Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-27-2005   #21
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by wags
I really hope we get at least one C/G in the draft. If we have the same 3 inside guys as last year I'll be dissapointed.

This group we have now seemed to "gel" in the running game as the year went on, but I saw zero "gel" in the pass protection.
I am not predicting zero draft picks for the OL and really hope the Texans take David Baas in the 2nd to compete with/back up McKinney and/or Weigert. Just not sure that even if they do draft him or someone else he will break into the opening day line-up.
Old 01-27-2005   #22
Lucky

Rep Power: 119828 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak
I am not predicting zero draft picks for the OL and really hope the Texans take David Baas in the 2nd to compete with/back up McKinney and/or Weigert. Just not sure that even if they do draft him or someone else he will break into the opening day line-up.
I think there's a very good chance that David Baas is in a NFL starting lineup next season. Of the teams that Baas could start for, I would think that the Texans would be near the top of the list.
Old 01-27-2005   #23
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
I think there's a very good chance that David Baas is in a NFL starting lineup next season. Of the teams that Baas could start for, I would think that the Texans would be near the top of the list.
Call it tempering my enthusiasm for having McKinney replaced. Plus, the center has some assignments to make so it might take a little time past opening day for the playbook, calls, etc. to sink in. I would expect him if drafted to beat McKinney out at some point in the season. Kind of like McCree took about 4 weeks to take over from Stevens because he was learning the system. There is more for a rookie to learn so it might not get done by opening day. Would love if he got drafted and was there opening day.
Old 01-27-2005   #24
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

We will take the best player available for the 13th pick........Don Capers said
I just hope it is a bruising OL guy, Even if they do not start those guys need some help.

Thanks for the info Griz, Nice input

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read