Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-16-2007   #81
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 138 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Is Reggie going to play?

Just as an update since I mentioned it earlier, Jammal Brown didn't practice today nor has he practiced all week and is now listed as doubtful for the game. Second year man Zack Strief will start at LT of Brown indeed can't go. This is a virtual certainty in my opinion since I don't recall anyone who couldn't practice on Friday playing on Sunday during Payton's tenure here.

Good news for your Dline as Brown was getting back to last season's form before he hurt his calf last week. I have some amount of confidence in Strief in that I don't think he will be anything approaching a disaster - he's done admirably when called upon, especially for a 7th round pick - but I'm sure we won't be as likely to "leave him on an island" if you will and will have to adjust blocking schemes in order to compensate. Takes away some offensive flexibility if nothing else.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #82
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 28016 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlam View Post
Just as an update since I mentioned it earlier, Jammal Brown didn't practice today nor has he practiced all week and is now listed as doubtful for the game. Second year man Zack Strief will start at LT of Brown indeed can't go. This is a virtual certainty in my opinion since I don't recall anyone who couldn't practice on Friday playing on Sunday during Payton's tenure here.

Good news for your Dline as Brown was getting back to last season's form before he hurt his calf last week. I have some amount of confidence in Strief in that I don't think he will be anything approaching a disaster - he's done admirably when called upon, especially for a 7th round pick - but I'm sure we won't be as likely to "leave him on an island" if you will and will have to adjust blocking schemes in order to compensate. Takes away some offensive flexibility if nothing else.
I'm sorry that Brown is hurt, but that could potentially be great news for the Texans.

The loss of Brown definitly hurts y'all more then the loss of Green hurts us.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007   #83
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 138 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
I'm sorry that Brown is hurt, but that could potentially be great news for the Texans.

The loss of Brown definitly hurts y'all more then the loss of Green hurts us.
I agree actually. Brown is a bit streaky as an offensive lineman it seems, but when he's playing well, he's easily one of the best in the game. Not having him limits us no doubt.
jlam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007   #84
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Here's some thought.

Reggie is going to play because there is nothing on the injury report that says otherwise. But that being said...

He reportedly got a concussion against the Rams.

The Rams had at the time the 25th rated run defense. Reggie didn't do so good at running that week. He got 7 carries for 17 yards.

He didn't practice much that week because of what he described as a "knee bone bruise." He said it didn't hurt that much at the time he banged it, but it hurt later that night. He said that there wasn't any swelling though. No team official mentioned the "bone bruise" that was Reggie's description.

So, Bush is coming to play the Texans coming off a ragging performance after not practicing with a knee bruise, and then suffered a concussion from a helmet to helmet hit in the Rams game that knocked him out of game temporarily. He was described as being woozy after that game.

When he was asked this week why he hadn't had a break out performance this year he responded:

"I'd rather skip that question," Bush said. "I don't want to answer that question."

Of course, after not having a break out game this season, suffering a knee bone bruise and a mild concussion, that probably means that he will have a killer game against the Texans defense. I will be really interested to see what the defensive play calling looks like this week.

My prediction torch, torch, torch, uh er duh, maybe we should adjust something.
Old 11-17-2007   #85
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Well T.C., you see the guy running down WRs on reveres...you know the tallnet is there. But clearly, after two position coaches and twenty five games,I mean , you can teach a horse to stomp the ground four times when you say "what is two plus two ?". Doesn't mean the horse understands the concept of computation. After twenty five games...you gotta start to wonder what this horse is capable of processing ? The guy still has one move in the bag...the bull rush. That's it. You see another one please let us know.
So you are calling Mario dumber than a horse? Well I am curious as to what you have seen at practice that they are teaching him? Before certain people who like to only blame Mario for all of our defensive line problems and leave out every other lineman (head scratcher there, I mean agenda) and there was nothing new in any scheme until last week and it was on three plays only. If the coaches can't seem to figure out how to change their play calling or change their schemes how in the hell do you expect them to teach anyone a pass rush move?
Old 11-17-2007   #86
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
Of course, after not having a break out game this season, suffering a knee bone bruise and a mild concussion, that probably means that he will have a killer game against the Texans defense. I will be really interested to see what the defensive play calling looks like this week.

My prediction torch, torch, torch, uh er duh, maybe we should adjust something.
Reggie is too well known to have a huge game against the Texans. He will probably get hurt early and Pierre Thomas will rush for 200 yards
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007   #87
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
Reggie is too well known to have a huge game against the Texans. He will probably get hurt early and Pierre Thomas will rush for 200 yards
I don't know about that.

Signed,
Antonio Gates Getting Wide Open
Old 11-17-2007   #88
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
I don't know about that.

Signed,
Antonio Gates Getting Wide Open
True. Are we going to have to worry about Billy Miller having a huge game because he wasn't re-signed by the Texans?
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read