Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2007   #41
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 396984 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So im banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuppacoffee View Post
I've noticed on both Texan sites I frequent that attacking the poster seems to be ok if the poster contains themselves to calling others trolls, bandwagoners (?), haters, apologists and a few other names that I can't recall at the moment...
Trolls get no mercy!!

But I agree about the rest. I don't see the need to call out fellow Texans fans and question their devotion to a lost cause. It takes all kinds....except trolls!!!
Old 11-29-2007   #42
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Trolls get no mercy!!

But I agree about the rest. I don't see the need to call out fellow Texans fans and question their devotion to a lost cause. It takes all kinds....except trolls!!!
thats the spirit!!
Old 11-29-2007   #43
ubecool454
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1158 ubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respectedubecool454 is a quality contributor and well respected

Its hard to get rep power on this board..lol
Old 11-29-2007   #44
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

I've noticed on both Texan sites I frequent that attacking the poster seems to be ok if the poster contains themselves to calling others trolls, bandwagoners (?), haters, apologists and a few other names that I can't recall at the moment...

It used to be that you would call someone an (hole in a donkey) and the censor would spell out "Bud Adams".
Old 11-29-2007   #45
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 149846 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by santo View Post
I wouldn't mind you posting it. Sounds good.
Traditional Japanese dish

Okonomiyaki:

ingredients: two cups of rice flour, one egg(you can substiute quail eggs or you can use one large egg and two yolks), two table spoons of white miso paste, half a pound of *cleaned and deveined shrimp (you can also use lobster, crab, crawfish, cuttle fish, squid or girlled pork) 1 cup of shredded cabbage, half a cup of shredded or powdered nori (dehydrated seaweed sheets), 3 tablespoons of shredded yamaimo (optional), 1/4 cup of okonomiyaki sauce, two table spoons of cupie brand mayonaise. 1 tablespoon of red pickled ginger. 2 tbs of oil

You'll need: A griddle or a large pan or other flat cooking surface.

Steps:
Mix the miso paste with enough water to where you make a slurry. set this aside

1. and mix the rice flour with enough water to where you get a nice moderately thick batter. It should be the constency of a good pancake/waffle batter. Mix in the whole egg and beat lightly to where the egg becomes part of the batter, but don't over beat it. At this point add the miso slurry and mix until your batter becomes a nice brownish red.

2. Place the primary ingredients (shrimp/ pork whatever) in on your cooking surface with a little oil and grill them until they are cooked. With the pork it takes a bit longer (for obvious reasons) but with shrimp and seafood it's much quicker.

3. When this has been done add enough batter to the top of the grilling ingredient to cover it completely. Try to keep this in a pancake type shape. Personally I don't like for these things to be bigger than 10-12 inches in diameter, but that's just me.

4. Before this has a chance to set, sprinkle on a layer of cabbage and yamaimo (if you chose to use it) and when it sets cover that layer with a little more batter until it sets.

5. Now comes the tricky part. Flip this (use two spatulas if needed...and they might be) and cook the other side...it won't take as long.

6. set this on a plate and apply the okonomiyaki sauce and shredded nori. squeeze the mayo on (it's in a squeeze bottle) in the pattern of your choice and place some red pickled ginger in the center. If you did this right it'll be light fluffy and beautiful...If not I'm sorry it's been a couple of years since I made one of these.

*the main ingredient is entirely up to you you can even do a combination of the ingredients in question.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"

Last edited by Dread-Head; 11-29-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-29-2007   #46
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
I tend to post sporatically, but I've done a lot of lurking in my day and one thing I noticed was that as soon as the official site got an "upgrade", a hoard of new users started posting, most of which were ignorant know-it-alls. Did this coincide with the site make-over or was I just imagining it?
no, it was the same thing for me. I stopped going over there once it "upgraded". The people that posted there were very immature and juvenile to me, although i'm young as well.
Old 11-29-2007   #47
Mr PC
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21 Mr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of FamerMr PC is a Hall of Famer

Thats funny, earlier this week I was also banned from the official site, and also for calling someone a jackass (I was responding to the OP who created a thread entitled "Owen Daniels Sucks").
Old 11-29-2007   #48
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72233 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
The moderators here are a good group of guys (guess they are all guys?).
You'd have to ask Texans Chick about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Are all moderators required to identify themselves as such ?
Blue name.

