Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-28-2007   #1
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sports

As you know, I do not engage in much trash talk.

But in honor of the upcoming Texans-Titans game, I figured I would just speak some truth:

The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sport

AOL decided to make it one of today's featured stories on FanHouse.

Big thanks to Overalls for the idea.

Note, that you can send it to friends, family and others with the email this link at the bottom.

I have no quarrel with Titan fans. I just think your owner is a boob, and feel bad for you that the only way you could get a team in TN was to deal with that guy.
Old 11-28-2007   #2
AnthonyE 
Lurker

Section: 118 Row B
Rep Power: 2029 AnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respectedAnthonyE is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to AnthonyE
Default Re: The Tennessee Titans Have the Worst Name in All of Sports

Best. Article. Evar.
Old 11-28-2007   #3
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 75779 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Nice article, but the video isn't accurate. Case in point.

Old 11-28-2007   #4
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD View Post
Nice article, but the video isn't accurate. Case in point.

Well, then, I suppose you need to leave a comment over there with words to that effect. The site asks for an email to leave a comment, but it is not tracked or anything.

I was just trying to be fair. Perhaps Bud Adams is a genius.
Old 11-28-2007   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

TC, the scene of barbie coitus was disturbing. you've scarred me.
Old 11-28-2007   #6
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
TC, the scene of barbie coitus was disturbing. you've scarred me.
This is what happens when you are at your parents house for Thanksgiving, you are hanging out with family, you are bored, and you have a video camera and know the Texans are playing the Titans next week.

You should see the outtakes. I might have to put together a Director's Cut.
Old 11-28-2007   #7
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

That's funny, TC!

Twisted, yes....probably a reason to like it! The butterknife sword was top notch, as was the credits. Good job!

Thanks for the humor today. I needed it on a tough humpday.
Old 11-28-2007   #8
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
This is what happens when you are at your parents house for Thanksgiving....
no excuses for such filth.

ahem... now excuse me while i go research obscenity laws.
Old 11-28-2007   #9
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
That's funny, TC!

Twisted, yes....probably a reason to like it! The butterknife sword was top notch, as was the credits. Good job!

Thanks for the humor today. I needed it on a tough humpday.
Glad you liked it. It's sort of an early Christmas present to the MB.
Old 11-28-2007   #10
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Fantastic stuff. That video should be played before every Texans home game against the Titans.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #11
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346 View Post
Fantastic stuff. That video should be played before every Texans home game against the Titans.
Some of the Titan fans do not care for what I wrote, and some of the braver ones who do not know how to use the caps button are commenting:

Quote:
15. ufortunately steph, this article shows how backward and uneducated you are. what a freakin *****.
I love unintentional humor.

Please to all. Please feel free to leave a comment over there. Doesn't have to be much of one. The more comments, the more likely more people will see it because of the way that website works.
Old 11-28-2007   #12
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Some of the Titan fans do not care for what I wrote, and some of the braver ones who do not know how to use the caps button are commenting:

I love unintentional humor.

Please to all. Please feel free to leave a comment over there. Doesn't have to be much of one. The more comments, the more likely more people will see it because of the way that website works.
I will leave a comment after I get home, but that was extremely funny yet disturbing. But the sense of humor is right up my alley.
Old 11-28-2007   #13
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69328 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I had to post it over at the Jags MB.......hope you don't mind, but yeah, I loved it.
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #14
Bulluck53
All Pro

Rep Power: 1627 Bulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respectedBulluck53 is a quality contributor and well respected

Can't really defend Tennessee against anything that article says. The entire south is perceived 'backwards' so it doesn't bother me much. If that woman has ever been to Nashville and the surrounding counties she would think differently.

My serious response to this would be, do you guys know why they were named the Titans? Also, why our mascot is a racoon?
Bulluck53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #15
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulluck53 View Post
Can't really defend Tennessee against anything that article says. The entire south is perceived 'backwards' so it doesn't bother me much. If that woman has ever been to Nashville and the surrounding counties she would think differently.

My serious response to this would be, do you guys know why they were named the Titans? Also, why our mascot is a racoon?
The article says this:

Quote:
Tennessee is a lovely state with beautiful urban centers.
Are you saying this isn't true?

They are named the Titans because Nashville is "The Athens of the South." Basically, they want to crib some of Greek history without dealing with the particulars of the Titans--which is that they were kinda gross.

As for the racoon mascot, I have no idea. Maybe because they steal stuff? They like running over people in vehicles? I'd really like to know.
Old 11-28-2007   #16
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:

As for the racoon mascot, I have no idea. Maybe because they steal stuff? They like running over people in vehicles? I'd really like to know.
one of bud adams' more insidious schemes. he wanted a cute, fuzzy, recognizable mascot that kids would bond to. he wanted to create superfans. also some racial brainwashy motivations.
Old 11-28-2007   #17
austintexanite
All Pro

lol, pretty funny stuff there.
Old 11-28-2007   #18
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 98407 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The article says this:

Are you saying this isn't true?

They are named the Titans because Nashville is "The Athens of the South." Basically, they want to crib some of Greek history without dealing with the particulars of the Titans--which is that they were kinda gross.

I think it's because Bud uses racoon fur for that thing on his head. I reckon that frickin thing attracts all kinds of critters.
Old 11-28-2007   #19
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 101383 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
This is what happens when you are at your parents house for Thanksgiving, you are hanging out with family, you are bored, and you have a video camera and know the Texans are playing the Titans next week.

You should see the outtakes. I might have to put together a Director's Cut.
Steph.. My sister and I choose to drink......... Heavily!!

I think the video was hugely funny... And thanks to Overalls too!!!
Old 11-28-2007   #20
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Fun comments to read here:

From Kissing Suzy Kolber (uh, they use strong language there):

Classics Major Illustrates How Titans And Citizens Of Tennessee Are So Alike

From With Leather (strong language there too):

MAYBE TENNESSEE SHOULD RETHINK 'TITANS'

Quote:
This little history lesson on the original Titans is chock-full o' incest (sex with mothers AND sisters), eating their own children, and the depenistration of one's father. Hey, just like Tennessee!

Nah, I'm just kiddin'. People from Tennessee don't eat babies.

Ahhhhh, trash talk, the modern way.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read