDIT: Woodsen is out go with Clayton

Last edited by Specnatz; 11-29-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #13
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 173001 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

Hopefully you went with Crayton. He just scored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

I made no changes, ended up visiting New Caney and Liberty today. By the time I got back to Houston, game had started.
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Old 11-30-2007   #15
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
Grant has had some pretty good games running the ball, but I think the Dallas/Green Bay game will turn out to be a shootout. So starting Grant could be a gamble. Could pay off big or could end up horribly. If it were me I'd start Fargas & Peterson.
Looks like starting Grant would've paid off big for you. He had 94 yards and 2 TDs.
Old 11-30-2007   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
Looks like starting Grant would've paid off big for you. He had 94 yards and 2 TDs.
Yep I saw that. Oh well
Old 12-05-2007   #17
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 168015 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
WOW that is tough Hou-Tex. I would say Clayton because TO is going to get a lot of attention and Woodsen (GB) is dinged up.

Oh and thanks for the advice guys. I went with Fargas and AP.

EDIT: Woodsen is out go with Clayton
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapaL View Post
Hopefully you went with Crayton. He just scored.
*ahem*...I started Andre Davis. 1 catch for 0 points. I still won my game though, thanks to Hines Ward.

I've picked up the Vikings DST and TE Leonard Pope. My TE's haven't been doing anything.

Thanks for the recommendations anyways. If I were in town I would've made the change.
Old 12-06-2007   #18
Specnatz
Site Contributor

HElP! S.O.S.

I have a huge decision to make.

WR:
1. Randy Moss
2. Wes Welker
3. Andre Johnson

RB:
1. Willis McGahee
2. Ryan Grant
3. Andrian Perterson (Chicago)
4. Justin Fargas

This is playoffs so I need a win can start two WR and two RB plus another player whom should I chose?

Was thinking about benching Johnson because of Tampa Bay's D. Just not sure whom to suit up.
Old 12-06-2007   #19
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Quote:
HElP! S.O.S.

I have a huge decision to make.

WR:
1. Randy Moss
2. Wes Welker
3. Andre Johnson

RB:
1. Willis McGahee
2. Ryan Grant
3. Andrian Perterson (Chicago)
4. Justin Fargas

This is playoffs so I need a win can start two WR and two RB plus another player whom should I chose?

Was thinking about benching Johnson because of Tampa Bay's D. Just not sure whom to suit up.
Hmm...I'll give it a shot.

WR:
Randy Moss
Andre Johnson

RB:
Justin Fargas (dude's on fire)
Willis McGahee (I think he's like #2 rushing)

Extra Player:
Wes Welker
Old 12-06-2007   #20
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Fargas
Grant
Welker
Johnson
Moss

Grant should be a no-brainer considering Favre's hand/arm is hurt.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Fantasy Football Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read