Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-27-2005   #41
Cincinnatikid
Veteran

exactly, if the dline gets some push up the middle, that gets either pressure or frees up the double teams on the olb's. There are your sacks, pass rush, and pressures. also that does limit the dbs from covering more than 4 or 5 secs. Magically the team would get the sacks everyone wants and still get INTs because the QB has to make quick passes on the run which turns into bad passes. The texans have the DBs that can make some plays, they have the pass rush in babin and peek from the outside, you put wong in the middle with maybe a rookie comign in too and the defense moves up the charts. It seems pretty simple to me, i guess maybe i should be in charge of drafting.
Cincinnatikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #42
bruenice
Rookie

I agree with the ideas, just not the idea that you should be in charge of the draft for the team
bruenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #43
THEFUTURE
All Pro

even with 15 LB, i dont know if thats how many we really have, a few will be cut, and only about 7 or 8 will play in defensive sets, most LB are special teams players if they are outside those 7-8 LBs... payne and smith did a good job this year, what is needed is a DE to replace Walker,... the front three are used to rush the passer, true, but also draw double teams, allowing are blitzing LB's to get to the QB... a perfect example is the Raider game, when Sharper got to Collins... that is what are defense is supposed to do... when its done right... and if we dont get to the QB for the sack, then it forces QB's to get rid of the ball early, and force bad passes... i might be wrong, but weren't the Texans one of the best in interceptions this year?
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #44
bruenice
Rookie

I think that you would see even more ints if the outside linebackers were freed up with an improved d-line and releasing the linebackers.
bruenice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #45
HardCoreTxn
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to HardCoreTxn Send a message via MSN to HardCoreTxn Send a message via Yahoo to HardCoreTxn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreJ
I don't think you can call Miller a HUGE dissapointment this season. Sure his numbers were nowhere near where they have been in the past. But lets be honest, how many games can you even remember him getting a ball thrown his way. The only thing i think you can rightfully blame Miller for is not being as great a blocker as he is a catcher. When the ball was thrown his way (not often) he made the catch.
The reason he doesnt get the ball more is because he's SLOW, yea, he has great hands..like a WR in fact..but if you cant run the routes and get open, you may as well have nubs for hands, I wanted Miller to do well for the team and go far with the Texans, yea he scored our first franchise TD, but Im starting to think Denver had reason to cut him, could you imagine if Carr had someone like A.Gates, B.Franks or A.Crumpler at TE? I'll bet our O-line wouldnt look so bad then
HardCoreTxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005   #46
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 303034 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCoreTxn
The reason he doesnt get the ball more is because he's SLOW, yea, he has great hands..like a WR in fact..but if you cant run the routes and get open, you may as well have nubs for hands, I wanted Miller to do well for the team and go far with the Texans, yea he scored our first franchise TD, but Im starting to think Denver had reason to cut him, could you imagine if Carr had someone like A.Gates, B.Franks or A.Crumpler at TE? I'll bet our O-line wouldnt look so bad then
Miller's problem is not his speed and he is by no means slower than other successful NFL TE's. He got into the NFL as a WR--you really think a too slow TE was brought into the NFL as a WR? Miller's value is limited by Miller's blocking, Carr's having time to get to his 3rd progression and Carr making wise use of the time he does have. There were a ton of plays last year where Miller, Gaffney, etc., including AJ at times, where they were open but the play progressed--hike, 4 steps into 5 step drop (looking for primary), oh crud here it comes again, please DD take it.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read