Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2007   #121
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time for Martyball or CowherPower. We need a tough blue collar attitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Maybe positive isn't the best word--how about constructive?

Attacking every ill, real and imaginary, isn't constructive. This BS about Kubiak being unemotional is a perfect example. Fine they are losing--doesn't mean Schaub=Carr or Kubiak=Capers in quality or persona. Kubiak has yelled at players and refs on the sideline repeatedly. Acting as if he is an automaton is made up BS which since it isn't accurate doesn't even arise to glass half empty--it is just straight BS.

Even if he weren't "emotional" on the sideline, somebody remind me of the last time Dungy or Belicheck laid down on the sideline, sucked their thumb and threw a hissy fit as SH endorses and frankly posts. Basic problem with SH's position is you demonstrably do not have to act like a baby or an ogre to be a successful coach.
I know I'm not educating you but you don't have to be loud to have a deep brooding fire or intensity/will. Dungy and Belicheck are pretty quiet but you can see a firey underbelly to them and you can tell they just have the total respect of their team. I'm not sure we see that in Kubiak's quiet nature although you can point to him being mad here and there and make a case for his intensity, but I'm still not sure I see the total confidence and command of his team that I see in either of the coaches you threw out there as examples. I still think Kubiak should have some time....but it's fair game to talk about imo.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #122
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1665 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Time for Martyball or CowherPower. We need a tough blue collar attitude

I'm all for keeping Kubes, I wanted him originally in 2002 but that didn't work out. I wanted him to be the coach last year, we finally have him as a coach. That being said after Sunday's hangover when I was very upset I might have thought about a new coach but I have calmed down. Kubes will at least be here through the end of 2008. I don't want a franchise that fires coaches on a almost yearly basis like the previous franchise owner did.

I'm ok with him until 2008 but he needs to take a deep look at his assistants, starting on the defense side of the ball.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #123
RDillon
Rookie

Can see if we go .500 first. The team isn't going to the playoffs. If Sage steps up all is not lost. I hope they fire Faggins shortly and let some of the other guys play. We need the running game back too.

Last edited by RDillon; 10-30-2007 at 07:50 PM.
RDillon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #124
nut
All Pro

Rep Power: 165 nut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respectednut is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would an established coach want to come here more than somewhere else? The organization (McNair and his coaches & GM's) has stunk it up from day one (well actually, day two, remembering the cowgirl game)
nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007   #125
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 354011 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Just wondering, Icak. Should the Texans let Kubiak play out his final year of his contract as a lame duck, re-sign him to an extension, or find someone else to do the job? I am with the latter but I don't think everyone that feels differently are morons or negative or too positive. I just feel they may have a little too much wishful thinking. I just don't see it.
Well I guess we will cross that bridge a couple more years from now. Kubiak signed a 5 year deal, not a 3 year deal. Count on him being here at least 4 of those years unless they hit 2-14 again next year so all the carping about getting a new coach is useless. Fine criticize specific calls, but you can wish in one hand and...about him leaving soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I know I'm not educating you but you don't have to be loud to have a deep brooding fire or intensity/will. Dungy and Belicheck are pretty quiet but you can see a firey underbelly to them and you can tell they just have the total respect of their team. I'm not sure we see that in Kubiak's quiet nature although you can point to him being mad here and there and make a case for his intensity, but I'm still not sure I see the total confidence and command of his team that I see in either of the coaches you threw out there as examples. I still think Kubiak should have some time....but it's fair game to talk about imo.
Fair enough, but from what I saw last year and this in training camp, in vignettes on the sidelines and the way the team came into this season, they buy into him. Now some of the other coaches...but ultimately that falls on Kubiak's shoulders. Passion helps towards success but doesn't guarantee it. I've watched a far more passionate team on the sidelines and on the field this year than any year before even if success in W's hasn't followed. That's why this criticism seems out of left field to me.

