Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2007   #1
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans Sign Linebacker William Kershaw | Waive Orr

I have not seen these posted anywhere.

http://www.houstontexans.com/team/Transactions.asp

Quote:
11/21/2007 Signed WR Derrick Hamilton to the practice squad.

11/28/2007 Released DE Shantee Orr. Signed LB William Kershaw from the Philadelphia Eagles' practice squad.
Hamilton played his college ball at Clemson. He's 6'4" and 205 lbs. Drafted in the 3rd round of the 04 draft by the 49'ers. He tore his knee up as a rookie, and while in rehab was seen playing in a celeb charity basketball game. He then tweaked a hammy in traingin camp. He has never played for the Broncos or the Packers.

Kershaw was an UDFA out of Maryland for the Chiefs, who was cut and signed by the Eagles this year (afte signing a 3 year deal at the end of last year). He's 6'3" and 240 lbs. Can play MLB and OLB, as well as STs. Had 3 ST tackles against the Colts in last year's afc Wild Card Game. He has never played for the Broncos or the Packers.

Last edited by Errant Hothy; 11-28-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #2
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Roster moves over the last week

Bye Shantee....

Old 11-28-2007   #3
Hardcore Texan
Magnet Man

Rep Power: 19489 Hardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedHardcore Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

I have always like Orr. Good luck to him wherever he lands.
Old 11-28-2007   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Well I asked the other week where Orr was. He can rush the passer. He won't be with out work for very long. Cheap 3-4 guy. Someone will bite.

Quitely, relentlessly cleaning up the roster. Must of been a heck of a WR work out ? So I guess I was correct. In a draft rich with WR/TE playmakers...we ain't in the market this draft ?
Old 11-28-2007   #5
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post

Hamilton played his college ball at Clemson. He's 6'4" and 205 lbs. Drafted in the 3rd round of the 04 draft by the 49'ers. He tore his knee up as a rookie, and while in rehab was seen playing in a celeb charity basketball game. He then tweaked a hammy in traingin camp. He has never played for the Broncos or the Packers.

Kershaw is an UDFA out of Maryland for the Chiefs. He's 6'3" and 240 lbs. Can play MLB and OLB, as well as STs. Had 3 ST tackles against the Colts in last year's afc Wild Card Game. He has never played for the Broncos or the Packers.
I'm confused. He was signed from the Eagles PS, but was an UDFA for the Chiefs?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #6
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 21318 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexMexVato View Post
I'm confused. He was signed from the Eagles PS, but was an UDFA for the Chiefs?
Yes the Chiefs cut him around the end of September, after signing him to a 3 year deal at the end of last season. The Eagles signed him to their practice squad about a month ago.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #7
alphajoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2888 alphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respectedalphajoker is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yes the Chiefs cut him around the end of September, after signing him to a 3 year deal at the end of last season. The Eagles signed him to their practice squad about a month ago.
Got it, thanks. So I guess this means he will be activated because from what I understand, you cannot pull a player from another teams practice squad to put on your practice squad. I guess we'll be seeing him on ST, right?
alphajoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-28-2007   #8
nero THE zero
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15056 nero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respectednero THE zero is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well I asked the other week where Orr was. He can rush the passer. He won't be with out work for very long. Cheap 3-4 guy. Someone will bite.

Quitely, relentlessly cleaning up the roster. Must of been a heck of a WR work out ? So I guess I was correct. In a draft rich with WR/TE playmakers...we ain't in the market this draft ?
I don't think this PS signing is remotely related to our intentions in next year's draft but considering our needs and our depth at WR and TE I don't expect either position to be a point of concern in the draft unless someone of exceptional value falls to us.
nero THE zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #9
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1297 281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected281 is a quality contributor and well respected

dang, i liked orr.

-Ben Franklin
281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #10
MeLoveTexans
All Pro

Rep Power: 1781 MeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respectedMeLoveTexans is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans release Orr

I just heard this on 610... i have to admit i was kinda surprised... i really liked his explosiveness.. seems when he was in the game, we got the most pressure on the qb

Last edited by MeLoveTexans; 11-29-2007 at 10:23 AM.
MeLoveTexans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #11
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3261 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84
Default Re: Texans release Orr

Too bad on Orr, he was someone I always hoped would succeed.

I'll always remember the hit he put on Mike Vick in Reliant stadium. Priceless.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #12
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default Re: Texans Sign Linebacker William Kershaw | Waive Orr

That's a shame to hear, Orr was a solid player. Will this Kershaw fellow be getting any playing time? If so, I would say he has some proving to do. I personally believed that Orr should have been a starter over Danny Clark, but that's just me.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #13
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 78404 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hamilton...He has never played for the Broncos or the Packers.

Kershaw...He has never played for the Broncos or the Packers.
Priceless!
Old 11-28-2007   #14
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 35979 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Team must have some expectations for Kershaw to sign him, having to place him on the 53 man squad.

Old 11-28-2007   #15
ActualTexan
upright biped

Yeah, too bad about Orr. But by all means, roll out Kersaw, let's see what he has.
ActualTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #16
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

Most likely for ST purposes. Maybe the ST play as of late has been subpar? There certainly haven't been many holes to run through.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #17
keyser
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12880 keyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respectedkeyser is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm surprised about the reaction to Orr. Last year I felt he was, by far, the weakest LB (I wouldn't call him solid), and I'm glad that we did not have to go with him as a starter this year. The only time Orr seemed to be productive was when blitzing the passer, and as someone pointed out, he hasn't even been asked to do that much this year. I don't think we're losing much.

Rick Smith has impressed me with some of the people he's brought in so far, especially when it's been by choice rather than necessity. I'm guessing he's seen something in Kershaw, so I'm eager to find out what he'll bring to the team.
keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #18
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2271 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate to see Orr go because he was always a monster on special teams for us.. and we need help on special teams (which is kind of surprising).

But.. we need to keep improving our depth. If our woes in the secondary are any indication, its that you never know when you are gonna be looking at those 3rd and 4th string guys and praying to god that they can go out there and not lose the game for ya.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #19
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

I wonder if he's related to sammy kershaw, one of the greatest country singers of all time, right next to doug supernaw.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #20
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 87576 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

When Clark was signed I thought there goes Orr and was surprised he remained as long as he did.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read