Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Will Sage do well vs. Oakland?
He'll do well...and should remain the starter 3 9.09%
He'll do well...but the spot is Schaub's no matter what 27 81.82%
He won't do well...so it's not even an issue 2 6.06%
Bring back DAVID CARR! (LOL...) 1 3.03%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2007   #1
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What are the chances of...

...Sage actually QB'ing a great game today? I know that it has seemed, in this same sort of spot for Sage, that he hasn't fared well when he has had to carry the game from start-to-finish.

I don't have the stats/proof, but I think I remember Sage starting for David awhile back. As I look back, I don't think he did all that well. IIRC, Sage is a great pinch hitter but he fails to impress when the game is his from start-to-finish.

If he does well today, I think you stay with the hot hand. I've never been a fan of putting the starter back in when your backup is on a roll. To me, a win is more important than any sort of pride or ego that always enters the equation. We need a spark. We need a change of atmosphere.

This team needs to get that swagger it had the first 2 weeks of this season.2
Old 11-04-2007   #2
brakos82
Hall of Fame

Section: 1009 E. Union
Rep Power: 59912 brakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respectedbrakos82 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to brakos82
Default Re: What are the chances of...

QB Rating is 70. Over/Under?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
For being the most intelligent form of life on our planet, we sure do some incredibly stupid things.
brakos82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #3
Tedc
Hardheaded

Rep Power: 4615 Tedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respectedTedc is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
...Sage actually QB'ing a great game today? I know that it has seemed, in this same sort of spot for Sage, that he hasn't fared well when he has had to carry the game from start-to-finish.

I don't have the stats/proof, but I think I remember Sage starting for David awhile back. As I look back, I don't think he did all that well. IIRC, Sage is a great pinch hitter but he fails to impress when the game is his from start-to-finish.

If he does well today, I think you stay with the hot hand. I've never been a fan of putting the starter back in when your backup is on a roll. To me, a win is more important than any sort of pride or ego that always enters the equation. We need a spark. We need a change of atmosphere.

This team needs to get that swagger it had the first 2 weeks of this season.2
I don't remember him ever starting for the Texans. I think he did that with Miami, possibly 3 times, but I am going by memory and not checking. Someone may have those numbers.
Old 11-04-2007   #4
Beer and Metal
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24254 Beer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respectedBeer and Metal is a quality contributor and well respected

Raiders can't seem to stop the run, the Texans can't seem to run. I think that forces the Texans to pass.
With that said, the Raiders have a pretty good pass defense.
Sage is outstanding for short durations, but starts making more mistakes the longer he's in. H may very well throw 4 TDs, but it'll likely be balanced with 4 INTs.
Old 11-04-2007   #5
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 311031 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

I still say Sage is one of the best back up QBs in the league. But Schaub is our starter. We need to make sure we keep both on this team.

Go Sage!

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #6
Twitch-Houston
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 290 Twitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respectedTwitch-Houston is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say this. Sage has been pretty good in a Texans uniform. Be it coming in for Carr or Schaub. Today he's showing he deserves a chance.
Twitch-Houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007   #7
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Uh oh...

Two more votes come in for Keeping Sage as Starter...

Guys, I mst admit--I've NEVER been a Start Sage guy. You can check my post history, it'll come up clean.

FWIW, this team looks pretty good when our running game is on-track. I don't think it matters much who's QB'ing when our run game is on. Even David Carr beat the Colts, due to the run game.
Old 11-04-2007   #8
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

I really hope when Schaub gets back that he plays great and puts all doubts to bed, because there is a old saying........"when you have two QBs, you have no QBs"
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read