Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-05-2007   #21
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Everything happens for a reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by otisbean View Post
I don't understand why so many are dumping on Kubes so quickly. This is his first HC gig, he will make mistakes most HCs do. I remember Bellichuckles in Cleveland - they were terrible - he made mistakes - but I'd say he's clearly learned from those over the years.

Patience is a virtue, and I understand that it is easy to get frustrated, especially with the stinker they laid last Sunday. I was at the game - quite possibly the worst experience of my life. I will however give Kubes some time to get this figured out. The one coach I would rail on is Smith. He needs to get these guys going. They have talent on the DL he just needs to figure out how to get these guys going - that is what good coaches do.

Go Texans!
Becuase he is obstinate. I like the guy. The Robinson injury will force his hand with the DBs on the roster. Faggins should of been on the bench two weeks ago. Now Petey must start. And the only way they win a couple more games is if they take the hand cuffs off of Smith and tell him to go sic 'em. Now the paper this morning stated flatly that this HC disagrees with that. Stuborn.
I have no problem with him learning on the fly. I think Smith is being given way to much credit on this board for how much power he has at calling the D game plans and schemes. They have an offensive coordinators finger prints all over them. Smith stated out as a crazy persons specail teams coach. The guy isn't shy about taking a chance.

Same for Flanagan. I mean three weeks in a row Dayne looks like he has cement in his boots. And this game he looks like he did at Wisconsin busting thrity yarders down the sidelines. Either someone found some young juice or the o-line ran across someone who was missing a high end run stuffing DT because of injury. You figure it out. Did the o-line suddenly become studs. Or did provence deliver in to their hands a d-line crippled by injury ? Maybe I'm too future happy. I want to see what they have for '08. Do we need to draft center or is he already on the roster ? And there is no substitute for being on the feild and banging. They need to in MHO, find out what they have on the roster. And the only way you do that is let them get some snaps.

Last edited by threetoedpete; 11-05-2007 at 03:38 AM.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #22
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

back to topic...things happen for a reason?

perhaps Dunta's injury gives the team the incentive to make a serious push for a top FA CB. Even if Dunta doesn't begin next season, when he does return, our secondary becomes a strength instead of a liability.
Old 11-05-2007   #23
otisbean
All Pro

Rep Power: 5252 otisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respectedotisbean is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Becuase he is obstinate. I like the guy. The Robinson injury will force his hand with the DBs on the roster. Faggins should of been on the bench two weeks ago. Now Petey must start. And the only way they win a couple more games is if they take the hand cuffs off of Smith and tell him to go sic 'em. Now the paper this morning stated flatly that this HC disagrees with that. Stuborn.
I have no problem with him learning on the fly. I think Smith is being given way to much credit on this board for how much power he has at calling the D game plans and schemes. They have an offensive coordinators finger prints all over them. Smith stated out as a crazy persons specail teams coach. The guy isn't shy about taking a chance.

Same for Flanagan. I mean three weeks in a row Dayne looks like he has cement in his boots. And this game he looks like he did at Wisconsin busting thrity yarders down the sidelines. Either someone found some young juice or the o-line ran across someone who was missing a high end run stuffing DT because of injury. You figure it out. Did the o-line suddenly become studs. Or did provence deliver in to their hands a d-line crippled by injury ? Maybe I'm too future happy. I want to see what they have for '08. Do we need to draft center or is he already on the roster ? And there is no substitute for being on the feild and banging. They need to in MHO, find out what they have on the roster. And the only way you do that is let them get some snaps.
I hear what you are saying and I can see your point. Loyalty can be a tricky thing, but I think (atleast I hope) he will learn to balance his loyalty to players and the best interests of the team. You know the funny thing about Smith, for most of the game we don't blitz that much, and we play pretty well out our base D - not great but not terrible. In the Titans game we make this furious comeback, take the lead, then on third and 8-9 with little time left in the game he decides to blitz and we get burned. Maybe he is just having bad luck this season. While I am abosolutely against the prevent D, alittle cover 2 in that instance would have been nice. Force Collins to dink and dunk his way down the field. I don't know.

Silver Oak, agreed I think we now have to target an upgrade at CB in the offseason. Bennet is showing promise and I was hoping we would have that position tied up, but DR has a pretty serious injury. Maybe we go LT first round, RB and FS in the 3-4 and target a CB and interior Olineman in FA.
otisbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007   #24
jlam
Veteran

Rep Power: 139 jlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respectedjlam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
"who scored the first TD for the Texans?"

jlam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read