Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-21-2007   #1
dalonestartitan
Rookie

Default Mario gets AFC Award

Whats more important the short term, or the long term.

I think, after Sunday's game, it is obvious that Reggie is a gimmick player, who can easily be game planned for. Reggie is talented, but not NFL talented.

http://www.footballgameplan.com/nfl-awards

Mario and Amobi really can set us up for the long term, where as Reggie can't anchor the saints offense.

We just may have made the better pick. All hate and envy and what could have been put aside.
dalonestartitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #2
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker
Default Re: Mario gets AFC Award

Kudos to him.
Old 11-21-2007   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

all mario needs now are games like that vs. vince.
Old 11-21-2007   #4
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerfuldragon View Post
all mario needs now are games like that vs. vince.
All Mario need now is to do that every game instead of once every 8 - 10 games.

Nobody disputes his talent/potential but his heart/desire to give 100% on every play of every game.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #5
dalonestartitan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
All Mario need now is to do that every game instead of once every 8 - 10 games.

Nobody disputes his talent/potential but his heart/desire to give 100% on every play of every game.
He had to be extra motivated for that game.
Old 11-21-2007   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
i dont dispute his effort at all.. i think its obvious the guys tries his best every play, based on what we see and what kubiak says... hes just learning the game
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #7
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
i dont dispute his effort at all.. i think its obvious the guys tries his best every play, based on what we see and what kubiak says... hes just learning the game
I agree.

There is a wallpaper I got off of the team site. It is a picture of Mario and Dunta celebrating in the end zone after Mario returned the fumble for a TD. The look of sheer joy is one you wouldn't find on a player who is just playing for paychecks and going through the motions.

The future is bright for the guy, and I am glad we'll get to see him progress.
Sponsored links
Old 11-21-2007   #8
dalonestartitan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I agree.

There is a wallpaper I got off of the team site. It is a picture of Mario and Dunta celebrating in the end zone after Mario returned the fumble for a TD. The look of sheer joy is one you wouldn't find on a player who is just playing for paychecks and going through the motions.

The future is bright for the guy, and I am glad we'll get to see him progress.
What I like about Mario, is that he was real humble before the draft. He really didn't know where he was going, and never claimed to be the best, he just wanted to play football, wherever he went. I remember his interview on the Jim Rome show where he though he might go to the saints.

Mario will be great. He's just a physical freak, and you can tell that he's coachable. This guy will be a stud.
Old 11-21-2007   #9
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

has anyone else observed Mario has his best games after extra rest (season opener/bye week)? makes me think he is still bothered by Planter Fascitis. I'm sure (hope at least) he is still being treated/therapy & wears special footwear keeping the foot rigid to maintain what looks like improved balance/power
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario has had two good games back to back. Granted it was against New Orleans and Oakland I think he's played really well. Hopefully this will continue through the rest of the season. I think his technique looks much better now than it ever has. I'm looking forward to this Cleveland game I think it's a big test for him and the rest of the team.
Old 11-21-2007   #11
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
has anyone else observed Mario has his best games after extra rest (season opener/bye week)? makes me think he is still bothered by Planter Fascitis. I'm sure (hope at least) he is still being treated/therapy & wears special footwear keeping the foot rigid to maintain what looks like improved balance/power

I remember during last weeks' game they were talking about how he is now standing up @ times on the line of scrimmage & rushing the passer. One of the reasons why they said he liked to stand is b/c it helps him breathe better.

Perhaps now since he isn't down in a 3 point stance every down, he's isn't wearing himself completely out on sundays & he's got just a bit more energy late in the games to make that play that we need.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007   #12
TheRealJoker
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15340 TheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respectedTheRealJoker is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TheRealJoker

I think standing him up helps him immensely.
Old 11-21-2007   #13
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
He had to be extra motivated for that game.
He needs to be motivated every game.
Old 11-21-2007   #14
Overalls
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 64 Overalls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respectedOveralls is a quality contributor and well respected

Remember at the begining of last season the coaches were moving around all over the place and puting him in different stances and it didn't work. Now with a season and a half under his belt their original plan may be starting to pay off. I was one of the ones who thought they were throwing to much at him when they did it last season but now it looks like it could be paying off.

Overalls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007   #15
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
Agreed. the glass is half full. Put this foot there, put that foot here. He can only get better with every snap.
Old 11-22-2007   #16
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawzer View Post
Mario has had two good games back to back. Granted it was against New Orleans and Oakland I think he's played really well. Hopefully this will continue through the rest of the season. I think his technique looks much better now than it ever has. I'm looking forward to this Cleveland game I think it's a big test for him and the rest of the team.
Agreed: Going to be a great game to forget about where the ball is and watch the match up between those two possible HOFers. They'll only meet once every four years or so unless they see each other in the play offs. Sunday's match up will be round one.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read