Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-12-2007   #261
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Same reason you do, titans boards are crap and so are the dolphins and you need a better place to discuss football with those that actually have an intellict versus the tinheads whom we can tell they have no intellict.

How is this we can tell? Simple, they are titan fans aren't they?

I can tell

http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=finish

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #262
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by m5kwatts View Post
VY sucks gimme David Carr over that clown
It's actually hard to tell much of a difference between Carr and Young. Neither can throw TD passes, both turn the ball over constantly, both take to long to throw the ball, neither one throws the deep ball accurately. Vince Young is a better runner, but I would say that Carr throws the football better (which is pretty sad if you're a Titan fan). Ultimately, they both suck. Carr is a bust, and Young is well on his way.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #263
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Same reason you do, titans boards are crap and so are the dolphins and you need a better place to discuss football with those that actually have an intellict versus the tinheads whom we can tell they have no intellict.

How is this we can tell? Simple, they are titan fans aren't they?

Spell checking smack is generally weak & irritating but sometimes it can be priceless.

LMAO,you question our intellect yet you can't even spell it.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #264
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Spell checking smack is generally weak & irritating but sometimes it can be priceless.

LMAO,you question our intellect yet you can't even spell it.
Nope I am an extremely horrible speller, especially when I do not proof read what I typed.

But with that said, you did not disagree with my comments or the premise of them.

Now that is priceless.
Old 11-12-2007   #265
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Titans fans come here to keep up on what's happening with our divisional rival.

Dolphins fans feel camaraderie with fellow bottom feeders.
Old 11-12-2007   #266
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

LOL. Nice comeback,I was dealing with it as a separate issue.
Old 11-12-2007   #267
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i actually have an account over at the Titans forum as well. i guess with them i wanted to share my feelings of having a miserable QB.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #268
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we need to get back to the topic of the thread. VY is the best QB in the NFL.

That's the funniest thing I have ever heard.

Peyton Manning?
Tom Brady?
Tony Romo?
Brett Favre?
Ben Roethlisberger?
You can make an argument for any of these QB's. Right now VY is no where even close to being in that class.

He has played like David Carr this year.
Running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage.
Takes off to run when he feels pressure.
Holds the ball way to long.

VY is not a QB. Good athlete, yes.

You can call me a hater,a bigot, or a Texans homer if you like. I don't care. I don't see VY being an elite passer. That's just the way I see it.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #269
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Know what really amuse me is a Dolphin fan coming on the Texans board and talking sh*t about the Titans. Now that is grasping at something ... not really sure what it is.

Also you do not find it completely asinine that this thread has gone on for 13 pages. I just felt I might as well keep it going ... I mean do Texans fans really have so much man love for Young? A Qb who has been dogged for 13 pages? He is either terrible and it should be let to die ... or alot of the fans do not actually believe the tripe they are selling in this thread.

No other QB in the NFL gets as much attention as the effort put into this thread on ANY board. Not Manning, not Brady ... so what is the deal really?

Personally I would keep him on a short leash in our next game ... if he starts to suck again ... maybe it is time to sit him for a bit and just let him get his composer back.
That's because people from Houston have been knowing about this guy since he was early in high school. Did you forget he is from Houston? In other words, we have been kind of waiting to talk about this.

Your just starting to figure him out. Probably the main reason you can't see that he is regressing, not progressing.

Last edited by TexansSeminole; 11-12-2007 at 09:16 PM.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #270
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
That's because people from Houston have been knowing about this guy since he was early in high school. Did you forget he is from Houston? In other words, we have been kind of waiting to talk about this.

Your just starting to figure him out. Probably the main reason you can't see that he is regressing, not progressing.
His high school game against Bobby Reid was epic. It might be better than the USC game.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #271
RTP2110
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 6845 RTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respectedRTP2110 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
i actually have an account over at the Titans forum as well. i guess with them i wanted to share my feelings of having a miserable QB.
hilarious....must spread rep....
RTP2110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #272
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

It will be the same with Sam McGuffie as well. We will wait to talk about his NFL performance and when he has shown enough to talk about in the NFL (if he gets there obviously). We will have another 20 page thread.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #273
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Or maybe you are so jaded in your view of him that you waist 14 pages talking about a guy that is not on your team.

If he has been there so long why mums the word now. That argument makes as much sense as a Dolphin fan on a non division board.

Old 11-13-2007   #274
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
It will be the same with Sam McGuffie as well. We will wait to talk about his NFL performance and when he has shown enough to talk about in the NFL (if he gets there obviously). We will have another 20 page thread.
Maybe you should start a thread where only you speak ... that sounds like a winner??!!

Well at least you know you would finally win an argument!

Old 11-13-2007   #275
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
Only fin fan I saw on goTitans was a racist SOB that asked us why we would bother with another "darky" QB ... moments before he was banned.

