Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2007   #21
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So im banned

Just remember that bozos and redneck jackasses need love too. I just prefer if it was not with each other. I no longer post on the other MB either and although no sport genius, I like to think I and others can contribute. Sometimes I can't control myself and post something I think is funny but probably comes across stupid. I am that way in my personal life. Sometime I post outlandish thoughts to see how others react. Maybe some remember my thread during last off season should AJ be traded? I thought it was a reasonable thought but the feedback was not very positive.

I guess the "complaint" I have is that if someone voices a reasonable thought that "our" team or a player is not doing well, hell breaks loose from some. I think some posters get wrapped in the colors of the team and identify themselves as part of the team. To a certain point that is ok, but not to go overboard and "hate" or "love" the Texans just because.
Old 11-29-2007   #22
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I would ban you for that one.

I take it your not from Houston.
You're just pissy because it's partly true
Old 11-29-2007   #23
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Grid, you must have gotten banned for something more than just calling posters in general 'ignorant whiny jackasses'. Assuming you were banned for "namecalling", unless someone turned up the 'weenie' knob on the mods recently, I thought that only had to do with calling out a particular poster by name.

Most of the posters on the official board, and also this board are ignorant whiny jackasses. That's my opinion, and I've expressed that more times than I can count.
Old 11-29-2007   #24
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
The admin on houstontexans.com is also the admin here. The moderators on houstontexans.com are part of the moderator group here.
Very Interesting ! I didn't know that ? But then I rarely get over to the "official Board" these days. I just got out of the habit because it seemed most of the guys who's views, comments, etc. were of most interest and
informational and yea provocative to me hung around this site but not the other. But the bureaucracy composed of adminstrators and moderators are 2 different groups with some overlap ?
The moderators here are a good group of guys (guess they are all guys?). Oh I guess they're kinda a little clique that's always giving each other "high-fives" (I think they call it "reps"). I dunno, maybe that's their way of bonding. But they really are fairly tolerant and give us quite a bit of latitude. Apparently more so than the official site ?
Are all moderators required to identify themselves as such ?
But this is a great Board and whenever I'm gone, out-of-town, whatever
I'm always interested to see what's been said when I get back.
Old 11-29-2007   #25
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 70276 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I would ban you for that one.

I take it your not from Houston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
You're just pissy because it's partly true
QFT!
Old 11-29-2007   #26
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Are all moderators required to identify themselves as such?
If you get banned, the mod that bans you dang well should.
Old 11-29-2007   #27
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 2838 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dread-Head-001 View Post
Strangely enough the guy who banned me told me about this board. Nice guy. He was half Japanese and gave me his mother's variation of my favorite Japanese dish.
I don't know who you could be talking about but I want that recipe. Do I need to get banned to get it?
Old 11-29-2007   #28
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 20333 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't mess with that place.
Old 11-29-2007   #29
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 128525 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
I don't know who you could be talking about but I want that recipe. Do I need to get banned to get it?
Nah, just ask Vinny. He can probably help you.
Old 11-29-2007   #30
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
In all honesty I think the quality of Texans talk on both boards has gone down over the years. Maybe I'm just getting tired of reading the same old stuff - here and there.
I think it is the latter--same discussions about trading up, trading down, need a LT, need a real RB, fire X, etc. Feels very been there done that at times.

[Not directed to aj, but to everyone]

Vinny is the admin on both sites under the control of an owner on each--Hookem here and the Texans there. The mods at HT.com are a subset of those here.

A little history. HT.com was running this software (vbulletin) when traffic was high and essentially the full mod staff here currently were the mods there. When the Texans decided to redo their main web-site the development company convinced them they could also do a MB but could not import any of the history. The Texans were however willing to give the history to us and Hookem who was having severe server issues with the software he was running here decided (with contributions from several fans) to upgrade to vbulletin here. That let us bring the history of HT.com here. With it came a great many of the folks who used to post at HT.com. Meanwhile the new software at HT.com was virtually un-moderatable and to compound that problem the Texans only wanted a couple of mods--meaning fewer people trying to do a job which had just become much harder. With the exodus of many of the long term posters, HT.com was left with fewer long term people providing good behavior examples and a whole bunch of new people who in some cases either didn't pay attention to or flaunted the rules. After seeing the disaster that was resulting, the Texans came around and went back to vbulletin and have allowed a couple more mods. Like aj said, in time HT.com will build a base again. There are fewer mods there and we are not going to catch everything. If someone sees an issue on either site, please pm me or another mod on either MB.

Edit--after a little investigation--Grid your account was not suspended simply for the jackass comment but for a series of insults such as telling people they had no education, that they were suffering from an acute case of stupidity and that humanity would suffer if they procreated. That kind of stuff isn't acceptable there or here.

Last edited by infantrycak; 11-29-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Old 11-29-2007   #31
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 282778 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
I stopped going to the official forum. There's alot of immature young posters on there who think they know it all.
I read it all the time but rarely get inspired enough to post. I suppose I should try to set an example, but monkeys flinging poo rarely pay attention to the concept of standards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
The moderators here are a good group of guys (guess they are all guys?). Oh I guess they're kinda a little clique that's always giving each other "high-fives" (I think they call it "reps"). I dunno, maybe that's their way of bonding. But they really are fairly tolerant and give us quite a bit of latitude. Apparently more so than the official site ?
Are all moderators required to identify themselves as such ?
We have female mods here. You'll have to figure out who is who, though.

