Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-30-2007   #1
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected
Thumbs up Hey, it could actually be worse!

It really could:
  • We could be Bengals fans. Playoff aspirations dashed AGAIN and uniforms that looked like a zebra molested a pumpkin.
  • We could have thought we had legitimate Super Bowl aspirations this year.
  • We could be Miami fans. 0-8 is worse, no doubt, and no light at the end of the tunnel.
  • We could still be looking at Casserly's mug as our GM.
  • We could have to play the Colts twice a year... oh, wait, we do. Nevermind.
  • We could be Rams fans. Every one on IR and a team that is getting a bit long in the tooth to have to reload.
  • We could be Jags fans and wonder if our team is going to go to California and be the new Los Angeles franchise.
  • We could have just signed Craig Nall because our QB is nicked up. Damn. Did it again.
  • We could suck this bad and live up north. At least its not cold.
  • We could have never known this board was here and had to stay on the official board.

See, it could always be worse! We really do have some blessings to count (and no, that wasn't meant to be sarcastic).

And now, a "its not so bad" haiku:

Yes we suck bad now.
But we can find hope in this:
Rams fans we are not.
Old 10-31-2007   #2
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Hey, it could actually be worse!

i see Glenn Dorsey's big fat silhouette at the end of the tunnel.

and as i said before, everyone thought Miami would suck. but tons of Texans fans were picking playoffs, and started the season very well, too. who's more disappointed?
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post

and as i said before, everyone thought Miami would suck. but tons of Texans fans were picking playoffs, and started the season very well, too. who's more disappointed?
I didn't think Miami would suck THAT bad.

Of course, I expected us to be 5-3 right now.
Old 10-31-2007   #4
drewmar74
disgruntled

Rep Power: 1184 drewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respecteddrewmar74 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Hmmmmmmm...... Well, I've been a Texans fan since jump (and was an Oiler and Saint fan from before that) so disappointment is not a problem for me!

I'm accustomed to it!
Old 10-31-2007   #5
gwallaia

Rep Power: 51052 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

It could be worse, ... Bud Adams could be the owner of the team.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #6
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Nope Kast this draft you will again be just like last years .............

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Kastafnova (sp) just threw his tv out the window.

Last edited by Specnatz; 10-31-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #7
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 25169 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

LA could have been awarded a team instead of us.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 10-31-2007   #8
Thorn 
Dirty Old Man

Section: Restrained in the mental ward
Rep Power: 155499 Thorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respectedThorn is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate View Post

What horrible thought! I was without football most of those years after the Oilers left because I refused to watch either the Cowboys or "that team from Tennessee".

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." --- John Wayne
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 12366 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
We could be Miami fans. 0-8 is worse, no doubt, and no light at the end of the tunnel
true.
Old 10-31-2007   #10
3andOUT
Rookie

Quote:

Umm...Dolphins fans. You may have known you would suck, but never this bad. You have a legit chance of running the table in reverse. And neither Glenn Dorsey, Andre Woodson, Brian Brohm or Dan Marino himself could restore dignity to a team who went 0-16. Nice try though dolphin fan
3andOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #11
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Location: I live in a hole, but stay close to my kind, 'cause they understand what burns in my mind...
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

You've got winning seasons and championships in your history, including a perfect season. Nothing to be ashamed of with a couple of losing seasons, because when you get it back on track, Dolphin players know that they are restoring glory to a storied franchise.

Meanwhile, the Houston Texans continue their tradition of losing more games than they win in a single season. We seem to be consistent about that.
Old 10-31-2007   #12
3andOUT
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
You've got winning seasons and championships in your history, including a perfect season. Nothing to be ashamed of with a couple of losing seasons, because when you get it back on track, Dolphin players know that they are restoring glory to a storied franchise.

Meanwhile, the Houston Texans continue their tradition of losing more games than they win in a single season. We seem to be consistent about that.
It's all about who's more disappointed not who has the better history and tradition. Even the crappiest teams expect to win games, and judging by your incredible point above, we are kind of used to losing so that wouldn't make any more disappointed than we've been for the past 5 years.
3andOUT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #13
Brando
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 1664 Brando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respectedBrando is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwallaia View Post
It could be worse, ... Bud Adams could be the owner of the team.
True!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgate
Although the Texans are frustrating, at least we do have a team.

Extra Special Thanks to False Start for the signature!
Brando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007   #14
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Location: I live in a hole, but stay close to my kind, 'cause they understand what burns in my mind...
Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 209247 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3andOUT View Post
It's all about who's more disappointed not who has the better history and tradition. Even the crappiest teams expect to win games, and judging by your incredible point above, we are kind of used to losing so that wouldn't make any more disappointed than we've been for the past 5 years.
It's all about perspective. Our ENTIRE history as Houston Texans fans is nothing but a long tale of disappointment. We have no history to look back on for hope.

I no longer "expect" anything from this team, so if I am expecting nothing, I will not be disappointed by them doing nothing. I'm a Texan fan for life, but I'm no longer going to get emotional about it until they can prove that they deserve us as fans.
Old 10-31-2007   #15
Leahmic223
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 22 Leahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of FamerLeahmic223 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
It's all about perspective. Our ENTIRE history as Houston Texans fans is nothing but a long tale of disappointment. We have no history to look back on for hope.

I no longer "expect" anything from this team, so if I am expecting nothing, I will not be disappointed by them doing nothing. I'm a Texan fan for life, but I'm no longer going to get emotional about it until they can prove that they deserve us as fans.

That is true, we have nothing to look back at. No great players, no great memories, no fantastic wins. I mean we were close to having a great memory against the Titans a few weeks ago, but blew it.

Everything that is a memory is something you want to forget rather than remember. It sucks, but at least we have a team again and as a Lion fan told me. 'At least its only been few years.' but at least they have a history to look back on.
Leahmic223 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read