Please do not tell me you are that dense?

Old 11-13-2007   #276
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Only fin fan I saw on goTitans was a racist SOB that asked us why we would bother with another "darky" QB ... moments before he was banned.

Please do not tell me you are that dense?

YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #277
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Also you do not find it completely asinine that this thread has gone on for 13 pages. I just felt I might as well keep it going ... I mean do Texans fans really have so much man love for Young? A Qb who has been dogged for 13 pages? He is either terrible and it should be let to die ... or alot of the fans do not actually believe the tripe they are selling in this thread.
I dont find it completely asinine at all considering the following:
a) He's a local guy
b) He became the savior of a perenial powerhouse (God it pained me to say that), that brought a National Championship back to an illustrious program with about 50,000 students enrolled each year.
c) Many who pimped him in college wanted him to be drafted by the Texans (what a Cindarella story for the hometown guy to come home) - but was never really in the mix
d) The rivalry between schools like Texas & Texas A&M fuel the fire.(sorry Fresno State v. Cal Berkley ain't the same - so I guess you wouldnt get it)
e) That fat, cheap suit wearin', drunkard, with a bad rug that ripped our Oilers drafted him. Not because of the advice of Fisher and Chow who wanted to draft Leinart, but only to stick it to the city where that a-hole made his fortune.
f) Divisional rivalry with said loser in 'e)' above and his Tinnbreads from Tennessee.
g) Heck, some of us, our high schools were rivals to Madison.
h) Some of us were always correct about his passing abilities, or there lack of.
i) Is it man-love or dogging?? I mean in one sentence you talk about 13 pages and man-love, then in the very next sentence you mention 13 pages of 'dogging'... which is it???
j) We used to bash Gary Coleman errrrrrr, Byron Sandwich and he has NO local ties other than having played for a divisional rival... Dont think for a minute that we can't ride out a thread on 'he who walks on water' and his over-hyped NFL existence.

Quite the balls to tell Texans fans that they should 'let it die'.. That makes as much sense as me going to gotits.com and telling them to stop calling us 'Moos'.. Stupid - huh?? (by the way, the whole 'Moo' thing is pretty weak and doesn't really offend me in the slightest).

He is terrible and this is Texans message board. We can run this thread throughout his entire career if we so choose. We not only beleive what we are saying about him - many of us are gloating over it...

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 11-13-2007 at 09:36 AM.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007   #278
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

This thing still going. How can anyone call VY a bust because of this year when they have zero talent on offense and the same people will bend over backwards for Mario. This VY argument has become quite obsessive. He still makes some plays so I'll reserve any talk for a bit.
Old 11-13-2007   #279
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
This thing still going. How can anyone call VY a bust because of this year when they have zero talent on offense and the same people will bend over backwards for Mario. This VY argument has become quite obsessive. He still makes some plays so I'll reserve any talk for a bit.
Talent around him doesn't throw the ball to the wrong shoulder on a slant route that results in bouncing off the receiver's back shoulder (where the reciever never had a chance) and into the hands of the d-back covering him... Sorry.

What play did he make Sunday??.. The first TD reception that he's thrown in 5 or 6 weeks had to be hauled in by one hellavu catch from the reciever.

Bust??! No, I am not ready to call him a bust after a season and a half. Steve McNair took a few years to figure out the passing game in the NFL. But to not think that he's regressed and looks completely lost is looking through rose colored glasses.
Old 11-13-2007   #280
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Talent around him doesn't throw the ball to the wrong shoulder on a slant route that results in bouncing off the receiver's back shoulder (where the reciever never had a chance) and into the hands of the d-back covering him... Sorry.

What play did he make Sunday??.. The first TD reception that he's thrown in 5 or 6 weeks had to be hauled in by one hellavu catch from the reciever.

Bust??! No, I am not ready to call him a bust after a season and a half. Steve McNair took a few years to figure out the passing game in the NFL. But to not think that he's regressed and looks completely lost is looking through rose colored glasses.
TB, I never said the guy was doing well. He obviously is having a tough season and looks pretty crappy at times. He definitely looks lost at times. I'm not some VY or UT homer. I just think the guy is a really good player whom I respect. I think as times goes on he will figure it out a little more. I know it sucks all the time to hear...."we should have taken VY" but it isn't VYs fault and I think 14 pages of trying to make the guy out to be the anti-Christ is a little bit of sour grapes since we have our own problems with who we picked. Him sucking isn't going to cover the fact that we have our own sucking going on. That's my main problem. But they don't have jack on the team to help him so we will see. I'd like to see what he does this off-season. He has always stepped up when questioned so it will be interesting. Overall I'm not defending his play as much as wondering why people are just trying to feel better about our misery since that is all we have heard about...VY.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read