Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2007   #81
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Confirmed: Dunta done for the season.

I must have been the only person sick with disgust towards the end as the defense again and again kept the Raiders on the field with one penalty after another. Any remotely respectable team would have beaten the Texans yesterday with ease.

Trust me Lucky, you're going to get sick of "undisciplined and stupid" just as fast as you did "soft".

I've seen this act before. I watched Jerry Glanville's stupid Oiler teams play like that and have no interest in going through the same kind of cycle with the Texans.
Old 11-05-2007   #82
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel View Post
I must have been the only person sick with disgust towards the end as the defense again and again kept the Raiders on the field with one penalty after another.
Uh, don't feel like you're alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewmar74 View Post
12. Wow. Could we have had more fouls on that Raider drive in Q4? I'm sitting on my couch sweating, hoping that the defense could pull their heads out of their rear ends long enough to get a stop and not negate it with a dumb play. As I'm doing this, I'm thinking "Wow, this speaks volumes about how shaky my confidence is in these guys that I can't relax deep in the fourth quarter with a 14 point lead. Against the Raiders."
Old 11-05-2007   #83
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
Wasn't the criticism the previous weeks that the team was too soft? I think I'll take undisciplined and stupid over soft.

This team can't win...even when they win.
Texans fans are not going to accept any of it, don't expect Kubiak or Bob McNair will either

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #84
Lucky

Rep Power: 213963 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I must have been the only person sick with disgust towards the end as the defense again and again kept the Raiders on the field with one penalty after another.
That was what, one drive in the game? Granted, the facemask call was legit. But a couple of the personal fouls were borderline. Personally, I'd rather see them hit first and be second guessed than not hit at all.

All things considered, I'm satisfied with the defense's performance in Oakland. The best effort I've seen from them since the Carolina game.
Old 11-05-2007   #85
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 78323 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
That was what, one drive in the game? Granted, the facemask call was legit. But a couple of the personal fouls were borderline. Personally, I'd rather see them hit first and be second guessed than not hit at all.

All things considered, I'm satisfied with the defense's performance in Oakland. The best effort I've seen from them since the Carolina game.
Has the Texans defense under Richard Smith ever looked good against a good offense? Usually they require the offense to shoot itself in the foot.

BTW, here's my write up on Dunta's injury for FanHouse:

Most Depressing Texans Win Ever: Dunta Robinson Out For Season (And Maybe Longer)

I guess it could have been worse. The Texans could have flubbed the onside kick and then got the loss and Robinson out.

Blah.
Old 11-05-2007   #86
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1185 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah, they were better in some areas. Bennet and Demps were a bright spot for sure. And I am glad that they played with some emotion this game. I just happen to subscribe to the theory that you can play with emotion and fire and not shoot yourself in the foot by being stupid.

Call it "controlled rage," call it whatever. Just get off the field on third down without doing something boneheaded.
Old 11-05-2007   #87
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I must have been the only person sick with disgust towards the end as the defense again and again kept the Raiders on the field with one penalty after another. Any remotely respectable team would have beaten the Texans yesterday with ease.
In that drive, the call on Amobi was a lot of crap. It was a clean hit.
I dunno for sure, but I think another call in that drive for a personal foul
was also very debateable. On the other hand, the face mask call on Maddox
was clearly a flagrant foul which should have been flagged.
I do know the call in the EZ on Demps was total crap. He did exactly what he was suppose to do - it was a very hard hit, but not at all dirty as Demps
lowered his head to avoid a helmet-to-helmet collision.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #88
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

That's just it man, it's all about controlled aggression and maintaining your composure. In every single game they play somebody has a good chance of getting a crap call against them. Somebody is going to be victimized by poor officiating. It literally happens all the time. The officials are going to miss something and throw a flag (or not throw a flag) at the worst possible moment. That's part of the game and how you respond to that is a reflection of how prepared you are to play and how well coached you are.

When the Texans get a lousy call like they did when Demps supposedly hit that guy "helmet to helmet" and the team stiffens up and holds their opponent to a FG like they did in the 3rd quarter that's a good thing. they kept their composure and went back to work. When they keep a drive alive with penalties like they did in the fourth quarter and give Oakland 7 points that's a sign that they still have work to do.

It was their best effort since Carolina but I wasn't satisfied with it. Like I said, any reasonably good team would have beaten us badly yesterday.
Old 11-05-2007   #89
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

OK, I've read through all of these posts and there is alot of speculation about what will happen to Dunta, but I would like the real "low down" on how bad the injury is. So please C-N-D, give us the real scoop! The good, the bad, and the ugly! Signed, a depressed but hopefull fan!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #90
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3241 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
In that drive, the call on Amobi was a lot of crap. It was a clean hit.
I dunno for sure, but I think another call in that drive for a personal foul
was also very debateable. On the other hand, the face mask call on Maddox
was clearly a flagrant foul which should have been flagged.

I do know the call in the EZ on Demps was total crap. He did exactly what he was suppose to do - it was a very hard hit, but not at all dirty as Demps
lowered his head to avoid a helmet-to-helmet collision.
I remember that play because Mario was being put in a sleeper hold that every wrestling fan would have been proud of. Of course that was completely missed.

This year has been the worst I have ever seen as far as reafs stinking as much if not more than a movie starring Paris Hilton.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read