Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-25-2007   #1
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Either win or lose...

But quit this .500 crap. Make the playoffs or give us a good draft pick. I just want something to look forward to one way or the other. Mediocrity SUCKS.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #2
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 240829 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Either win or lose...

This team has never been as good as 5-6 in its history. Revel in it.

Old 11-25-2007   #3
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

I wouldn't go that far as to say lose on purpose. Watching Kris Brown intentionally yank that field goal for the first round pick against the 49ers a few years ago almost made me sick. The team has improved, but there are players that we just need to accept aren't the answer, and thus accept that we have a lot of holes to fill. Owen needs to sit his ass on the bench, and we need to look for an adequate replacement for Schaub later on down the road. He is horrendously mediocre.

Sig by False Start on #69

Last edited by adam; 11-25-2007 at 03:29 PM. Reason: Historical brainfart.
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #4
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
I wouldn't go that far as to say lose on purpose. Watching Kris Brown intentionally yank that field goal for the first round pick against the Dolphins a few years ago almost made me sick. The team has improved, but there are players that we just need to accept aren't the answer, and thus accept that we have a lot of holes to fill. Owen needs to sit his ass on the bench, and we need to look for an adequate replacement for Schaub later on down the road. He is horrendously mediocre.
It was against the 49ers, but it didn't make me sick. I wanted him to do it. I wouldn't say that about Schaub either.

By the way, much better avatar.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #5
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I wouldn't go that far as to say lose on purpose. Watching Kris Brown intentionally yank that field goal for the first round pick against the Dolphins a few years ago almost made me sick. The team has improved, but there are players that we just need to accept aren't the answer, and thus accept that we have a lot of holes to fill. Owen needs to sit his ass on the bench, and we need to look for an adequate replacement for Schaub later on down the road. He is horrendously mediocre.
After shanking that kick on purpose, they flushed the pick down the toilet.
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #6
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
It was against the 49ers, but it didn't make me sick. I wanted him to do it. I wouldn't say that about Schaub either.

By the way, much better avatar.
My mistake.

To each their own. I just happen to find it really pathetic to throw a game for a better draft pick.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #7
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Could not DISAGREE more with the topic of this...what a terrible way of thinking
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 11-25-2007   #8
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
My mistake.

To each their own. I just happen to find it really pathetic to throw a game for a better draft pick.
I think we would have picked fourth had we won that game.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #9
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10496 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

This thread sucks.
Old 11-26-2007   #10
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJoker View Post
This thread sucks.
I forget sometimes that you can't "read" sarcastic tones. I would NEVER imply throwing a game for a draft pick, and I don't think Kris Brown shanked on purpose, either. I'm just saying the CONVERSATION is much more fun when you're either winning (think about what the boards were like after week 2) or arguing about a draft pick (Reggie/Vince, anyone?)

Oh, and if the Texans had picked 4th, we probably still would've ended up with Mario. And more cap room.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read