Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-06-2007   #41
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Sage Roselfels For President!

Quote:
Originally Posted by steds View Post
What (admittedly little, coming from where I come from) I've seen of Rosenfels, I like. Not sure what would happen if he got a run in the side, but there's one way to find out and I reckon it'd be worth a go.

What's your point? Pretty much every decision anyone ever makes would be a bad one if it went wrong.
Point is that he got lucky and it worked out, just because a play works does not mean it was the right decesion. Also, just because something does not workdoes not neccessarily mean it was a wrong one either.

But he should not have thrown the pass when he did, it was because of a great play by Andre Davis.
Old 11-07-2007   #42
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

One thing I do like about Sage is that he goes vertical more often than Schaub and certainly more often than Carr did. He is great, and I am comfortable with him in emergency situations. With that said, Schaub should be our starter. He is a careful passer, who goes through his protections and makes the best pass. He needs to think quicker and stop over throwing his receivers, but on the whole...I think he can become a solid player. The only thing I'm worried about it his durability.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #43
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
The only thing I'm worried about it his durability.
Meh, only time will answer this question. In the meantime, be thankful that we've got Sage coming off the bench. It could be a lot worse....
Old 11-07-2007   #44
adam
Guero

Rep Power: 12 adam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden coveradam could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via AIM to adam Send a message via MSN to adam Send a message via Yahoo to adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
Meh, only time will answer this question. In the meantime, be thankful that we've got Sage coming off the bench. It could be a lot worse....
I just don't like the idea that had out QB has had to leave three games in a row. I just hope that after the bye he is fully healed and that A.J. will be back to give him some help. I am thankful for Sage, however. He has proven that he can get it done in place of Schaub.

Sig by False Start on #69
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #45
Goldensilence
hipster elite

Rep Power: 13669 Goldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respectedGoldensilence is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam View Post
I just don't like the idea that had out QB has had to leave three games in a row. I just hope that after the bye he is fully healed and that A.J. will be back to give him some help. I am thankful for Sage, however. He has proven that he can get it done in place of Schaub.
I think we've got a few guys nicked up pretty bad but they're trying to play through it. I don't like the idea much either but the bigger thing is we need something done regularly in the running game.

I think the bye week came at good time and hopefully we can get some of the pieces back together for the last half of this season to get to .500 and that this team look like the one that started 2-0. I hope someone really shows up in the game with Reggie Bush on his mind.
Goldensilence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #46
Hagar
Drink up yall, its the Texans!

Rep Power: 8880 Hagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respectedHagar is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike View Post
Imagine how much better we would be if we had Schaub AND an offensive line.
I don't disagree with you one little bit. But I will say, that we could have a descent offensive line right now had we kept the 2nd round pick and taken Tony Ugoh.

Remember, we don't have a 2nd round pick next year either. In the first round, I suspect the Texans will take a S or a CB (especially now that Dunta is injured). Without a 2nd round pick, I don't see us making any major changes to the line and any lineman we take in later rounds will be probably require a few years of work before he can start.

I would rather be starting Rosenfells with a descent line then having both Rosenfels & Schaub and the line we have right now and our most likely future line as well.

Schaub is a good QB and this should not be reflected on him, I just think we paid too much.
Hagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007   #47
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
I don't disagree with you one little bit. But I will say, that we could have a descent offensive line right now had we kept the 2nd round pick and taken Tony Ugoh.

Remember, we don't have a 2nd round pick next year either. In the first round, I suspect the Texans will take a S or a CB (especially now that Dunta is injured). Without a 2nd round pick, I don't see us making any major changes to the line and any lineman we take in later rounds will be probably require a few years of work before he can start.

I would rather be starting Rosenfells with a descent line then having both Rosenfels & Schaub and the line we have right now and our most likely future line as well.

Schaub is a good QB and this should not be reflected on him, I just think we paid too much.
I think we also paid for the ability to get a guy who has been in the year a few years. If we were to have drafted a QB, or were planning to later, than we would not be getting a guy who is as NFL savvy.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #48
DerekLee1
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1687 DerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respectedDerekLee1 is a quality contributor and well respected

It's too bad we lost all the old posts with the board change. I'd point out that 2 years ago I suggested trading Carr for whatever value we could get for him (probably a 2nd rounder at that time), starting Sage, and drafting Reggie Bush. Even LAST year after cutting Carr, as much as I love Schauby, could you IMAGINE this team with Sage starting, using last year's 2nd round pick with our #8 to move up and pick up Adrian Peterson? WOW.
DerekLee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #49
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
pick up Adrian Peterson? WOW.
I gotta admit, Peterson was good in college, but I never expected what he's done this year. WOW is right. Hopefully the rest of the team can meet his talent so he doesn't become another bad ass back a la Barry Sanders on a mediocre team.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007   #50
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 272958 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekLee1 View Post
It's too bad we lost all the old posts with the board change. I'd point out that 2 years ago I suggested trading Carr for whatever value we could get for him (probably a 2nd rounder at that time), starting Sage, and drafting Reggie Bush.
That was never an option. If you didn't pick up his option he was a free agent and couldn't be traded. Once the option was picked up there was no way they were going to trade him and take all the option bonus as dead money on the cap. That would have been paying $8 mil for a 2nd round pick.
Old 11-09-2007   #51
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

Speaking of "What ifs" in the draft...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...odd&id=3098817
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read