Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-26-2007   #41
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6844 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: It's official: Sherman HC at Texas A&M

So the offense played like garbage, and the same day Sherman gets a new job. i guess I know where his mind was.
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #42
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemurphy View Post
I'm a little disappointed but feeling quite hopeful. Why don't others feel that way?
I'm with you. I was not supportive of Kubiak earlier in the year, but with all the injuries (I know all teams have injuries), we've had and then losing D-Rob we've got to be patient with Kubiak. These have been very significant injuries covering a substantical portion or the entire season to key players.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #43
b0ng
Ooops

Rep Power: 68162 b0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respectedb0ng is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I don't think we will lose the team in any shape or form but when I go to the Saints game and 1/4 of the fans are in Gold and Black....it makes me wonder how long this franchise will keep selling out games going forward.
Well I think everybody knows why the Saints game was sold out before all of the other games on the schedule, and right now I think it's just indicative of the make-up of the population we have in Houston more than anything.

It's seeing people at Titans games sporting Young jerseys that really bugs me. But I think that the stadium is nice enough that the city of Houston will do all it can to make sure that at least the Texans are there for awhile. If I were living in Jacksonville I'd be a lot more worried about sellouts and teams moving really.

Didn't we sell out all of the games we played when we went 2-14? Were any of them subject to blackout?
Old 11-26-2007   #44
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
It was still shocking to see that much Saints gear on so many fans last week....it was revealing.
... residual katrinites?
Old 11-26-2007   #45
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

I think this was a weak hire by A&M. I fully expected them to bring in the salesman that could get people believing. Sherman makes Fran look like Jim Wacker.
Old 11-26-2007   #46
The1ApplePie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 79098 The1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respectedThe1ApplePie is a quality contributor and well respected

All the games are sold out because of scalpers.

I saw plenty of empty seats at the Saints game.

You notice they go by "Tickets Sold" not "Asses in Seats"
The1ApplePie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #47
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0ng View Post
Didn't we sell out all of the games we played when we went 2-14? Were any of them subject to blackout?
no...many were blacked out and it was an ongoing problem till the team had it's 7 year playoff run in the Mike Holovak era. As a youngster I only got to see the team in our white jersies if my Father couldn't take me to games....Us local Houston kids never saw the team in our home blue.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #48
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
....Us local Houston kids never saw the team in our home blue.
Yes we did... Section 430 (and sometimes, the temp. seating in the end zone)
Old 11-26-2007   #49
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
no...many were blacked out and it was an ongoing problem till the team had it's 7 year playoff run in the Mike Holovak era. As a youngster I only got to see the team in our white jersies if my Father couldn't take me to games....Us local Houston kids never saw the team in our home blue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yes we did... Section 430 (and sometimes, the temp. seating in the end zone)
read the bold. Fact is that we never got to see the home team on TV back then and as a kid there wasn't much we could do about it other than to listen to 740am

Old 11-26-2007   #50
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

i am not as happy as some of yall about this development as a Texans fan.

i have been moderately happy about the offense this year. too many turnovers and stupid mistakes but it has been night and day from the first 5 years of our franchise. Much more effective and explosive. Lacks consistency but we should be able to improve that.

however, as a Longhorn i am happy about this signing. Sherman is not the home run candidate that A&M needed to turn their program around. He just isn't going to wow anyone in regards to recruiting and he will probably struggle adjusting to the college game. i was worried that A&M would get Spurrier or Tubberville or Terry Bowden. those guys would have had a good shot at turning things around.
Old 11-26-2007   #51
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I think he was talking about the 2005 season
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #52
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
read the bold. Fact is that we never got to see the home team on TV back then and as a kid there wasn't much we could do about it other than to listen to 740am
I read that part, but it didn't work with me working in our family's season tickets... Thus, I only quoted the part that I did.

But thanks for taking things so seriously...
Old 11-26-2007   #53
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I read that part, but it didn't work with me working in our family's season tickets... Thus, I only quoted the part that I did.

But thanks for taking things so seriously...
I'm just relaying my fan experience as a child in Houston. You can assume what my state of mind is, but you are just guessing that I take you seriously at all thankyouverymuch.

Old 11-26-2007   #54
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Ah, the good ole days of Jerry Trupiano and Wally Lemm.

I think alot of the Saints gear was the same when the Oilers played here because of the driving distance. JJ also had alot of family members who were Saints fans. Add to the fact we have alot of New Orleans residents residing in Houston has to be another fact to consider.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #55
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I don't think we will lose the team in any shape or form but when I go to the Saints game and 1/4 of the fans are in Gold and Black....it makes me wonder how long this franchise will keep selling out games going forward.
That's kindof silly V.... have you forgotten about Katrina? The reason they sold 70,000 tickets to that game is because many people left New Orleans and never went back.

It's the same principle as seeing VY jerseys in Reliant when the Titans are there. We all hate it, but that's just the way it is.
Old 11-26-2007   #56
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansLucky13 View Post
That's kindof silly V.... have you forgotten about Katrina? The reason they sold 70,000 tickets to that game is because many people left New Orleans and never went back.

It's the same principle as seeing VY jerseys in Reliant when the Titans are there. We all hate it, but that's just the way it is.
Katrina displaced homeless and welfare folks. Those guys don't get to many NFL games. I don't think it's all that silly of me to expect the stadium to be filled with Texans gear and be a bit shocked at how much Saints gear was all around me.

Old 11-26-2007   #57
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Katrina displaced homeless and welfare folks. Those guys don't get to many NFL games. I don't think it's all that silly of me to expect the stadium to be filled with Texans gear and be a bit shocked at how much Saints gear was all around me.
I wasn't shocked at all when I was at the game. Many of those people have had time to get on their feet and get jobs since the hurricane. Considering the success of the Saints last season, I am not the least bit surprised that they would fork over 40-80 bucks to come see their team.
Old 11-26-2007   #58
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Katrina did not only displace homeless and people on welfare.
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007   #59
Vinny
shiny happy fan

OK, you guys were not shocked...I get it. I think I'm done with this thread. carry on

Old 11-26-2007   #60
cuppacoffee
Resident Grouch

Rep Power: 45929 cuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respectedcuppacoffee is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twitch-Houston View Post
Maybe Shanahan will bring some innovation. We've got the weapons to be a little more creative. The Pats put Seau in at fullback and the fullback at tailback. They ran a screen with Welker etc. Mix it up a little.

I agree Twitch

I would not be opposed to letting Sherman leave now.

His priorities will definitely shift...

Give Shanny the next five games to see if he could handle the job next year.

Not much of an audition, but it should give us a hint..

Plus, I don't think too many Packer fans who visited this site gave Sherman a ringing endorsement. And Packer fans know football.

Packers doing pretty well without him.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read