Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-27-2005   #21
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

hmm good break down pittbull, i jsy dont agree with airing it out the whole game, i mean capers is the coach and he likes to have a running team, now AJ will get his catches and still be an elite reciever, and Davis will still get his carries. I think this team does a good job at balancing the run and the pass, and if not for our D we coulda won alot more games, the offense (not offinsive line) did there job and gave us the chance to win every game we played. So now with an improved pass rush we should get more pressure on QBs and that often times turns into turnovers.
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #22
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default true

Pass rush has got to get alot better. We may be better off going in the market and offering Casey Hampton the world to come back home! One thing we have to remember in the 3-4, Nose tackle is the key. Has to be able to take on 2 blockers, big enough not to be moved, and agile enough to make tackles. Now, even though he was injured, he's the best in the game for that scheme. Payne is a good one, but get the elite if you can!
Old 01-27-2005   #23
red bull
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittbull
Pass rush has got to get alot better. We may be better off going in the market and offering Casey Hampton the world to come back home! One thing we have to remember in the 3-4, Nose tackle is the key. Has to be able to take on 2 blockers, big enough not to be moved, and agile enough to make tackles. Now, even though he was injured, he's the best in the game for that scheme. Payne is a good one, but get the elite if you can!
Casey Hampton isn't a free agent this year.
red bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005   #24
THEFUTURE
All Pro

pitt get your facts right before you go out saying who you want to bring in... im tired of it... the raiders are not going to shop buchanon... period, what Al Davis wants, he finds a way to get, he wont be letting buchanon go, and right now, he isnt good enough to start over drob or glenn, so whats the point of paying someone 30 mil +... so they can only play nickel packages for the next 2 years, pointless
THEFUTURE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005   #25
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull
Default my bad....

I apologize, I am mistaken. My Pittsburgh insider was giving me faulty information. Hampton is a restricted FA next season, but Kendrell Bell is available. Bell would be a great run stopping LB, but is horrible against the pass and injury prone. If the Texans think Peek cannot drop back into coverage, he's alot worse. He'll make Peek and Babin look like Deion Sanders and Rod Woodson. BUT the size on the guy. Talked to him once at the club, his peck hit me, before his hand shook mine!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read