Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" Rival fans & lighthearted smack talk. Keep it light and leave the mean spirited stuff at home please.

Old 11-12-2007   #221
Mr teX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 111928 Mr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respectedMr teX is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Vince Young is the best QB in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110 View Post
Here's one thing I noticed about VY today. About 80 percent of his completions are to stationary targets. He really struggles completing passes to guys on the move. The few throws he does complete to moving targets are usually inaccurate.

Rich Gannon was critical of many of VY's throws throughout the game today.
Pretty much dead on right there. He looks great on curls, but when the target is moving, he struggles, he'll maybe hit 2 out of 5 accurately, the rest will be the WR making a great play. In college he could get away with being inaccurate largely b/c he was throwing to top talent & the windows are larger- that's if he even had to throw. In the pros, the window is substantially smaller.

The book is out on him is all you're seeing now. Teams are forcing him to beat them with his arm & he can't quite do it just yet b/c he hasn't had to do that consistently..... ever. Time will tell if he can or cannot. I read on the titans MB that some are blaming Fisher/Chow's offense which i can definitely see a little, but red zone int's, hitting WR's accurately, reading the defense & generally getting on the same page with your WRs isn't on the coaches, it's your QB.
Mr teX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #222
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
Pretty much dead on right there. He looks great on curls, but when the target is moving, he struggles, he'll maybe hit 2 out of 5 accurately, the rest will be the WR making a great play. In college he could get away with being inaccurate largely b/c he was throwing to top talent & the windows are larger- that's if he even had to throw. In the pros, the window is substantially smaller.
EXACTLY... I'm sure Limus Sweed would make me look good throwing a fade.
Old 11-12-2007   #223
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
First of all, ROTY is only awarded to guys "in year one".

He won the ROTY simply because of his rushing abilities and that seems to not be working at all this year. Last year he averaged 6.7 yards per run and had 7 rushing TDs. This year he is averaging 3.9 yards per run and has only 2 rushing TDs.

He certainly didn't win it with a 51.5% completion percentage, 6.2 yards per attempt, and more INTs than TDs passing. He won the ROTY last year inspite of him having a 66.7 QB rating last year.
So you choose to skip the part where me a Titans fan, honestly points out Young's flaws & you come back with this crap.What's with the ROTY fixation?You had one as well on Defense,great player IMO.

If your using a braile screen & keyboard I apologize. Maybe you could wipe the drool & food off them give it another shot at reading my post.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #224
BigBull17
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 9755 BigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respectedBigBull17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
maybe after his 4th team the Texans will throw him a bone and sign him as their 3rd QB.
Mybe as the 3rd Wr/RB/Gimmic player/Option player. He looked awful yesterday.
Old 11-12-2007   #225
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBull17 View Post
Mybe as the 3rd Wr/RB/Gimmic player/Option player. He looked awful yesterday.
LMAO.. Earlier I wondered if he could play corner. I know he's 6'-5", but he is fast...
Old 11-12-2007   #226
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
So you choose to skip the part where me a Titans fan, honestly points out Young's flaws & you come back with this crap.What's with the ROTY fixation?You had one as well on Defense,great player IMO.

If your using a braile screen & keyboard I apologize. Maybe you could wipe the drool & food off them give it another shot at reading my post.
You said he won Rookie of the Year in year one, as if you can win the Rookie of the Year in your fourth year or something. I was saying you can only win the Rookie of the Year in your first year, so you sayin "in his first year" really doesn't mean shiz.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #227
ChildressTitanMan
Veteran

Rep Power: 316 ChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respectedChildressTitanMan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You said he won Rookie of the Year in year one, as if you can win the Rookie of the Year in your fourth year or something. I was saying you can only win the Rookie of the Year in your first year, so you sayin "in his first year" really doesn't mean shiz.
Yeah in the context of having shown some good things in year one. In that context you wouldn't give up on a player who was struggling in year two.

You responded as if I was a homer banging on about how great it was to win ROTY. I didn't do that in any way.

It's not like this is the smack forum.I understand Texans fans have no interest in Young but it's your thread & I thought it was for football discussion.
ChildressTitanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #228
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
I will cry the day that bust of an over-rated jackass comes to lead this team. Fortunately, it will be the same day that hell freezes over and John Kerry is elected president. Thus, I am not worried about it.

If he was brought here, probably as the result of a massive front office brain fart, I can gaurantee you that there would be no superbowl in our future.
well by the looks of your avatar, its obvious why you don't like VY. guess he just isn't the white errrr right color. why not just make it a noose or swastika? practically the same thing imho. maybe you can mix in a white hood and burning cross next time.....

as for VY, he is struggling and has regressed this year but he still makes plays and should get better over time. he looks a little slower now though and that is worrisome. he might have bought into the hype in the offseason and not commited himself enough. plus then you have the Madden curse.....but I guarantee you we would all be whistling Dixie (no pun intended) if VY was a Texan and we were 6-3....that is for sure.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 11-12-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #229
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
but I guarantee you we would all be whistling Dixie (no pun intended) if VY was a Texan and we were 6-3....that is for sure.
Not me.... I have stuck to my guns about never wanting VY here. If he were, I'd be whistling "Taps"
Old 11-12-2007   #230
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
guess he just isn't the white errrr right color.
no, you were right the first time. he's not white. he's black.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #231
Ckw

