Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-12-2007   #241
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by M Shadows View Post
The race card being played again. How sad. I was called a bigot by someone because I don't think VY is very bright.

Ignorance.
Just be thankful you missed out on the months of led up to the 06 draft. There was some real ugliness being thrown around.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #242
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I'm with you about not turning this into a slavery/racism thread. Which is why it was a dumb remark for Second Honeymoon to make. And yes, slavery was an issue but look further: state's rights buddy. Slavery=a minor issue at the time. The real problem=stave government vs. national government. The Confederacy wanted each state to have their own sovereignty. The United States did not. This is also the single biggest reason why the Confederacy lost the war. An inability to command a SINGLE Confederate Army as opposed to multiple state militias. I could be wrong on the state but South Carolina had an overflow of artillery and uniforms. They refused to share with the rest of the Confederate Army as they wanted to look out for their own state's interests. But enough about this.
All of what you said was born mainly out of the slavery issue. South wanted to continue to do it as they felt it was within their states' right & their economy depended heavily on slave labor, The north said no, so i would say it was mainly about slavery, just not directly.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #243
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoth-Boy View Post
Just be thankful you missed out on the months of led up to the 06 draft. There was some real ugliness being thrown around.
I was around but under a different name.......

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #244
Ckw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
All of what you said was born mainly out of the slavery issue. South wanted to continue to do it as they felt it was within their states' right & their economy depended heavily on slave labor, The north said no, so i would say it was mainly about slavery, just not directly.
You are correct. The problem is people deny this issues of sectionalism and federalism. A lot more of it had to do with government control, and the South wasn't about to be told how the states were to run their governments. Take in the broad picture. It wasn't just slavery. Slavery was a contributing factor among many contributing factors all leading to the abolishment (or close to) of state's rights. The federal government was fighting to be the supreme law of the land.
Old 11-12-2007   #245
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow View Post
Don't listen to a dolphins fan ... they do not even know what winning means.
You've got to be kidding me. Are you completely clueless about NFL history and the success of past Miami teams? They know about winning, much more than either of our teams or cities.

You should take a break, buddy. Your trolling efforts are getting weaker and weaker. Take a walk in the sunshine and clear your head or something. I expect better from you.
Old 11-12-2007   #246
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94101 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
You are correct. The problem is people deny this issues of sectionalism and federalism. A lot more of it had to do with government control, and the South wasn't about to be told how the states were to run their governments. Take in the broad picture. It wasn't just slavery. Slavery was a contributing factor among many contributing factors all leading to the abolishment (or close to) of state's rights. The federal government was fighting to be the supreme law of the land.
Completely agree, there's always more than just 1 reason why a nation goes to war, it just kind of rubs me the wrong way when i listen, read or hear someone talk about the civil war & downplay how significant an issue slavery was back then, even if it was in the same vein as the other reasons.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #247
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You've got to be kidding me. Are you completely clueless about NFL history and the success of past Miami teams? They know about winning, much more than either of our teams or cities.

You should take a break, buddy. Your trolling efforts are getting weaker and weaker. Take a walk in the sunshine and clear your head or something. I expect better from you.
before this season, Miami was the winningest franchise of all time. but these facts don't really matter, it's obvious when a guy has no argument at all that he's just going to spout ridiculous insults.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #248
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Completely agree, there's always more than just 1 reason why a nation goes to war, it just kind of rubs me the wrong way when i listen, read or hear someone talk about the civil war & downplay how significant an issue slavery was back then, even if it was in the same vein as the other reasons.
it's a lot easier for people to paint that broad brush though. they like to romanticize a South that's so inbred and racist that they would start a war because the North didn't like the whole slavery thing.
Old 11-12-2007   #249
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

On the upside, 'his highness' QB rating went from 36.5 last week up to 64.8 this week, which is slightly better than his season Rating of 62.2
Old 11-12-2007   #250
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
On the upside, 'his highness' QB rating went from 36.5 last week up to 64.8 this week, which is slightly better than his season Rating of 62.2
That's an improvement of his 51.5% rating last year! Way to go!
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #251
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Yeah Bill ya know but ya know all he does is ya know win games.

