Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-18-2007   #1
buddyboy
All Pro

Rep Power: 16087 buddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbuddyboy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Chron Poll

Well, I was browsing Chron.com and came upon this interesting little poll:

NFL POLL
Based on how they've performed so far in their NFL careers, which player should the Texans have taken first in the 2006 draft?

As of 4:00 today, the standings are as follows:

Joseph Addai 35%
Vince Young 33%
Reggie Bush 11%
Maurice Jones Drew 11%
Mario Williams 8%
Jay Cutler 3%

Opinions? I think VY is rated a liiiittle high, I agree with Addai's ranking, and I thought MJD should be higher as well.
buddyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #2
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam
Default Re: Chron Poll

33% for Vince Young? That should tell you something about the intelligence of some people, his NFL career has been atrocious.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #3
rollinstone18
let it bleed

Rep Power: 2574 rollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respectedrollinstone18 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
33% for Vince Young? That should tell you something about the intelligence of some people, his NFL career has been atrocious.
Hardly atrocious. Over-rated, yes, but atrocious? Come on.

I'm not sure if people who voted for Vince would rather have him over Schaub so I don't take these polls seriously. But, I'm perfectly fine with having Mario. A toss up between MJD and Addai would be my next choice.
rollinstone18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #4
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 283140 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post

I'm good with Mario on our side. But I tell you, Vince Young will, in the long run, be much more valuable to the Titans than Bush will ever be with whoever the Saints trade him to.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #5
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollinstone18 View Post
Hardly atrocious. Over-rated, yes, but atrocious? Come on.

I'm not sure if people who voted for Vince would rather have him over Schaub so I don't take these polls seriously. But, I'm perfectly fine with having Mario. A toss up between MJD and Addai would be my next choice.
How else would you describe him? Here are his career numbers:

Comp.%: 54.8, Yards: 3311, TDs: 16, INTs: 23, Avg.YPP: 6.0
Rush.Yards: 796, TDs: 9, Fumbles: 17 (4 lost).

That's pretty bad, and doesn't look like it's going to get better over the course of this season.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #6
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

how about a realistic possibility- id go with either aj hawk or cutler (although im glad we didnt since it led us to schaub)
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #7
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm happy with Mario, but I voted for Addai based on what he did his rookie year. I've kept up with him since his high school days at Houston Sharpstown.
Old 11-18-2007   #8
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

Vince is definitely overrated. He can't throw the ball. I will give him the leadership qualities and ability to scramble. It will catch up to him though.

I think Addai and MJD should be the two highest rated on the poll.
Old 11-18-2007   #9
Allstar
Bona fide

Rep Power: 18186 Allstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respectedAllstar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
how about a realistic possibility- id go with either aj hawk or cutler (although im glad we didnt since it led us to schaub)
What do you mean a realistic possibility? All possibilities were realistic- we had the #1 Pick.
Allstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #10
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by allstars View Post
What do you mean a realistic possibility? All possibilities were realistic- we had the #1 Pick.

realistically were we going to take addai (whos decent but hasnt blown me away) or mjd (who i like alot but was graded as a 2nd rounder) with the #1?
Old 11-18-2007   #11
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

#1- Demeco Ryans
#33- Marcus McNeil
#65- Eric Winston
#66- Jerious Norwood

Coulda looked nice.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #12
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67501 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maddict5 View Post
realistically were we going to take addai (whos decent but hasnt blown me away) or mjd (who i like alot but was graded as a 2nd rounder) with the #1?
Obviously not back then, but that's the whole point at looking back at it now.

Addai is a top 5 running back in the NFL IMO.

First and foremost he runs so smart. He really understands situations very well. He knows how to avoid alot of punishment without having to go down too early. The way he shifts tackles and distributes hits throughout his body, he should be playing in the league for quite awhile. He also runs very hard. He stays low and drives his legs on every carry.

Another thing about him is his pass protection. He really does a good job in pass protection. He also runs routes and takes audibles from Peyton very well, from what it looks like.

He is just a really smart football player.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007   #13
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Obviously not back then, but that's the whole point at looking back at it now.

Addai is a top 5 running back in the NFL IMO.

First and foremost he runs so smart. He really understands situations very well. He knows how to avoid alot of punishment without having to go down too early. The way he shifts tackles and distributes hits throughout his body, he should be playing in the league for quite awhile. He also runs very hard. He stays low and drives his legs on every carry.

Another thing about him is his pass protection. He really does a good job in pass protection. He also runs routes and takes audibles from Peyton very well, from what it looks like.

He is just a really smart football player.
i dont know, maybe i amnt watching him close enough but, while i think hes a nice upgrade on edge, he just strikes me as a good rb- by that i mean hes solid, versatile, pretty productive and smart.. but he doesnt strike me as particularly explosive or has blown me away with his performances (bar that nice screen v the pats)

i wouldnt take him #1 tbh

btw did anybody see MJB blow up merriman on 1 of garrards td's.. what a tank
Old 11-18-2007   #14
Htownsportsfan
All Pro

Rep Power: 128 Htownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respectedHtownsportsfan is a quality contributor and well respected

It just goes to show you what a crap shoot the draft is even with all the prep that goes into it. Go look at the top ten in the 06 draft, its possible Huff and Hawk are performing the best if you take all of the emotion out of it.

Support our troops
Htownsportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read