Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 11-01-2007   #21
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Flanagan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Texan View Post
Facts, not fiction, nor sensational media please. Thank you!
Was just giving you a hard time. Since you said you were ready for it.
Old 11-01-2007   #22
GP 
Go Texans!

Rep Power: 50777 GP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respectedGP is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We can discuss other guys too. Winston was good at the start (I sang him upon my obersvations). He's not doing so well the last four games. He was rather bad this last game, too!
Well, he's probably tired of doing the heavy lifting for Flanagan.

Look...once a center is dominated, the whole line crumbles afterward.

I did some research on it: By watching the movie "300" where the most important part of the wedge is the guy in the front-middle...at the very tip of the spearhead.

Take HIM out, and everything crumbles.

There. There's the research you wanted from me.
Old 11-01-2007   #23
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

The thing is, there's more than just the O-line.
All eleven players (most of the times) are responsible. There are times that a certain player is not involved in a play (for whatever reason). Mainly, with us right now, all the other players make a mistake here and there. Besides the turnovers. You add them up, and it becomes unsurmountable.

But I have to say the Center position (with McKinney or Flanagan) were and are not the problem for us the last couple of years.

I can break down some plays, but I would rather have someone who's of a different opinion to do that first.
76Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #24
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
He doesn't look pretty. Often times, he's flat on the ground, but I'll tell ya he's effective. More so than the rest of the O-line.
How can he be effective if he is often flat on the ground?

You lose

tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007   #25
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 81730 76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected76Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GP View Post
Well, he's probably tired of doing the heavy lifting for Flanagan.

Look...once a center is dominated, the whole line crumbles afterward.

I did some research on it: By watching the movie "300" where the most important part of the wedge is the guy in the front-middle...at the very tip of the spearhead.

Take HIM out, and everything crumbles.

There. There's the research you wanted from me.
You can't be any further from the TRUTH than that!

I'll tell you something. It is so hard to go back and review the last four games, I asked myself whether it's worth "IT".

Now I believe it's worth something.
Best thing is you can defend a certain player who's been doing a good or decent job.
You're not finding me on the side of a crappy player!
Old 11-01-2007   #26
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
How can he be effective if he is often flat on the ground?

You lose

The simplest answer is the cut block. And the Chargers were doing that too!

The second is that as an offensive lineman, sometimes you try to extent yourself.
(Imagine a basketball player late on a screen).
In football, the RB and/or the QB can make an O-lineman look stupid on a screen pass.
When it works, them two get the credit.
When it doesn't, the lineman got the shaft from fans.
Old 11-01-2007   #27
76Texan
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I think Mr. Flannagan has gotten his butt whipped bad the last two weeks .

Just think what would have happened if the Chargers all world NT would have played .

Center is on my wish list for Christmas in April .
With all due respect, please show me!
Old 11-01-2007   #28
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 151960 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
With all due respect, please show me!
Show you ... I don't have game film but if you watched the game , you would have kinda noticed that on running plays the middle was stuffed and on passing plays there was'nt a pocket to step up in .

I watched Albert Haynesworth shove Flannagan backward . On one play he pushed Pitts and Flannagan 2 yards backward .
Old 11-01-2007   #29
barrett
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 7786 barrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respectedbarrett is a quality contributor and well respected

let me just start by saying.... you're Nucking Futz! As the leader of the Chris White movement (see my thread here: http://texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43822) i have to say that you couldn't be more wrong. there isn't one player that has had more of a negative effect on this team than flannigan. I haven't seen a single player single handidly cripple an entire unit like this ever! from training camp on you could just tell that flannigan was complacent and mckinney was firery and inspired. when we came out of the gates 2 - 0 nobody was more emotional about it thank McKinney. he was the emotional leader of a line that had taken more heat than any other unit on any other team in the NFL. he took that starting job from flannigan despite the new coach not thinking he had it. he flat out stole the job!

i have seen flannigan on all fours 4 yards back in the backfield so many times. i sat through that game last week and when schaub and flannigan went out white came in and i decided at that point that i couldn't watch any more. so i decided to watch the one ray of hope for the future. i sat there and watched play after play after play of chris white manhandling his guy, shoving him 3, 4 yards backwards and over and over he was the first guy into the frame after the runner was tackled because he had moved his man backwards into the linebackers where the back was tackled.

if it was a pass play i watched him snap the ball and stand still because the guy that was trying to get past him was stuck right where chris white was. a few plays later he was being double teamed! and all he did was take on two guys and shuttle backwards about a yard still allowing sage to step up and throw the ball.

the biggest difference between week 2 and week 3-8 is that one guy! read my thread. i dont want to repreat myself anymore...

flannigan sucks. SUCKS.

go texans.
barrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007   #30
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
We can discuss other guys too. Winston was good at the start (I sang him upon my obersvations). He's not doing so well the last four games. He was rather bad this last game, too!
This is Bull dung. Winton has been the most capible of all the o-lineman this season troll. Where are you getting this from ? Are you related to Flanagan ? Hey the guys had a nice run...but it's over. And I mean no doubt it's over. He'll be the frst guy out the door the next off season. Sherman recomended the guy and if he doesn't like it he should be the second guy out the door. Flanagan got the starts at the first of '06 and they sucked. He didn't get hurt , he got demoted on his level of, or lack there of, play. After he gets demoted the rushing attack comes back. It's over Mrs. Flanagan. Let it go.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read