Funny comment about "high fives". The overwhelming majority of my own rep has come from regular posters, not mods. I give out positive rep fairly liberally...not that it means much to me, but it is a nice way to prop someone without mucking the threads up with "good post" posts.

Mods don't have banning powers, btw (too bad! ). Seriously, though, that is the power of admins. Mods are just volunteer peace keepers, but more importantly, regular fans just like everyone else. We are no better or worse than anyone in having opinions or being in an emotional elevator from an inconsistent team with a history of losing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus
Most of the posters on the official board, and also this board are ignorant whiny jackasses. That's my opinion, and I've expressed that more times than I can count.
Yet you keep coming back. Glutton for punishment or birds of a feather?
Old 11-29-2007   #32
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by raytex View Post
I stopped going to the official forum. There's alot of immature young posters on there who think they know it all.
I stopped going there the minute this one was up. Just like the posters and content and the way it is set up. This is the first season I have posted alot during the season. Usually I was off-season for the draft and free agency and then posted as needed during the games. But I'm personally attached here now. I will say there is a certain amount of frustration on the weekly cycles of how people see the team though.
Old 11-29-2007   #33
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
I tend to post sporatically, but I've done a lot of lurking in my day and one thing I noticed was that as soon as the official site got an "upgrade", a hoard of new users started posting, most of which were ignorant know-it-alls. Did this coincide with the site make-over or was I just imagining it?
Well all I know is i never could get my e-mail straightened out ? I took it as a sign. I use to go over there and read some of the posts. My thought was the lame and ignorant needed a site too, so I left them to it. I was not impressed.
My favorites are on here now. No reason to go back.
Old 11-29-2007   #34
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 117755 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedc View Post
It's called Okonomiyaki. It's a regional dish really popular in Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe and my favorite food on the planet. It's the Japanese equivilent of a pizza. It's grilled bread dish made with an egg and rice flour batter along with fresh cabbage and either pork or seafood and topped with a special sauce. If you're serious I can post an actual recipie for it.
"Why attack a man for his race or religion when there are so many other PERFECTLY good reasons?" :Dreademiah 2:16 Dread-Head. Texan from DAY ONE & PROUD Honorary Blue Crew member..."Damn it Bill!"
Old 11-29-2007   #35
santo
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 25222 santo is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respectedsanto is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's called Okonomiyaki. It's a regional dish really popular in Osaka, Kyoto and Kobe and my favorite food on the planet. It's the Japanese equivilent of a pizza. It's grilled bread dish made with an egg and rice flour batter along with fresh cabbage and either pork or seafood and topped with a special sauce. If you're serious I can post an actual recipie for it.
I wouldn't mind you posting it. Sounds good.
Old 11-29-2007   #36
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

ahh.. lol.

So it was a series of three posts . The two I mentioned before, and my response to the guy who said we needed to "FIYYAAAAA BOB MCNAIR!"

The dude Typed Like This And Used Gangsta Slang To Try And Make The Lame And Idiotic Suggestion That We Needed To "FIYAAA" (fire) Our Owner.

Someone asked why he capitalized every word and I responded that he was simply uneducated and thought it looked cool. Then I went on to say that ignorance is curable, but this guy was suffering from an acute case of stupidity and should be put down before he has the chance to procreate, or all humanity may suffer.

*shrug*

Id say it again in a heartbeat. If someone is an *****, they need to be informed of it so that they can fix it.
Old 11-29-2007   #37
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 100421 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
ahh.. lol.

So it was a series of three posts . The two I mentioned before, and my response to the guy who said we needed to "FIYYAAAAA BOB MCNAIR!"

The dude Typed Like This And Used Gangsta Slang To Try And Make The Lame And Idiotic Suggestion That We Needed To "FIYAAA" (fire) Our Owner.

Someone asked why he capitalized every word and I responded that he was simply uneducated and thought it looked cool. Then I went on to say that ignorance is curable, but this guy was suffering from an acute case of stupidity and should be put down before he has the chance to procreate, or all humanity may suffer.

*shrug*

Id say it again in a heartbeat. If someone is an *****, they need to be informed of it so that they can fix it.
LMAO! I saw the thread you're talking about. That's the exact reason I no longer post there anymore. I quit when it was the first new version and when xtroyaltyx said this one was back up.

Old 11-29-2007   #38
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Sounds interesting, please post a recipe
Old 11-29-2007   #39
austintexanite
All Pro

Crazy, to think that a lot of posters complained about other teams sites. Btw, I like your assessment of this years team, I pretty much agree that we are a heck of a lot better but we are our own worst enemy. We can still go 8-8.
Old 11-29-2007   #40
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
ahh.. lol.

*shrug*

That is probably what caused the ban.

Putting people down is not cool. It's legal in a few states...but stupidity currently isn't one of the offenses for which people are put down...usually just an underlying circumstance.

I doubt that a certified ***** has the acuity to see his/her doctor about removing them from the gene pool.

I've noticed on both Texan sites I frequent that attacking the poster seems to be ok if the poster contains themselves to calling others trolls, bandwagoners (?), haters, apologists and a few other names that I can't recall at the moment...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read