Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 06-04-2004   #1
BuffSoldier
Hall of Fame

Default Home Field Advantage

Reading todays article, I noticed the advantage the Texans have playing at home, not only do they have the best loudest fans in the world, but the most teams arent used to that Texas heat, when we open that roof and teams like Minnesota come down here this year and get a feel of that heat, they gonna fall out before half time.
Old 06-04-2004   #2
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I was thinking that alot. For Minnesota, we should open the roof and for GreenBay we should close the roof since Favre usually sucks indoors. But I know with it being a night game and all many would want the roof open.
El Tejano is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004   #3
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

The Vikings suck on grass, they have some outrageous record when playing on grass (I dont know the excat, but it is like a 2-20 record on grass, something strange like that) thats why I was surprised everyone gave them the Cardinals game at the end of the season.

I think the roof is going to be open for a Sunday Night Game.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004   #4
J-Man
Veteran

While we may agree that it's good football tactics in the dome open/close debate...the bottom line is what they think will keep the fans most comfortable, happy with the facility, coming to games and spending money. I didn't get the impression that they made the "dome call" based on geography of the visiting team the last 2 seasons...more to do with the weather forecast.

All that on the table...yeah, we ought sweat the purple off the Vikes on GP's.

Eat 'em Up, KATS!
J-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2004   #5
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

I HOPE that roof's open for the night game. I was bummed that it wasn't open for the Super Bowl and think it'd make for great TV--more good PR for Houston.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2004   #6
Joe Texan
Inducted 04

Section: 116 row a seat 20
Rep Power: 4091 Joe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedJoe Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

OPen if its hot, raining, snowing who care just open all the time. this is football, man, football.
Old 06-07-2004   #7
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Roof should be open for the Green Bay game..the weather should be awesome by then and the stadium looks awesome with the roof open.
Old 06-08-2004   #8
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

We have had a demonstrable advantage with home games. This is why I think we will pull off what at this time is considered a big upset. I think we will beat Greenbay. However, by that point in the season it will not seem the majpor upset that it looks like at this point. Their season IMO, will not be going particularly well at that point and ours will be going reasonably well.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004   #9
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 76955 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

even if the roof was open, they would have a dozen water cooling fans on the sideline for those eskimos.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read