Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-28-2007   #101
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It's official: Sherman HC at Texas A&M

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWJD View Post
The Texans are still alive for a wild card berth...I don't think they'd want to give the new guy a trial run just to be nice and let Sherman go.

Too much on the line.

If Norv Turner is fired in SD he's a very good OC!

I would think the only OC this team would hire that is currently not with the team is Rick Dennison. Kubiak tried to bring him hear to be the OL coach when he was hired here. Shanahan would not let Kubiak take him, thus made him OC/OL coach. Then he went out and hired Mike Heimerdinger as the Asst. HC of the offense to be the real OC.

So I could Dennison wanting to be a OC for real, and he would understand the ZBS the way Kubiak had wanted to run it.

BTW Turner is not a WCO guy and Kubiak is not going to hire a non WCO type. And yes Turner is a decent OC, and he sucks as a HC.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #102
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
eh, it was one sentence that was not well thought out. Take a pill or something and relax...geesh.
Thanks for the retalitation negative feedback. Much obliged.
Old 11-28-2007   #103
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroHonda View Post
Thanks for the retalitation negative feedback. Much obliged.
I rarely give it (I tend to give positive rep even when I'm leaving negative comments acutally) but your hysterical neg rep/post was worth giving back. Don't give it if you can't take it I guess.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #104
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
While, I do not have a problem giving a young guy the reigns if he is qualified (I will have to trust Gary on this one), Kyle Shanahan is around 27 and Jason Garrett is 42, quite a difference.
I keep forgetting Kyle Shanahan is that young. Garrett in relative terms is still young.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007   #105
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
And that's puzzling. While I feel bad for the victims of Katrina, even before all that happened, I never understood the appeal of New Orleans to the NFL for Super Bowls and didn't agree with them "automatically" awarding them a SB after Katrina. It's basically, Miami, then city-with-a-new-stadium, then San Diego, then city-with-a-new-stadium, then Tampa, then city-with-a-new-stadium, and back to Miami to do it all over again. I just don't get it.

I also can say with pretty solid certainty that even though Houston put on a hell of a Super Bowl, we'll never see one again. It will go through the regular Miami-new stadium-New Orleans-San Diego rotation, but will add Dallas into the mix now that THEY have a new stadium. It blows.
Agree. I've partied in N.O. twice. Once when I was rush chairman of my frat in college and once on a New Years. I always feel horrible and remember the smell of urine and trash in the streets. I've never had the urge to go back. Plus I hate the look of the Superdome. That is why I can't stand the Sugar Bowl. It is like playing a game in a Home Depot. Plastic, hard floors and bright lights. Top Bowl Games and Super Bowls should be on grass and the Super Bowls in Miami or San Diego every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolution View Post
While, I do not have a problem giving a young guy the reigns if he is qualified (I will have to trust Gary on this one), Kyle Shanahan is around 27 and Jason Garrett is 42, quite a difference.
Agreed. Plus Garrett pretty much apprenticed under Aikman and studies the game. A Princeton guy who was always the understudy. I just like his chops better.
Old 11-29-2007   #106
NitroGSXR
Super Sic #58

Rep Power: 63721 NitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respectedNitroGSXR is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I rarely give it (I tend to give positive rep even when I'm leaving negative comments acutally) but your hysterical neg rep/post was worth giving back. Don't give it if you can't take it I guess.
Nah. Your asinine post about the victims of Katrina was well worth the price of a retalitory negative feedback from you. You rarely give it? I have a total of three negative reps and two are from you. Your retalitation just goes to show what you'll do when you don't think out your sentences.

Over the last month or so, your posts have shown more and more anger in them. Disinterest may be a better word but it's evident that there's been a change in your demeanor.

Awaiting my third negative rep from you. Maybe even a ban! You just might be petty enough. Whatever.

Carry on, sir.

Last edited by NitroGSXR; 11-29-2007 at 09:30 AM.
NitroGSXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007   #107
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 73160 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
no...many were blacked out and it was an ongoing problem till the team had it's 7 year playoff run in the Mike Holovak era. As a youngster I only got to see the team in our white jersies if my Father couldn't take me to games....Us local Houston kids never saw the team in our home blue.
The 2005 season Vinny.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read