Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-23-2007   #21
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346
Default Re: Ron Dayne Joke Thread

Ever wonder why the Texans opponents don't have a live mascot?

Ron Dayne eats them as a pre-game snack.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #22
chicagotexan2
IDBLDogDareU

Rep Power: 132284 chicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respectedchicagotexan2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Ron Dayne is so fat, that when he wear high heels he strikes oil.

Ron Dayne is so fat, that when he wear high heels in the morning, by noon they are pumps.
Old 11-24-2007   #23
stevn8r
Zombie

Section: 117 Row F 18-19
Rep Power: 197 stevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respectedstevn8r is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to stevn8r

Whats 5'10", 245 lbs and eats Raiders and Saints for breakfast?

Thats Mister Dayne to you sir!

As long as he keeps a doin what he's a doin, I can't bring myself to tell the jokes, like,
He eats Raiders and Saints for breakfast......
he so fat, he went to the Grand canyon and got stuck.
he said "kiss my ass", and I said "which acre"
He's got more rolls than Thanksgiving Dinner!
Ok, I'm done
Old 11-24-2007   #24
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249374 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by n420p69 View Post
Can't believe Ron Dayne is actually doing something for you guys. He was horrible up here. Are you guys happy with him or think he is a bust?
Technically speaking Dayne can't be a bust for the Texans because we didn't draft him. He was signed for very reasonable money and has been a fairly steady back for us. He's nothing spectacular and never will be but when he's been given the lions share of the carries he's done a pretty good job. Look at his body of work since leaving New York and look at it objectively.

He spent one season mostly on the bench in Denver and he carried the ball 53 times for 270 yards. He averaged 5.1 yards a carry there in that system. Then he followed Gary Kubiak to Houston and when our young running backs failed to have an impact he became our primary ball carrier here. He started the season recovering from a turf toe injury but finished strong and ended with 151 carries for 612 yards and a 4.1 average.

This year he took a back seat to Ahman Green but Green was hurt at the beginning of the season and it's mostly been Dayne again. In 8 games he's run for 437 yards on 121 attempts. He's averaging 3.6 yards a carry but over the last two weeks that's turned into 5.0 yards a carry. Much like last year I think Dayne gets stronger as the season progresses.

I have always thought that the Giants didn't use Ron Dayne correctly. I don't think that's necessarily a big knock on them though because most NFL teams would pass on a guy who has to get that many touches to be effective. Dayne's "game" just doesn't translate well to pro football. He's awful splitting carries with somebody else (So having him and Tiki was a waste of time IMO) and the moment you fall behind and have to start throwing the ball you flush most any chance of him having a good day right down the toilet.

The one thing Dayne is great at is eating clock once you are ahead of the other team. Then you can keep handing him the rock and he builds up some steam. That makes him a situational player and not a feature back.
Old 11-24-2007   #25
RDillon
Rookie

As long as he holds on to the damn ball I am happy with 2 and 3 yard gains.
RDillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #26
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
Technically speaking Dayne can't be a bust for the Texans because we didn't draft him. He was signed for very reasonable money and has been a fairly steady back for us. He's nothing spectacular and never will be but when he's been given the lions share of the carries he's done a pretty good job. Look at his body of work since leaving New York and look at it objectively.

He spent one season mostly on the bench in Denver and he carried the ball 53 times for 270 yards. He averaged 5.1 yards a carry there in that system. Then he followed Gary Kubiak to Houston and when our young running backs failed to have an impact he became our primary ball carrier here. He started the season recovering from a turf toe injury but finished strong and ended with 151 carries for 612 yards and a 4.1 average.

This year he took a back seat to Ahman Green but Green was hurt at the beginning of the season and it's mostly been Dayne again. In 8 games he's run for 437 yards on 121 attempts. He's averaging 3.6 yards a carry but over the last two weeks that's turned into 5.0 yards a carry. Much like last year I think Dayne gets stronger as the season progresses.

I have always thought that the Giants didn't use Ron Dayne correctly. I don't think that's necessarily a big knock on them though because most NFL teams would pass on a guy who has to get that many touches to be effective. Dayne's "game" just doesn't translate well to pro football. He's awful splitting carries with somebody else (So having him and Tiki was a waste of time IMO) and the moment you fall behind and have to start throwing the ball you flush most any chance of him having a good day right down the toilet.

The one thing Dayne is great at is eating clock once you are ahead of the other team. Then you can keep handing him the rock and he builds up some steam. That makes him a situational player and not a feature back.

Very well put.
Old 11-24-2007   #27
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 51315 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
The one thing Dayne is great at is eating clock
I heard he likes his clock with a little salt and pepper served with a nice Chianti.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007   #28
Andrew6
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4661 Andrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respectedAndrew6 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANRED View Post
I heard he likes his clock with a little salt and pepper served with a nice Chianti.

I saw the joke in the whole eating clock thing but figured i'd let it go.
Old 11-25-2007   #29
False Start
On # 69

Section: 420
Rep Power: 80044 False Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respectedFalse Start is a quality contributor and well respected

RIP DIMEBAG DARRELL - 1966-2004 - GETCHA PULL!

CLIFF BURTON 1962-1986 - CLIFF EM' ALL!
False Start is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007   #30
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I wish Ron could gain as many yards per rush as he does pounds when he takes his hourly "snack breaks"
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read