Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 01-23-2005   #21
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Kyle Eckel (Navy) would be a nice solution. He is a very talented fullback that can block, run and catch.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #22
astrofan
Veteran

Eckel is one of my favorite players in the game
can someone explain exactly how his Navy commitment works
it seems like I have heard that he has to give them at least a few years
he would be the next Alstott

from draftcountdown: Has a five-year commitment to the Navy following graduation but may have to only serve two followed by six-years in the reserves...

preseason preview from collegefootballnews: At 240 pounds he's a powerful back who doesn't wear down. There are few backs able to gain positive yards more consistently and still come back looking to dish out more punishment. Eckel carried the ball 236 times this year and lost yardage on just three of those carries, all of which were one-yard losses.

from hamptonroads/pilotonline: “You know how most backs get through the line and see a defensive back coming up and they veer away from them? Well, Kyle veers right for them,” Navy head coach Paul Johnson said. “He’s kind of a throwback to a different era.”...

I hope BigGeorge tells littlegeorge to get Secretary England to defer Kyle's commitment or get cut off from granddaddy prescott's money for good
astrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #23
Wolfiegrrl
Wonder Woman

Rep Power: 12864 Wolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respectedWolfiegrrl is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via MSN to Wolfiegrrl Send a message via Yahoo to Wolfiegrrl
Default Interesting Rumors...

I've heard from a Seattle Seahawks fan that Houston would be interested in Shaun Alexander. Does anyone here think that this would be possible and probable? Would we really need a guy like Alexander? I know he placed 2nd in rushing yards, but he's certainly not a pass blocker. I would love to hear y'alls opinions.
Wolfiegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005   #24
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

we wont be going after Alexander. It just doesnt fit... at all.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #25
rittenhouserobz
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to rittenhouserobz

Don't forget Charlie Anderson. I think that is his name. I thought he did fairly well in the preseason. If he doesn't get hurt, then we might not have kept Wells.

On a sidenote: If Wells signs with another team like Denver, then he might end up doing quite well. IMHO
Old 01-24-2005   #26
J-Man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrofan
Eckel is one of my favorite players in the game
can someone explain exactly how his Navy commitment works
it seems like I have heard that he has to give them at least a few years
he would be the next Alstott

from draftcountdown: Has a five-year commitment to the Navy following graduation but may have to only serve two followed by six-years in the reserves...

Astrofan...draftcountdown is pretty close on the service commitment. Basically Eckel has to apply to the Department of the Navy for an exception to policy based on the possiblity of recieveing a pro contract. If he is granted the exception it could go with the 2 yrs active/6yrs reserve (ala David Robinson of Spurs fame) or there is a much slimmer possibility of waiving all of the active duty requirement in lieu of reserve duty.

I'm not positive but I thought Eckel came out as saying he wanted to serve at least some of his active duty time.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #27
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

First of all, I think I have made it pretty well known that I am on the Let's Draft Eric Shelton Campaign. I really like what I have seen from this kid going back to the Miami game. I think if we do draft a running back like him it wouldn't hurt. Reason being is because, say Wells still stays with us, Wells provides very good special teams and a much improved decent back up to any of the other two (get rid of Hollings).

Or we draft a RB, Wells gets ticked because he thinks he is never going to have a chance to start and signs elsewhere. Well now you got DD, Tony Hollings, and the bruiser you drafted to come in for either of the two and this may enable you to keep two fullbacks.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005   #28
TexansTrueFan
Hall of Fame

Send a message via Yahoo to TexansTrueFan

i can almost gurantee that we dont spend any big bucks or picks on a RB. Considering our RB is not the problem, we had a decent running game this season, and we have bigger problems to worry about, and i think wells makes a good back up, he was running hard when he was in the games !
TexansTrueFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read