Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-08-2007   #21
BattleRedToro
Thread Killer

Rep Power: 3990 BattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respectedBattleRedToro is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Charles Spencer doubtful to play this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
The coaches like Chris White, a 24 yr old center. He may just earn starting time this season. So you can probably mark center off as a poistion of need.
Well until we see White play and play well, I don't think we can mark off Center as a need.
Old 10-08-2007   #22
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2575 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
I sincerely hope and pray that you are correct. That would be wonderful because the draft can be hit or miss (wow - newsflash, right?)

Anyone know any particular reason he's not seeing any time? Too raw? Great physical skills but still learning the position? Rehabbing from injury and not quite 100%?

Just askin'.......
He may not be ready yet. That or Kubiak is just loyal to a fault.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #23
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Don't the Texans have a lot of dead money coming off of the Salary Cap next year?
Old 10-09-2007   #24
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
I feel the need to throw an I told you so out there, but I'll refrain.
And I could say you were justified, but I won't.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #25
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 201896 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

IMO, we should shop free agency for CB and center as we have money and some good CB are avail in comparison to RB,LT or FS. We go LT, RB, FS BPA in draft.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #26
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 39179 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
I'm hoping we'll get a good run-stopping defensive end and maybe a solid mike linebacker.... Draft those in rounds 1 and 3 then go bargain shopping in 4-7 for a couple of WR's, RB, C, and LT.

Actually, I think in rounds 1 and 3 we should take RB, C, or LT - BPA. Rounds 4-7 go after depth at the other positions including whichever of the three above didn't get selected.

Of course, I'm not a general manager and my ineptitude at personnel decisions is demonstrated weekly in fantasy football.
With how well our run D has been this year I'm not sure that this is a concern.

As for Spencer, I've been "I hope he just gets back at all" mode since training camp so I say give him all the time he needs.

Does putting him on IR free up a roster spot?
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #27
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post

As for Spencer, I've been "I hope he just gets back at all" mode since training camp so I say give him all the time he needs.

Does putting him on IR free up a roster spot?
you missed the sarcasm

he was on the pup list so he wasnt taking a roster spot.. so no no extra roster spot..

seriously what realistic person can be surpriosed by spencer not playing this season
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2007   #28
real

Why does everyone think the Texans lied about his injury ?
Old 10-09-2007   #29
gjmac2
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 gjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden covergjmac2 could be on the next Madden cover

Why does everyone assume he will never play again?

The Texans, as an organization, take their time when dealing with injuries (Andre Johnson, Ahman Green, etc.). I think it's to early to jump to conclusions about Spencer never playing again.
Old 10-09-2007   #30
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
My comment about needing a mike linebacker and good run stopping D end sounded much more sarcastic in my head than what came across on the screen.
Old 10-09-2007   #31
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
seriously what realistic person can be surprised by spencer not playing this season
It's got nothing to do with being realistic. It has everything to do, for some, who haven't being paying close attention.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #32
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

very old news but searching around is all i could find about an update

oct 18th
Quote:
• LT Charles Spencer could play in 2008. ''We don't have any doubt that he's going to be able to play football again,'' Kubiak said. ''We're looking at next year, and I think we've really been working toward that the whole time. As a matter of fact, I saw him this morning. He looks good. You would never know he has the problem he has. That was a very serious injury and for the fact that he will be back and play going into next year is good for our franchise. It's very unfortunate.''
http://blogs.chron.com/sportsjustice..._schaub_e.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #33
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
I think we need to draft a new LT for the future. Putting our hands in a guy who missed almost all of 2006 and probably going to miss the entire 2007 season just doesn't sound too promising.
Not only that, but he has never really played in the NFL. And before that he barely played left tackle because he played on the defensive line before that.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #34
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post
CB Drayton Florence, UFA, San Diego Chargers
Drayton Florence was the player that gave Schaub his concussion when we played the Chargers. With Bennett clearly starting next season, the uncertainty about Dunta Robinson's horrific injury leads me to believe we really need another CB. We need 3 good cb's on our team to be successful against the pass and allow our DL that extra second to pressure the QB. If Dunta comes back 100% healthy for game 1 (which I'm personally skeptical about) and Bennett playing..I still think we need 1 more solid CB. I'd be fine with getting Florence so long as he doesn't hit schaub in practice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Not only that, but he has never really played in the NFL. And before that he barely played left tackle because he played on the defensive line before that.

That's what I've been saying as well. Spencer has played all of what? A game and a half in the NFL until he got injured? He'll be out for two whole seasons with no game experience, no practice experience etc.

Going into next season expecting Spencer to be our Franchise Left Tackle seems extremely foolish to me.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #35
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
That's what I've been saying as well. Spencer has played all of what? A game and a half in the NFL until he got injured? He'll be out for two whole seasons with no game experience, no practice experience etc.

Going into next season expecting Spencer to be our Franchise Left Tackle seems extremely foolish to me.
You forget that posters were projecting him to the Pro Bowl - during pre-season.

A tad premature.
Old 11-22-2007   #36
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't even understand why reporters even ask questions about the guy. As if he was a primetime player for us when he wasn't injured. I can't even tell you the guys number.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #37
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
You forget that posters were projecting him to the Pro Bowl - during pre-season.

A tad premature.
Reminds me of somebody else this season *cough*Jacoby*cough*

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read