==========================

I haven't been back to the Texans official board since this one came back in its current state. One is enough for me.
Old 11-29-2007   #49
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 109012 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

Texans Talk > "Official" Board ...........

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
Old 11-29-2007   #50
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Quote:
Most of the posters on the official board, and also this board are ignorant whiny jackasses. That's my opinion, and I've expressed that more times than I can count.
Yet you keep coming back. Glutton for punishment or birds of a feather?
There are particular posters, that whenever they post, about any subject, I make it a point to read them. It's sad that I can count them with the fingers of only one hand. They are far more intelligent, knowledgable, and insightful than I am, which is why I always learn something when I read them.

That's what keeps me coming back. I don't want to toot your horn or anything, but you just happen to be one of them.

Last edited by Marcus; 11-30-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 11-29-2007   #51
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
You're just pissy because it's partly true
No, I'm dry.

Old 11-29-2007   #52
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 87851 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post

Most of the posters on the official board, and also this board are ignorant whiny jackasses. That's my opinion, and I've expressed that more times than I can count.
Well I can count 3152 times.

Old 11-29-2007   #53
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post

Blue name.
i hear the red ones can do stuff like this.
Old 11-29-2007   #54
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
So I got banned from the "official forums"..
Meh...go for it. I collected a warning on a BBS I help moderate for insulting one of the posters. It's the internet.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Old 11-29-2007   #55
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That is probably what caused the ban.

Putting people down is not cool. It's legal in a few states...but stupidity currently isn't one of the offenses for which people are put down...usually just an underlying circumstance.

I doubt that a certified ***** has the acuity to see his/her doctor about removing them from the gene pool.

Well the way I see it.. just because someone is a "public figure" that doesnt make insulting them any more acceptable than insulting a "normal" person.

When the Fire McNair post was made.. it was insulting to both Bob McNair..and all of the Texans fans that are forced to be associated with the poster.

Essentially what im trying to say is that I wasnt just tossing out insults because im an ass, I was tossing out insults because he was tossing out insults.

And im an ass.
Old 11-29-2007   #56
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
There are particular posters, that whenever they post, about any subject, I make it point to read them. It's sad that I can count them with the fingers of only one hand. They are far more intelligent, knowledgable, and inciteful than I am, which is why I always learn something when I read them.

That's what keeps me coming back. I don't want to toot your horn or anything, but you just happen to be one of them.
When are you going to buy the Double Barrel fathead for your wall
Old 11-29-2007   #57
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1726 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, I'm not going to read through 3 pages of stuff, but it's good to have you back Grid. I tried the "official" forums for a while, but the people there really pissed me off quickly. Hope the new kiddo is doing well and all, and glad you are back to the real message board. Also, I noticed that most of the good posters from the old board are actually on this board now. Good to have one more now.
Old 11-29-2007   #58
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Well, I'm not going to read through 3 pages of stuff, but it's good to have you back Grid. I tried the "official" forums for a while, but the people there really pissed me off quickly. Hope the new kiddo is doing well and all, and glad you are back to the real message board. Also, I noticed that most of the good posters from the old board are actually on this board now. Good to have one more now.
Thanks! I guess the ban was a blessing cause I already feel alot beter here than on the offical forums heh.

Daughter is doing great.. shes hilarious now.. 16 months old and she is developing a personality.
Old 11-29-2007   #59
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
i hear the red ones can do stuff like this.
The red ones do stuff like that in their sleep. You don't want to see what they'll do if you cross them.
Old 11-30-2007   #60
benefactor

Wow...at least I'm not alone. I got told about the official Texans forums a while back about my cousin(Anti-Bush). I have always loved the Oilers/Texans but had little time to check out the board because I am a mod on a basketball message board. I finally headed over there and noticed many of the annoying posters you guys are talking about. I called one "uninformative" and got banned for it. The guy I said it to actually PM'ed me, threatening to run to a mod if I didn't apologize to him. I told him he'd probably get laughed at if he told on me and that what a said to him was common knowledge, as he had been identified as a troll my other posters. Well...here I am...because it seems it wasn't seen my way. Its kinda funny...on the board I moderate we actually partake in the hazing of the idiots....but I digress.

That being said, its good to be here....and I agree with the many others that say there are better posters here. For someone who can't even buy a Texans t-shirt in his town, this place is a fresh drink of water. I hope to post as much as I can but my responsibilities on the other board often limit me...so for the times I can be here...GO TEXANS!

Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read