Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2007   #21
DiehardChris
You betcha!

Rep Power: 1068 DiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respectedDiehardChris is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Johnson.....When Healthy..

The only receiver that I think is definitely better is Randy Moss. T.O. has all the stats, but he doesn't have good hands. He's just a freak athelete who is probably the best in the league at running after the catch.

Maybe Steve Smith. I thought maybe Marvin Harrison, but he's just not as explosive as AJ. I'd put AJ in the top 5 but after Moss I can't think of a WR who I immediately think in my mind is better.

www.HoustonDiehards.com
DiehardChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #22
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiehardChris View Post
The only receiver that I think is definitely better is Randy Moss. T.O. has all the stats, but he doesn't have good hands. He's just a freak athelete who is probably the best in the league at running after the catch.

Maybe Steve Smith. I thought maybe Marvin Harrison, but he's just not as explosive as AJ. I'd put AJ in the top 5 but after Moss I can't think of a WR who I immediately think in my mind is better.
Id put

Randy Moss
Marvin Harrison
Terrell Owens
Andre Johnson
Chad Johnson

In that order.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #23
brickman
Rookie

Rep Power: 10 brickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVPbrickman was voted MVP

He's easily our best athlete and what makes him so great is he makes a big play or scores and just hands the ball to the ref..... no dancing, prancing, etc....just back to the huddle for the next play. He's a PROFESSIONAL, something most of these other receivers know nothing about.
brickman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #24
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6163 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
He is leading the league in yards per game and yards per catch. He would've had an unbelievable year if he stayed healthy.
If he hadnt been hurt, he would be right in the mix with T.O and Moss in TD catches. I know thats tricky footing to walk in, but he has 4 tds in three games. Averaged out, that comes to around 12 TD catches. Thats pretty damn good. He is definatly a top 5 if not top 3 WR. He is one of the best, period.
Old 11-22-2007   #25
GuerillaBlack
Money!

Rep Power: 26409 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think he's a top 5 WR in the league. But because he's played for a crappy team his entire career he's not going to get the publicity that other guys have gotten
Two-time Pro-Bowler. He is getting recognition.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #26
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Id put

Randy Moss
Marvin Harrison
Terrell Owens
Andre Johnson
Chad Johnson

In that order.
no way chad (really fallen off) and marvin are better imo

mine would be:

moss
to
smith
aj
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #27
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335478 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
If he hadnt been hurt, he would be right in the mix with T.O and Moss in TD catches. I know thats tricky footing to walk in, but he has 4 tds in three games. Averaged out, that comes to around 12 TD catches. Thats pretty damn good. He is definatly a top 5 if not top 3 WR. He is one of the best, period.
Need to reproject there. 4 TD's in 3 games translates to almost 22 over a season.
Old 11-23-2007   #28
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Dating to last season, the Texans are 7-5 in their last 12 games, including 5-0 when Andre Johnson starts.

During that stretch, the only AFC teams with better records than the Texans are New England (12-0), Indianapolis (9-3) and Pittsburgh (8-4).
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/5323298.html
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #29
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 246932 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

The only knock on AJ in years past was his hands. This year, he hasn't dropped any key receptions. Granted, it's been limited action, but he's been money. Right now, irrespective of career numbers, there isn't a WR in the NFL I'd take over AJ.
Old 11-23-2007   #30
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc View Post
The only knock on AJ in years past was his hands.
Yup, but he worked a lot on them and it seems to have paid off. As you said, he has been money so far this year.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007   #31
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 221570 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Id put

Randy Moss
Marvin Harrison
Terrell Owens
Andre Johnson
Chad Johnson

In that order.
You just can't look at stats. Look at who the WRs have throwing to them. WR productivity ebbs and flows depending on how solid the QB play is....

Randy Moss
- Excelled with pre-injury Dante Culpepper
- Sucked with the QB trash out in Oakland
- Record-breaking pace with Tom Brady

Marvin Harrison
- Spent most of his career with Peyton. No doubt he and Peyton click. Legend has it Harrison was good before Peyton was drafted. But no one remembers back that far.

Terrell Owens
- Got on the map while playing with HoFer Steve Young. Some success with Jeff Garcia but soon wore out his welcome in SF.
- Did well in Philly with Donovan McNabb until his inner drama-queen emerged ...again.
- Is doing well, this year, with Tony Romo & Wade Phillips in dallas. As someone else said, his hands are B-/C+. But when he does make the catch, watch out. He makes his living on YAC stats

Andre Johnson
- Excels despite being paired with a bust (that's right, I said it) and "an unproven back-up" (according to all the preseason talking heads, we paid too much for Matt Schaub)
- IMO, Schaub-to-Johnson will become a household phrase if these two can stay healthy for the next 6-8 years. *burp* (sorry, I'm full of KoolAde)
- Someone on the NFLN (I think it was that "Sit 'em/Start 'em" guy) said today that AJ would be on pace to have a 1900/2000 yd season had he (and Schaub) been healthy all year.

Chad Johnson/Steve Smith
- When their main QBs (Delhomme & Palmer, respectively) are healthy, they excel. When their main guys are out, they suffer.
- Notice that Steve Smith never seemed to be "open" when DC was under center. Is that Steve Smith.'s fault..?
- Next year, rumor has it, we may see Chad Johnson with a different uni on. Wouldn't it be interesting if he ended up h....

Last edited by ObsiWan; 11-23-2007 at 06:30 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read