Last edited by infantrycak; 10-30-2007 at 08:42 PM.
infantrycak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #126
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

color me corrected on the 3 year deal thing. who the hell signs an unproven head coach to a 5 year deal. mcnair needs a freaking lobotomy.

but yeah, unless we lose the rest of our games it looks like Flatlining Gary will be our Head Coach. Well at least we have another season of uninspired and losing football to look forward to.......thanks Bob.
Old 10-31-2007   #127
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
color me corrected on the 3 year deal thing. who the hell signs an unproven head coach to a 5 year deal. mcnair needs a freaking lobotomy.

but yeah, unless we lose the rest of our games it looks like Flatlining Gary will be our Head Coach. Well at least we have another season of uninspired and losing football to look forward to.......thanks Bob.
What coach would only sign a three year deal to fix what Casserly and Capers screwed up, that would be completely moronic.

Arizona - Named Ken Whisenhunt coach and signed him to a four-year contract with a club option.

Flacons - Petrino has accepted a five-year, $24 million offer from the Atlanta Falcons to become their new coach. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700

Dolphins - Cam Cameron agreed to a four-year contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...n-hiring_x.htm

Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh to offer him a four-year contract worth about $2.5 million annually. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16723895/

The five year deal is not out of line. Yet again you are talking without saying anything. I think you are the one who needs the lobotomy.
Old 10-31-2007   #128
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
Passion helps towards success but doesn't guarantee it. I've watched a far more passionate team on the sidelines and on the field this year than any year before even if success in W's hasn't followed. That's why this criticism seems out of left field to me.
I am on board with this and it's a fine point.

Old 10-31-2007   #129
badboy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 160949 badboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respectedbadboy is a quality contributor and well respected

But will fans settle for "better team" if the Ws are not there? For me it is yes. I just hate to see silly mistakes like clock management or players not blocking/tackling.
badboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #130
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by badboy View Post
But will fans settle for "better team" if the Ws are not there? For me it is yes. I just hate to see silly mistakes like clock management or players not blocking/tackling.
The team we have seen the last 3 weeks has been awful when the game was on the line. What we got there is no W's and sloppy, awful football.

Old 10-31-2007   #131
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
What coach would only sign a three year deal to fix what Casserly and Capers screwed up, that would be completely moronic.

Arizona - Named Ken Whisenhunt coach and signed him to a four-year contract with a club option.

Flacons - Petrino has accepted a five-year, $24 million offer from the Atlanta Falcons to become their new coach. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2723700

Dolphins - Cam Cameron agreed to a four-year contract. Terms of the deal were not disclosed. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/footb...n-hiring_x.htm

Pittsburgh - Pittsburgh to offer him a four-year contract worth about $2.5 million annually. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16723895/

The five year deal is not out of line. Yet again you are talking without saying anything. I think you are the one who needs the lobotomy.
5 year deal is out of line with the contracts you listed. Only Petrino got a 5 year deal and we see how well that is working out.

Kubiak is 2nd rate and his staff is even worse. But whatever, keep honking and supporting a loser head coach....wouldn't surprise me....why not just give him a 10 year extension and erect a statue of the guy.

kubiak has been a failure
kubiak's staff is horrible
the team has gotten worse progressively
the team comes out flat
the team makes stupid mistake after stupid mistake
the players aren't gettin coached up and improving if anything they are regressing
the guy just looks completely overwhelmed on the sideline, press conferences, and the fact that he would use 'exceptional' and 'Mario' in the same sentence is the exact opposite of what we need from a coach on a young team.

but whatever, God forbid we try and improve our coaching. what a horrible fan I am.....
Old 10-31-2007   #132
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

8-24

Anybody know what that means?!??
Old 10-31-2007   #133
Porky
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 61481 Porky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respectedPorky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
8-24

Anybody know what that means?!??
Our record in the last 32 games??
Old 10-31-2007   #134
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 127410 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
8-24
OKay, Okay.....

That was Jimmy Johnson's record with the Cowgirls after his first two seasons.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read