The 2nd half against the Jags we played no huddle & he was much more comfortable. The Titans are trying to teach him to play QB from the pocket & it's fugly.

I'm not at all surprised Texans fans are laughing their butts off. Longterm if he masters it we'll be in a good position. If he can't do it & they go back to using him out of the shotgun & the spread offense he'll always be known as a running QB but we'll still be in a decent position.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #252
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Yeah Bill ya know but ya know all he does is ya know win games.

The 2nd half against the Jags we played no huddle & he was much more comfortable. The Titans are trying to teach him to play QB from the pocket & it's fugly.

I'm not at all surprised Texans fans are laughing their butts off. Longterm if he masters it we'll be in a good position. If he can't do it & they go back to using him out of the shotgun & the spread offense he'll always be known as a running QB but we'll still be in a decent position.
LMAO, ya know...

I dont know that he looked anymore comfortable than the Jags just got caught off balance. Once they adjusted it was the same ol story. I was reading a thread on GoTitans.com where people were hinting to a possible tiff between Chow and Young.. From what I remember, Fisher and Chow, both wanted Leinart (SC - of course) and that it was entirely Bud's decision to go with VY. Anyway, he still has a chance to develop into a pocket passer - because it didn't come overnight for McNair either. The difference is, McNair could throw the ball decent prior to learning to be a pocket passer. VY is a terrible passer, and I dont know that its something that can be corrected or not.

I hope he does stay in the spread offense. It doesn't take too long for teams to figure offenses out in this league.. See the run-and-shoot.. The spread offense is, for all itents and purposes, a cousin to the run-and-shoot.
Old 11-12-2007   #253
m5kwatts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 876 m5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respectedm5kwatts is a quality contributor and well respected

VY sucks gimme David Carr over that clown
m5kwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #254
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to Blazing Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post

Know what really amuse me is a Dolphin fan coming on the Texans board and talking sh*t about the Titans. Now that is grasping at something ... not really sure what it is.

Also you do not find it completely asinine that this thread has gone on for 13 pages. I just felt I might as well keep it going ... I mean do Texans fans really have so much man love for Young? A Qb who has been dogged for 13 pages? He is either terrible and it should be let to die ... or alot of the fans do not actually believe the tripe they are selling in this thread.

No other QB in the NFL gets as much attention as the effort put into this thread on ANY board. Not Manning, not Brady ... so what is the deal really?

Personally I would keep him on a short leash in our next game ... if he starts to suck again ... maybe it is time to sit him for a bit and just let him get his composer back.

RIP Steve ... you showed us what a warrior truly is.
Blazing Arrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #255
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

your deflection move isn't really working so well, focus on the target.
Old 11-12-2007   #256
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Know what really amuse me is a Dolphin fan coming on the Texans board and talking sh*t about the Titans. Now that is grasping at something ... not really sure what it is.
You are one to talk.

Your sig is of a QB that doesn't even play for your team and is about to retire.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #257
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Rep Power: 258 Blazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respectedBlazing Arrow is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
You are one to talk.

Your sig is of a QB that doesn't even play for your team and is about to retire.
I have had several sigs deleted for not meeting the requirments of the board. This was the one that stuck .... plus I am still a McNair fan just not the team he is on.

How does that relate? It is not like he never played on the team. I guess Childress should be ashamed to have his name as well right?

Old 11-12-2007   #258
Blazing Arrow
Work'n da grill

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
your deflection move isn't really working so well, focus on the target.
How is replying to someone who quoted me a "deflection"?

Why do you post here?

Old 11-12-2007   #259
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Awesome!!!!

Hey Kastofsna and Arrow!! Stop the rappin' and start the scrappin'!!!
Old 11-12-2007   #260
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How is replying to someone who quoted me a "deflection"?

Why do you post here?
Same reason you do, titans boards are crap and so are the dolphins and you need a better place to discuss football with those that actually have an intellict versus the tinheads whom we can tell they have no intellict.

How is this we can tell? Simple, they are titan fans aren't they?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read