Quote:
well by the looks of your avatar, its obvious why you don't like VY. guess he just isn't the white errrr right color. why not just make it a noose or swastika? practically the same thing imho. maybe you can mix in a white hood and burning cross next time.....
So a Confederate flag makes someone a racist? Granted, I took my down years ago simply because people took it the wrong way. It has a lot more to do with southern pride than racism. You're sorely uneducated if you think the Civil War was fought over slavery.
Old 11-12-2007   #232
TD
TT Huckaboo

Rep Power: 88272 TD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respectedTD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ahh...the race card. Trumps all reasonable discussion. Game over.
Old 11-12-2007   #233
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

indeed, plenty of southern blacks out there fly the flag.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #234
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68248 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
You're sorely uneducated if you think the Civil War was fought over slavery.
I dunno, bro. I was educated in Texas from Pre-K to high school and slavery was always the #1 cause of the Civil War when I was learning about it. But anyway, I think this is kind of dumb to be talking about in a thread about a NFL QB.
Old 11-12-2007   #235
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Friday nights with the Westbury Rebels playing the Lee Generals was a hoot. Both sides of Butler Stadium were lined with the "the Confederate Battle Flag"

To keep on topic... Butler was also where VY played most of his games..

Last edited by Texan_Bill; 11-12-2007 at 02:33 PM.
Texan_Bill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #236
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 13 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:

as for VY, he is struggling and has regressed this year but he still makes plays and should get better over time. he looks a little slower now though and that is worrisome. he might have bought into the hype in the offseason and not commited himself enough. plus then you have the Madden curse.....but I guarantee you we would all be whistling Dixie (no pun intended) if VY was a Texan and we were 6-3....that is for sure.
Despite the urge, I am going to stay on topic here and not tear into you politically. Instead, I am just going to suggest that you not play race cards...mainly because they make you look like a complete imbecile in any sort of an intelligent discussion. Just ask any race baiter who has ever run for office.

Now, as far as football is concerned. When does Vince Young make a play? With 4 TDs, 10 INTs, and 5 fumbles on the year...I would say that he blows far more plays than he makes. If Young was the QB for the Texans, we would not be 6-3...we probably wouldn't even be 4-5. As someone said above, the Titans are winning games in spite of Vince Young, not because of. Hell, if the Texans had that sort of defense...we'd be 6-3. Probably better.

As for the Madden curse, I am not even going to touch on that sort of idiocy.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #237
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildressTitanMan View Post
Yeah in the context of having shown some good things in year one. In that context you wouldn't give up on a player who was struggling in year two.

You responded as if I was a homer banging on about how great it was to win ROTY. I didn't do that in any way.

It's not like this is the smack forum.I understand Texans fans have no interest in Young but it's your thread & I thought it was for football discussion.

Your right, my bad.
Old 11-12-2007   #238
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

The race card being played again. How sad. I was called a bigot by someone because I don't think VY is very bright.

Ignorance.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!

Last edited by Brando; 11-12-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007   #239
Ckw

Quote:
I dunno, bro. I was educated in Texas from Pre-K to high school and slavery was always the #1 cause of the Civil War when I was learning about it. But anyway, I think this is kind of dumb to be talking about in a thread about a NFL QB.
I'm with you about not turning this into a slavery/racism thread. Which is why it was a dumb remark for Second Honeymoon to make. And yes, slavery was an issue but look further: state's rights buddy. Slavery=a minor issue at the time. The real problem=stave government vs. national government. The Confederacy wanted each state to have their own sovereignty. The United States did not. This is also the single biggest reason why the Confederacy lost the war. An inability to command a SINGLE Confederate Army as opposed to multiple state militias. I could be wrong on the state but South Carolina had an overflow of artillery and uniforms. They refused to share with the rest of the Confederate Army as they wanted to look out for their own state's interests. But enough about this.
Old 11-12-2007   #240
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckw5814 View Post
I'm with you about not turning this into a slavery/racism thread. Which is why it was a dumb remark for Second Honeymoon to make. And yes, slavery was an issue but look further: state's rights buddy. Slavery=a minor issue at the time. The real problem=stave government vs. national government. The Confederacy wanted each state to have their own sovereignty. The United States did not. This is also the single biggest reason why the Confederacy lost the war. An inability to command a SINGLE Confederate Army as opposed to multiple state militias. I could be wrong on the state but South Carolina had an overflow of artillery and uniforms. They refused to share with the rest of the Confederate Army as they wanted to look out for their own state's interests. But enough about this.
I never said it was the only reason for the Civil War, I was just saying that when I was learning about the Civil War it was the main reason I was taught. I'm talking about actual test questions were like "What was the major reason for the Civil War" and of course the answer was "slavery".

And I agree, enough about this.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League > The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk"
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read