Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2007   #41
imatexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4457 imatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respectedimatexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Without Dunta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
We are well on our successful run for high draft picks. We get Asante Samuel in F/A for $42m for a four year deal, Bennett will start. Dunte may be back. We then draft a LT in a trade down, sign a FS with our new 2nd, draft a CB in 3rd, RB in 4th cause we've done pretty well historically and BPA the rest. McKinney/ White will be our centers and Eche our starting RB supported by Green who will get 90 yards in first quarter and then hobble to the bench to be replaced by our 4th rounder who will become the new DDW! I am so optimistic. Now watch these guys win 4 of the next 7 and ruin my plans. (Sarcasm).
Sarcasm or not everyone is talking like losing a player(even if he is my favorite player) is going to make us terrible. We are coming off a win and our best player is coming back in AJ!
imatexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #42
V3rm0nt3r
All Pro

Section: Wherever the biggest TV is
Rep Power: 116 V3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respectedV3rm0nt3r is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not going to lie... this really sucks but remember last year when all seemed lost after September- October because of the defense but then they started to work well together. granted then we were healthy except for the DL but they at least pulled it out.

the only other differece is that this year we have someone who can get the ball out quick enough to not get jacked by a mediocre DE who wouln't get past any other o-line except ours.

Im always the optomist.
its a gift and a curse
V3rm0nt3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #43
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1ApplePie View Post
Vs your boyfriend that posted an amazing 1 tackle against the worst O-Line in the NFL?
HAHA your funny, but ya know what I have criticized him, and also other D-Lineman unlike others, you included, who only critiques Mario because it is not the guy you wanted drafted. Like I said get over it and stop whinning like a school girl but I doubt you can do that.

I have also criticized the schemes but please do tell how I have a man crush on someone that I find fault in. I mean you are so great at this analysist thing you might be able to analyze with in depth coverage of an 8 year old girls flag football game one day.
Old 11-05-2007   #44
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
This thing with D-Rob already has the deja vu feeling of the injury that Charles Spencer suffered in the sense that recovery/rehab could stretch over multiple seasons. And the scariest thing is, we really don't have any end in sight yet for Spencer, who at one time we hoped could actually help us this year.
I've been critical of the progress Kubiak has made in '07, or the lack of
progress, in spite of injuries that all teams incur. But after QB, your OLT and shutdown CB are arguably the 2 most key positions on the team. Really crappy luck for the Texans to have these sort of injuries happen with these these 2 young, very valuable players at such important positions and its got to be factored in to discount any expectations one could have for the Texans
2007 season.

I agree with you completely. It is hard to swallow, but I am much more satisfied with a 6-10/ 7-9 finish based on the injuries this year. From a national perspective, it doesn't matter, but I think most Texans fans will realize that bad luck has had a material impact on the progress of this team.

Still, I don't want injuries to let this coaching staff or front office completely off of the hook. This team definitely has problems that are a result from issues other than injuries.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #45
ATXtexanfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 7106 ATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respectedATXtexanfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I'm thinking we should give all the DBs #38 . That would confuse the QB as to pick on .
that is genius
ATXtexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #46
Spike
Veteran

Rep Power: 20 Spike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of FamerSpike is a Hall of Famer

Just a quick update. I listened to the back end of Kubes interview on 610. I feel like every time you listen to one of these interviews, you really have to read between the lines - as an ex player, Kubes seems to go out of his way not to say anything to make any individual player look bad.

With that disclaimer in mind, I got the impression that the staff was happy with the way that Demps played, and as a result, there may be some flexibility with moving Hutchins around. As I recall, Hutchins is a true CB inserted at safety - so maybe this turns out to be a slight upgrade.

The only positive thing that can come from these injuries will be to learn that a handful of the young or journeymen players can come back next season and fight for a starting spot. So far - I think we have found a player in Andre Davis. Fred Bennett is going to have the opportunity to make this list. I would love to see Demps, White, Studdard and Frye to get a look as well. Heck - while I am at it - put Diles at one of the outside LB spots and see what he and Ryans can do on the field at the same time. If 1/3 of these guys work out - it makes things interesting when some of the guys who went down come back next season.
Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #47
Dread-Head
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99925 Dread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respectedDread-Head is a quality contributor and well respected

To quote Leo Sayer..."I can't LIIIIIIIIIVE...if livin' is without YOU! I'm sorry....I...I...Ineedtobealone!
Dread-Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #48
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 48009 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATXtexanfan View Post
that is genius
yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #49
Bohunk
Rookie

Rep Power: 0 Bohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respectedBohunk is a quality contributor and well respected

Even the best secondary gets beat when the QB has 7-8 seconds to throw. The D line looks like they get winded by the end of the first half and are not the disrupting presence they need to be.

Bohunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007   #50
pappy
Veteran

Rep Power: 212 pappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respectedpappy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohunk View Post
Even the best secondary gets beat when the QB has 7-8 seconds to throw. The D line looks like they get winded by the end of the first half and are not the disrupting presence they need to be.

Well against new Orleans it will be unusual if we get to brees as he has been untouchable lately . Better to just stack the line and defend against bush with some coverage in the secondary . That and a large prayer layered with alot of offensive output should do it .
pappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007   #51
Historyhorn
Veteran

Rep Power: 38 Historyhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respectedHistoryhorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm pretty pessimistic about our chances for the rest of the year with the loss of Dunta. We didn't have a stellar or even sold group in the defensive secondary before he went down. Without him, a mediocre group goes down to putrid pretty quickly.

Couple that with the fact that our bling-bling D-line blows donkeys in the pass rush dept. and I think we might have a problem containing other offenses.

If Dunta is gone for more than just a season (or his production declines because of this injury) we could be feeling the effects of this injury for years to come. I'm depressed at spending a couple more years in the wilderness, but that is what we could be facing.

Our secondary has to have an upgrade in personnel. Our O-line is somewhat improved over their putrid past, but still need some help at T and C. We could use a RB to share the load with Green, because it looks like him being hurt is going to be standard.

Lots of holes and no second rounder last year and no second rounder this year. Dunta going down makes another hole that has to be plugged. We're short "top-flight" NFL talent here and we just lost one who is top-flight.

I was hoping for playoffs in '09 with a near miss in '08. At this point, I'd probably revise that to playoffs in '10 or more realistically '11.

This sucks.

Go Texans
Historyhorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read